Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN looks at Luck's Contract and the Opportunity Lost....

NewColtsFan

On 3/31/2016 at 7:42 PM, NewColtsFan said:

But I don't think it's a thing about not wanting to develop young talent.     I don't think that's the issue at all.....

Considering how comfortable they were starting Parry and Anderson last year, along with other young players along the way, I don't understand why people think the Colts have an aversion to developing young players.

I guess it's like people saying Grigson doesn't like rookie offensive linemen, yet blaming him for Harrison starting. 

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

Considering how comfortable they were starting Parry and Anderson last year, along with other young players along the way, I don't understand why people think the Colts have an aversion to developing young players.

I guess it's like people saying Grigson doesn't like rookie offensive linemen, yet blaming him for Harrison starting. 

I don't think its necessarily think the Colts have an aversion to developing young talent but there has been a  bit of if they don't produce big right away then to the back of the line they go(In a couple instances) and eventually (in some cases) off the team before there rookie deal was even up, I just think since about 2013 or so the Colts have been trying to force this win now approach (With some success obviously) at the expense of developing some talent

On 3/28/2016 at 3:10 PM, loudnproudcolt said:

My point exactly, even if I did not make it clearly. They had a base to build on, all they needed was Wilson to make it go basically. We had to build in the three years, and we rushed a bit on FA and lost.

We gambled and lost pure and simple. But it wasn't a very Good gamble either bringing in aging players the over the hill gang so to speak.