Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Hoyer released

oldunclemark

I'd imagine he's thinking that he can land another starting gig somewhere, or at the least go to a team he can compete for the job. Probably looking for the $5-$7 Million per year sort of range? 

It will be interesting to see where both him and Fitzgerald end up and for how much.

Like I said previously now that the Brady case came down I would imagine he would be high up on their list of suitors. They have to have a back up to jimmy for those 4 games and who knows maybe they would trust Brian more. At this point it may be his only option unless someone goes down. Definitely not a starting job out there.

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

He's underrated imo (I said underrated not GOAT). He had 1 disastrous playoff game in Houston and the disastrous 4 game stretch in Cleveland. Besides that he's been great, and besides it was Houston and Cleveland. 

So let me get this straight....except for all those games he has sucked in...he has been great! lol....I'm just kidding....he is a limited qb...he isn't going to right your franchise but he is more than a serviceable backup for sure.

I have to think Hoyer will be courted by many teams as a backup or starter. 

Not bad stats at all when you factor in that he has been on 4 different teams, attempted under 1000 passes, completed 58.1% and has more TD's than INT's.  Not saying he's great, but he could be a good starter for some teams.   Denver would be a good spot.