Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Top 10 Peyton Manning Games

buffalo34

Just aired after America's Game the 2015 Broncos.

10) Peyton's first career win (vs. Ryan Leaf)

9) Peyton's first playoff win (vs. Denver, 2003)

8) 2004 Thanksgiving Game, 6 TDs for Peyton

7) 4th and 2

6) 2012 MNF game vs. Chargers, come back from 24-0 down at halftime (first comeback with Broncos)

5) 2013 opener vs. Ravens, throws 7 TDs

4) 2003 MNF comeback game vs. Tampa Bay

3) Peyton breaks Favre's passing TD record, 2014 vs. 49ers

2) Super Bowl XLI win

1) 2006 AFCCG comeback

My top Peyton games that weren't on the list:

2009 AFCCG vs. Jets - Peyton figured out the best defense in the NFL in that game and was just clicking from the 2nd half on in a way that no other QB did vs. the Jets' defense that season. Probably my favorite postseason performance from him.

2013 AFCCG vs. Patriots - Again, in control the entire game, looked comfortable out there, guided team to another Super Bowl Appearance

2009 MNF game @ Dolphins - the Dolphins had a 3-1 time of possession advantage on the Colts and kept Peyton off the field all day. With no help from his defense, Peyton had to be perfect to win the game, and he did, despite having the ball for less than the length of a full quarter.

54 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

7) 4th and 2

6) 2012 MNF game vs. Chargers, come back from 24-0 down at halftime (first comeback with Broncos)

2) Super Bowl XLI win

1) 2006 AFCCG comeback

2009 AFCCG vs. Jets - Peyton figured out the best defense in the NFL in that game and was just clicking from the 2nd half on in a way that no other QB did vs. the Jets' defense that season. Probably my favorite postseason performance from him.

2013 AFCCG vs. Patriots - Again, in control the entire game, looked comfortable out there, guided team to another Super Bowl Appearance

2009 MNF game @ Dolphins - the Dolphins had a 3-1 time of possession advantage on the Colts and kept Peyton off the field all day. With no help from his defense, Peyton had to be perfect to win the game, and he did, despite having the ball for less than the length of a full quarter.

That 2009 AFCCG was the best Playoff game he ever played IMO. Nearly 400 Yards passing and 3 TD's/no INT's. On the 2nd biggest stage in Football he did that(the SB is #1)he dominated a Rex Ryan Defense that was Great that season.

My Top 5 Peyton games would include that game, here is my Top 5:

5. That game = 2009 AFCCG vs the Jets.

4. 7 TD game vs the Ravens in the opener in 2013. Tied the record for most TD passes in a game.

3. 4th and 2 vs the Pats in 2009. I was at that game too! Down 34-14 in the 4th Qtr, then all hell broke loose as Peyton flipped the switch and hit Reggie Wayne for a TD with seconds left to keep the Colts undefeated at 9-0. Nothing like beating that team!

2. 2006 SBXLI win over the Bears, he won SB MVP and his legacy was set no matter what after that!

1. 2006 AFCCG vs the Pats - Greatest comeback in AFC Title Game history. Colts were down 21-3 at one time/21-6 at Half. Peyton struggled in the 1st Half but was flawless in the 2nd Half, playing perfect. That win was so huge for Peyton's legacy getting the Colts to the SB for the 1st time in Indy and beating Tom Brady on a huge stage! That game was the real SB.

I love NFL Top 10.

But that's got to be the worst list they've ever done. Nothing but a bunch of dumb token picks. It's 1 thing to start off at 10 with a token pick which they do for almost all the lists but the SB (yes I know it was the SB but that wasn't 1 of his 10 best games), the watered down 7 TD game, the half dead 49ers etc. 

The 15 minute possession game, the 50 burger he served the Saints while Archie watched and a pile of other big regular season games belong on this list.

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:07 PM, buffalo34 said:

7) 4th and 2

2) Super Bowl XLI win

1) 2006 AFCCG comeback

The 2013 AFC title game is Top-5 at least.....you are right

On 9/7/2016 at 11:07 PM, buffalo34 said:

7) 4th and 2

2) Super Bowl XLI win

1) 2006 AFCCG comeback

show did highlight few others and did explain why some were picked for importance if not performance, fact that SB 41 was his first meant , take that I can win it all, esp after Hestor took opening Kickoff to the house

2009 MNF game @ Dolphins  -m Peyton won with less than 15 minutes time of posseion for colts, only time in history- 1st pass was 80 yard TD to Dalls, ,another quick TD was bubble screen and Varcon ran back & forth , up & down, In and out, every which way and finally got to endzone

I think they mentioned how Peyton just wanted it more Vs Pats in AFCCG , not sure if was 2015, or 2013

show will still be on a few more times before Top fantasy game repeat with Peyton # 1  then & top 10 free agent s,  I summize Peyton # 1

The 2016 game against Green Bay...the battle of unbeatens...should be in the Top-10

..Peyton's last big yardage game against Aaron Rodgers bon National TV..shold be ahead of his game agains Ryan Leaf...

Last years' AFC title game win over New England should be ahead his 1st playoff win in 2003 over Denver

Very disappointed in the list. First win...ugh almost every qb has a first win...the 509 against SF...nope...the first comeback against the Chargers...sorry but if anything the first win coming back against Pittsburg was a bigger deal after the surgery...don't get me wrong there are TONS of memorable games but that Miami game for me was just ridiculous....the AFC Championship against NY was pretty big and I'd say the AFC Championship against Tom with Denver in 2013 was pretty much surgeon like. To me best games aren't just big games...but statistical and masterful performances....and if that is the case most of these don't belong on here but I guess they are saying these are the most meaningful PM games towards his legacy....not really sure. I doubt any person on here even remembered his first win was against Ryan Leaf and what he threw for in that game...but we all remember the comeback in Tampa and the near perfect performance in Miami. Those two I will always remember quite fondly.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Very disappointed in the list. First win...ugh almost every qb has a first win...the 509 against SF...nope...the first comeback against the Chargers...sorry but if anything the first win coming back against Pittsburg was a bigger deal after the surgery...don't get me wrong there are TONS of memorable games but that Miami game for me was just ridiculous....the AFC Championship against NY was pretty big and I'd say the AFC Championship against Tom with Denver in 2013 was pretty much surgeon like. To me best games aren't just big games...but statistical and masterful performances....and if that is the case most of these don't belong on here but I guess they are saying these are the most meaningful PM games towards his legacy....not really sure. I doubt any person on here even remembered his first win was against Ryan Leaf and what he threw for in that game...but we all remember the comeback in Tampa and the near perfect performance in Miami. Those two I will always remember quite fondly.

I pretty much agree, the list is way off. Top 3 have to be the 2006 AFCCG vs the Pats, the SB in 2006 over the Bears, and the 4th and 2 game vs the Pats when down 34-14 midway through the 4th Qtr. That put the Colts at 9-0 in 2009 and pretty much sowed up HFA that season. His wins over Tom Brady here in Indy to me were his biggest wins and the SB win because it was the SB where he won MVP. The fact his 2009 AFCCG game vs the Jets didn't even make the Top 10 is ridiculous. He set a record with 377 Yards passing in that game to win the Conference, also had 3 TD's passing. That needs to be Top 5!

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah...they really butchered this. It's literally just a bunch of token picks. I don't say that to blow off steam, or because there are a few token picks, or to exaggerate anything etc. It's literally a bunch of token picks lol!

I think a couple people sat in a room and said "Peyton won a SB right? OK put that on there. He broke the TD record right?  Ok put that on there. What was his first win? OK put that on there. Did he ever beat NE? OK put that on there. Are there enough playoff games to make 10 yet? OK put them on there.

There was no real work done on this list by anybody apparently. 

I just watched the Top 10 Brett Favre Games special. These are the only 2 exclusive player Top 10s I've ever seen but they're enough for me to beg and scream for them to not make anymore. This absolutely sucked. 

1 of the picks wasn't even a game (they counted the retirement saga) , and 1 of the picks was 2 games rolled into 1 (2009 Vikes/Pack games). Even if you can live with that, because anybody can see the logic, you're left with half of a list of Vikings games. What? 6 Vikings games if you count both games against the Packers and the retirement thing which of course involved the Vikings twice. Could you imagine the Peyton list being 6 Broncos games? We're lucky that's not what we got since he played there 4 years and not 2! O and 3 losses...wth.

And the smart aleck sportswriters. I know that comes with the territory, especially in a Brett Favre show, but they're nothing but a bunch of losers. I would feel no guilt if I took that Scott Ferrall guy's cigar and burned a hole in his throat with it until he died. 

35 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I just watched the Top 10 Brett Favre Games special. These are the only 2 exclusive player Top 10s I've ever seen but they're enough for me to beg and scream for them to not make anymore. This absolutely sucked. 

1 of the picks wasn't even a game (they counted the retirement saga) , and 1 of the picks was 2 games rolled into 1 (2009 Vikes/Pack games). Even if you can live with that, because anybody can see the logic, you're left with half of a list of Vikings games. What? 6 Vikings games if you count both games against the Packers and the retirement thing which of course involved the Vikings twice. Could you imagine the Peyton list being 6 Broncos games? We're lucky that's not what we got since he played there 4 years and not 2! O and 3 losses...wth.

And the smart aleck sportswriters. I know that comes with the territory, especially in a Brett Favre show, but they're nothing but a bunch of losers. I would feel no guilt if I took that Scott Ferrall guy's cigar and burned a hole in his throat with it until he died. 

I haven't seen it yet but some of the lists the NFL Network do are a complete joke. #1 would have to be GB's win over the Patriots to win the SB, #2 would be when his father passed away IMO when he threw for a zillion TD's against the Raiders as a Packer on a Monday night win on the road, #3 should be beating the 49ers in SF for the NFC Title Game in 1997. They killed a Steve Young lead team and Favre was solid in that game. My Top 3 Peyton games are all Colts games too = 2006 AFCCG vs the Pats, SB win over the Bears in 2006, 4th and 2 game over the Pats in the 2009 Regular Season game.

The Top 10 Brett Favre Games

1. 2003 Packers vs Raiders - Stats,  effort, and results were all perfect the night after Brett's father died against a Raider team that everybody thought had it back together after a couple of upset wins

2. 1996 Packers vs 49ers MNF - The 2nd biggest whoopin' Brett ever took behind the 2009 NFCCG and it was a phenomenal game

3. 1997 Packers vs Cowboys - 4 TDs in his first win against the Cowboys who'd beat him in the playoffs 3 years in a row, presumably costing him 3 more rings. This was also the end of the 90s Cowboys as this started a losing streak that lasted until the end of the season, and they were never the same again.

4. 2007 Packers vs Seahawks Divisional Game - 14 point comeback that looked like a bigger disaster than any he'd ever disasted lol! It wasn't just 0-14, it was 0-14 in 3 plays, of which 2 were Packer offensive plays, and the whole team just looked uninspired. Favre took over and won in a 42-20 route.

5. 1999 Packers vs Cardinals WE NEED MORE POINTS game - This was the bizarre turn of events that led to the Packers needing to win by a bigger amount of points than the Panthers and Giants. The Panthers game was happening at the same time and the Packers went from running out the clock to trying to score as fast as possible in unison with the Panthers. Really crazy stuff. The Giants lost to the Cowboys, making the Cowboys responsible for costing him perhaps ANOTHER ring lol!

6. 1999 Packers vs Vikings - Favre's best play ever happened in this comeback. Rolling left, doubling back, running left again, and hitting Freeman who was running right on a deep throw. Nobody else in the world could make that throw!

7. 1999 Packers vs Buccs - Brutal game where Favre and Sapp got into a fight and became friends after the game lol! 

8. 1994 Packers vs Bears - Brutal rain game where Favre smashed the Bears with his longest rush of his career and some other fun plays.

9. 2009 Vikings vs Packers MNF - Favre was back for the attack and there was no arguing it after this game.

10. 1996 Packers vs Pats SB - Come on and give the Ole Gunslinger some credit! He beat Bill before the 2 brothers did lol!

I'm sad to say that I don't feel good making a Peyton Manning list :( I didn't get to watch any football from about 2000-2003. The occasional game was obviously my Packers. I just can't believe they skipped so many good games for a bunch of token picks. Wasn't there a 21 point comeback against the Texans when they were the top defense? 5 TDs against Favre on a day he threw 4, 4 TDs and a rushing one against the Bills, the comeback against Marino, and I swear I remember Peyton sticking his head into some linebackers back in the day just like Favre did in an ugly win against the Jets.

And the list just goes on and on like some games we all remember like 4th and 2, the Buccs, the 1 close game vs Eli etc. Everybody should make their own list.