Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we have an advantage over the Texans and Jags?

bradgt04

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/8/2016 at 9:42 PM, sixfive said:

Bortles has been improving every year.  He just needs a reliable target , moreover the Jags defense has some horses to deal with.

You sir do not watch much Jaguars do you?  The Allen Bros. anyone?

Allen Robinson 80 rec. 1400 yds 14 TD

Allen Hurns 64 rec. 1031 yds 10 TD

They also have Julius Thomas who hasn't done much of anything since leaving Peyton's side.  24 TD from you top two WR is more TDs than the Steelers top 3 WRs, more TDs than the Colts top all receivers, more TDs than any top 3 receiving trio in the NFL if I had to guess.  I'd say he has more than reliable targets.

2 hours ago, tikyle said:

You sir do not watch much Jaguars do you?  The Allen Bros. anyone?

Allen Robinson 80 rec. 1400 yds 14 TD

Allen Hurns 64 rec. 1031 yds 10 TD

They also have Julius Thomas who hasn't done much of anything since leaving Peyton's side.  24 TD from you top two WR is more TDs than the Steelers top 3 WRs, more TDs than the Colts top all receivers, more TDs than any top 3 receiving trio in the NFL if I had to guess.  I'd say he has more than reliable targets.

I know what's funny about that is they still went 5-11 and Bortles even threw for 35 TD's

I think it's funny how Jags fans... & those that want to fear the Jags talk about stats & rosters & crap that's not really important, especially on a Colts board. No running game, no defense & you still manage 10 wins a year, usually, & an AFC Championship game appearance.

You of all people should know it's about knowing how to win. Regardless how many fumbles Luck commits, or interceptions he throws, the sucker knows how to win & that's the difference. Everybody on the team knows if you keep it close, Luck's going to make it happen. So your pitiful defense can say, "as unlikely as it is, if we can beat these guys on this one play, Luck will seal the win." Or your offense can say, "If we can get this one yard, Luck will win the game."

Then your second rate pass rush, or offensive linemen can reach down for that extra something & get that stop, or that yard, & Luck does what he does & wins the game.

We (the Texans) don't have that. The Jags don't have that. Not yet at least. 

I think it's going to take 11 wins to own the South. I can see the Colts winning 11 games, even though they're not an 11 win team on paper. I think the Texans can win 11 games, but definitely wouldn't call it a sure thing. I can't help but laugh trying to imagine the Jags winning 11 games.