Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defjamz Semi-Final Mock

I'll do one more right before the draft and that's it. I have multiple Mock's stored on my phone though.

1. Leonard Floyd, OLB Georgia 

2. Chris Jones, DT Mississippi

3. Jordan Jenkins, OLB Georgia 

4. DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS W&M

5. Austin Blythe, OC

7. OG

It makes a lot of sense to bring in Floyd and Jenkins together. They can be a force together at the next level. I think if you pair Jones with Anderson the D-Line will be overwhelming. You'll get pressure every snap. Carson is a Adams clone IMO. Blythe could be the starting center in a completely new offense.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'll do one more right before the draft and that's it. I have multiple Mock's stored on my phone though.

5. Austin Blythe, OC

7. OG

It makes a lot of sense to bring in Floyd and Jenkins together. They can be a force together at the next level. I think if you pair Jones with Anderson the D-Line will be overwhelming. You'll get pressure every snap. Carson is a Adams clone IMO. Blythe could be the starting center in a completely new offense.

This draft Could be a major step towards building a formidable front 7 which is a Must!
  And a Realistic draft to boot. Send it in. :thmup:

I think the chances of this being your "semi-final" mock border right on zero,  if not less.

Don't make a promise you can't keep --- and don't even want to keep.

If you can keep it to one mock a week I'd be seriously impressed................

Otherwise..........       

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the chances of this being your "semi-final" mock border right on zero,  if not less.

Don't make a promise you can't keep --- and don't even want to keep.

If you can keep it to one mock a week I'd be seriously impressed................

Otherwise..........       

We'll see haha. I'm pretty adamant on that. I feel like last year where I had it narrowed down to guys who will probably get drafted by the Colts. I had a bunch of Mock's that had Geathers, Anderson, and Robinson in it. 

Like I said, I have a bunch of Mock's with different scenarios on my phone, but it's more or less different combinations of the same guys, so I don't feel like they're worth posting and clogging up the board.

On 3/26/2016 at 8:05 AM, Defjamz26 said:

5. Austin Blythe, OC

7. OG

You know another DL I'm really starting to like is Bullard out of Florida. I've been watch alot of him here lately and he is almost a constant disruption and he constantly penatrates. He had 18.5 tckls for loss this year as a DL against big powerful SEC offensive lines. He had 6.5 sacks. He's a little small at about 285 but I'm not too worried about that with how he plays and the fact that by the time he hits an NFL weight program I'm willing to bet hell get up to 295 or so at least. But this is a guy that could get us pass rush from basically anywhere up front and cause havoc. And he's also stout against the run. I know he's not a new name around here but I just started watching him and he's climbing my list. 

But there is alot of DL I'd be happy,with us taking this year. Billings, Jones, Bullard, Reed, Clark, Johnson, Butler and others. I just really hope we take advantage of this DL class and get at least one to help stouten our front and give a little more depth.

2 hours ago, weslo1812 said:

You know another DL I'm really starting to like is Bullard out of Florida. I've been watch alot of him here lately and he is almost a constant disruption and he constantly penatrates. He had 18.5 tckls for loss this year as a DL against big powerful SEC offensive lines. He had 6.5 sacks. He's a little small at about 285 but I'm not too worried about that with how he plays and the fact that by the time he hits an NFL weight program I'm willing to bet hell get up to 295 or so at least. But this is a guy that could get us pass rush from basically anywhere up front and cause havoc. And he's also stout against the run. I know he's not a new name around here but I just started watching him and he's climbing my list. 

But there is alot of DL I'd be happy,with us taking this year. Billings, Jones, Bullard, Reed, Clark, Johnson, Butler and others. I just really hope we take advantage of this DL class and get at least one to help stouten our front and give a little more depth.

Bullard is a tweener. Doesn't have the weight to play as a 3-4 DE, but isn't necessarily a 4-3 DE either. The question is where do you play him? 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Bullard is a tweener. Doesn't have the weight to play as a 3-4 DE, but isn't necessarily a 4-3 DE either. The question is where do you play him? 

Hahah tweener??? I hope you're saying that just because of his weight. Because if you think Jones is disruptive.... Bullard quite frankly makes Jones look rather not disruptive!!! And nothing about 18.5 tckls for loss and 6.5 sacks says tweener. His ability and his play indicate everything opposite of tweener. Also weight does not mean everything either, people get too caught up in size. If a player at said position isn't at least this size than he can't play this position or he won't be good. And that is sooo far from true. Look at Parry....what did alot of folks say about him last year playing NT? Yet he ended up doing a decent job. He wasn't fantastic by any means. But solid for the most part. And look at Watt he's only what about 295...297? You gonna call him a tweener? ALOT more goes into being an effective DE than just having the right weight. And as I said it's perfectly reasonable to say he'll gain about 10 pounds of bulk once he hits an NFL weight program which would put him at 295 or so. 

And I see him as a guy who plays more 3 tech playing one gap and let him penatrate up the middle. But he can also do DE too. Bullard is a guy that can split double teams and he can get off blocks too. Plus he gets off the ball well and has a quick first step. He shows a bull rush at times when he's 1on1. And that's against linemen who outweigh him by probably 20-30 lbs at least. Watch his game against Tennessee from 2015.

On March 28, 2016 at 3:45 AM, weslo1812 said:

Hahah tweener??? I hope you're saying that just because of his weight. Because if you think Jones is disruptive.... Bullard quite frankly makes Jones look rather not disruptive!!! And nothing about 18.5 tckls for loss and 6.5 sacks says tweener. His ability and his play indicate everything opposite of tweener. Also weight does not mean everything either, people get too caught up in size. If a player at said position isn't at least this size than he can't play this position or he won't be good. And that is sooo far from true. Look at Parry....what did alot of folks say about him last year playing NT? Yet he ended up doing a decent job. He wasn't fantastic by any means. But solid for the most part. And look at Watt he's only what about 295...297? You gonna call him a tweener? ALOT more goes into being an effective DE than just having the right weight. And as I said it's perfectly reasonable to say he'll gain about 10 pounds of bulk once he hits an NFL weight program which would put him at 295 or so. 

And I see him as a guy who plays more 3 tech playing one gap and let him penatrate up the middle. But he can also do DE too. Bullard is a guy that can split double teams and he can get off blocks too. Plus he gets off the ball well and has a quick first step. He shows a bull rush at times when he's 1on1. And that's against linemen who outweigh him by probably 20-30 lbs at least. Watch his game against Tennessee from 2015.

Bullard is good. Just not sure I like him as much as Butler or Washington. They're easier to project to our scheme.

A really nice mock. Except for taking Blythe in round 5. He's a hope and a prayer, just like the current crop of centers the Colts have employed.  Center has to be a more prominent choice in this draft. Take out Floyd and replace him with Kelly and you've got a heckuva haul. Replace Blythe with an ILB or CB. 

On 3/28/2016 at 3:45 AM, weslo1812 said:

Yet pro scouts do say he is a 'tweener'-

"Is he too light for a 4-3 Tackle and too short for a 3-4 DE?"  was on a Bill Roos scouting report. "But versatile, Rob Ninkovich style. "

I can see him at 3 technique in Nickel (around 60% of NFL plays now)  with a rush sub package or 5 technique DE though.  Not all tweeners are positionless, depending upon skill set. 

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yet pro scouts do say he is a 'tweener'-

"Is he too light for a 4-3 Tackle and too short for a 3-4 DE?"  was on a Bill Roos scouting report. "But versatile, Rob Ninkovich style. "

I can see him at 3 technique in Nickel (around 60% of NFL plays now)  with a rush sub package or 5 technique DE though.  Not all tweeners are positionless, depending upon skill set. 

Thats kind of what I thought too. Not an edge rusher obviously so you look to put him inside. But, he doesn't easily project to a 4-3 or a 3-4.

Kind of reminds me of the conversation people had about Datone Jones when he came out.