Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock with a trade down

We trade the 18th overall pick, plus 2017 4th to Denver for their 1st rounder (31 overall), 2nd rounder, and 4th rounder. My reasoning is simple. We need the most early round picks as we can get, and Denver needs a QB. I think its very possible they look into trading up for Lynch. Plus we could still most likely get Spence or Billings at 31. So win-win baby!!!!!!

1 Noah Spence EDGE

2 Christian Westerman Guard

2 Austin Johnson NT

3 Kenneth Dixon RB

4 Scooby Wright ILB

4 Evan Boehm Center

5 Matt Judon EDGE

7 Tyler Higbee TE

This would fix our pass rush as Spence is capable of starting and playing at a high level right away. It would fix our offensive line as Westerman is just a stud. If Thornton is a different guy then Westerman can be our starting Center. I think he can be an elite Guard or Center either one. It would give us a big nasty NT who should also come in and beat out Parry and Kerr and start day 1. Kenneth Dixon paired with Frank Gore would give us a killer run game behind a revamped O-Line. Scooby Wright is just a football player. I think he could also step right in and start next to DQ. Love this kid. Judon is a raw EDGE rusher with tons of upside. He could develop into a nice 3rd down pass rusher or maybe more. Then with our 7th rounder, Higbee. He'd be the BPA by far. He's a 2-4th round talent who will fall because of his off the field issues from a couple weeks ago, but this kid could end up being a very, very good TE.  Thoughts???

I like your draft. One thing I would disagree with is waiting too long for the Center. Switch out a better Center than Boehm with the third round pick and wait until later to get the RB and you've got a very solid draft here. 

Of course, the only way Denver does this is if there is a QB they badly want. Not sure the Colts would even have to give up their 4th in '17  to get that haul, given the ridiculous prices that were paid for the 1 and 2 picks. 

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I like your draft. One thing I would disagree with is waiting too long for the Center. Switch out a better Center than Boehm with the third round pick and wait until later to get the RB and you've got a very solid draft here. 

Of course, the only way Denver does this is if there is a QB they badly want. Not sure the Colts would even have to give up their 4th in '17  to get that haul, given the ridiculous prices that were paid for the 1 and 2 picks. 

I think Boehm can be a really good starting Center personally. And I feel Denver may end up desperate for a QB with their options running out.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I think Boehm can be a really good starting Center personally. And I feel Denver may end up desperate for a QB with their options running out.

Boehm is an edgier player. He has some good and bad about him. Not a great athlete but tough as nails. I just think if you're going to swing for the fences through the draft for your starting center, you need to be as certain as you can about their ability to be in the starting gate as soon as possible. The higher the pick the larger the pool of options. 

I do agree that if they don't land Kap, the Broncos will be in trade up mode. That deal may not happen, though, until draft day. 

i love the trade it would be great to get the extra picks. I'm not as high on Spence as the board. I like Calhoun in the 2nd as a great value. I do like all the players. I would not spend a day 2 pick on a RB but that's me. I would look at Davis from Maryland in the 3rd. 

Scooby I can't live with. I know the stats and the instincts but at some point you have to be able to move. He can't change direction watching him try is painful. He has no coverage skills none. I watched him get eaten up by the better skill players at Az in space. Whoever takes him gets a slow ILB who struggles in space and can't cover please not us.

We could grab a S there. I think we draft a S with just 6 picks. It's a under valued group IMO. There are some good players  We have worked out a handful and Adams is old. If wee add 2 extra picks I think we come across one for sure.