Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The reasons Osweiller chose Houston

loudnproudcolt

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not to interrupt but I guess I will, no way in hell Peyton wasn't going to be the starter entering the Playoffs. Brock could've thrown for 400 Yards and 4 TD's in the final week but Peyton was playing regardless come Playoffs. The Coaching staff was smart enough to know Brock wasn't winning no SB. He definitely doesn't beat the Pats in a Title Situation.

Brock beat the Pats in the regular season.  Why couldn't he have had just as good/better of a game in the AFCCG than Peyton did?  Are you sure they bench a red-hot young gun who just threw 400 yds and 4 TDs for a "game-manager" Manning?

Brady had nowhere near those numbers, but still kept the older Drew Bledsoe on the bench.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Brock beat the Pats in the regular season.  Why couldn't he have had just as good/better of a game in the AFCCG than Peyton did?  Are you sure they bench a red-hot young gun who just threw 400 yds and 4 TDs for a "game-manager" Manning?

Brady had nowhere near those numbers, but still kept the older Drew Bledsoe on the bench.

Regular Season and Playoffs are 2 different beasts. Brady and BB losing to a QB who had only 7 starts in a Championship Game is highly doubtful. Any Coach knows this. I would've went with Peyton too.

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It's called an olive branch when you don't think you're wrong.  He got benched.

Welcome to ignore. It's sad when a person would rather argue over something that is plain as day. I am done with your argumentative ways.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regular Season and Playoffs are 2 different beasts. Brady and BB losing to a QB who had only 7 starts in a Championship Game is highly doubtful. Any Coach knows this. I would've went with Peyton too.

Whatever the situation, if a QB is on fire, he is not getting benched.  I would go with Peyton too, because I'm a Colts homer.

But Kubiak went with Brock over a healthy Peyton for at least 1 game.  Brock got himself benched, but Kubiak gave him the chance.

On 6/3/2016 at 8:28 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's kind of apples and oranges because of the age disparity, and role reversal.  Typically, you want to see if the younger guy is your future starter.  If Brock proves himself to be "the guy", why bench him?  If Tom Brady proves himself to be "the guy", why bench him for Drew Bledsoe, the proven veteran?  If Tom Brady had fallen on his face and played bad when given the opportunity to start (like Brock), he would have been benched, and Drew Bledsoe might have been the hero in New England.

Everybody in the Broncos organization thought Brock was the QB of the future.  The job was his to take from Manning.  It was his to keep once Manning retired, but he felt wronged, and left for "greener" pastures.

One, you made the blanket comment that once you get on the field, the jon is yours to lose. You should definitely have been much more clear on that. 

Two, I liked Bledsoe but he was never close to what Peyton was. 

Your last paragraph is absolutely correct.  The job was Brocks to take over..  ONCE MANNING RETIRED.  Brock osweiler was NEVER going to become the full time starter with peyton manning on the roster. 

On 6/3/2016 at 10:17 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Then why didn't Peyton start against the Chargers if he was the starter and he was healthy?

Um could it possibly be that, though peyton was technically healthy enough to start he was still not quite 100% so they'd rather keep Brock in until peyton was back to 100% with plans to only put peyton in the game if Brock stunk up the joint? That's a fairly common practice among nfl teams.