Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts draft C Austin Blythe

CR91

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Blythe is a lot quicker and smoother than Shipley.  The game I watched was Blythe was playing RG most of the game and he was doing really well until late in the 3rd quarter and then he had three plays where he just got completely whipped and got his QB killed.  But the game was also from the 2014 season not the 2015.  Also in the 4th qtr they moved him from RG to LG.  That's tough to do on a week by week basis, let alone in the middle of the game.

If Holmes shows he can stay healthy in training camp, I still see them keeping Blythe because of his versatility to play any of the interior spots.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think one of or both Holmes and Harrison will receive walking papers.  Hopefully at a minimum it's Harrison.

I think one going is for certain.  Even without Austin Blythe we would have 3 centers with Ryan Kelly which is totally unnecessary.  

On top of that if Blythe proves he can play at least to their level, he renders them unnecessary because he can back up both Center and Guard while they both seem to be center only guys.  

With drafting the 4 OL in this draft, there are several OL who started games last year that are now likely on the roster bubble.  

Holmes and Harrison def. arn't safe.  Thornton isn't safe and I'm not even sure Reitz is safe, although he's probably far safer then the others.  (I'd still say he has a 85% chance of making the team, but not a 100% chance.)

Only OL who are completely safe at this point are Castanzo and Mewhort.  

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think one going is for certain.  Even without Austin Blythe we would have 3 centers with Ryan Kelly which is totally unnecessary.  

On top of that if Blythe proves he can play at least to their level, he renders them unnecessary because he can back up both Center and Guard while they both seem to be center only guys.  

With drafting the 4 OL in this draft, there are several OL who started games last year that are now likely on the roster bubble.  

Holmes and Harrison def. arn't safe.  Thornton isn't safe and I'm not even sure Reitz is safe, although he's probably safer then the others.  

Only OL who are completely safe at this point are Castanzo and Mewhort.  

Reitz is safe, he's too valuable being able to play 4 positions.

21 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

By stronger you mean physically weaker right? Kind of his Main issue!
 And he has little potential to play guard, so how do you dress him on game day?
  Now i am not saying he can`t start with an injury to Kelly.
  It isn`t like you need to draft a center early if you have good guards.

I should have said he is more experience in a proven system. I do think he has more an nfl ready body as far as a center goes over the two tackles who have a lot of strength issues. I think he could start a center and we maybe move Kelly to guard...both have a TON of experience and we bring the other two along more slowly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now