Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What about this Mock???

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You may indeed be right on this....    but the old secret of drafting a quality back-up RB from a big time program like Georgia (or any other powerhouse program)  is now an well accepted idea that has been done a number of times.      

A few years back Houston took LSU back-up Alfred Blue to back-up Arian Foster.     The Texans drafted Blue in the 6th round.     His senior year,  Blue had a grand total of.....   ZERO carries!     They had a really, REALLY good scout working the LSU program!

Yeah, but I'm referring to Marshall's inability to stay on the field. That's why I think he'll be a late rounder-undrafted. The kid has a ton of potential, though. I guess you could call him a wildcard. I guess it just depends on how much a team believes he can stay healthy.

Kiper said yesterday on his Dari and Mel show that this is THE BEST DL group he's ever scouted.  The Olinemen and the CBs are good in this draft too.  I think we should concentrate on these groups and not reach for a pass rusher this year.  Grigson already said they're not that impressive of a group.  There is always next year and we are basically "rebuilding or getting younger" on defense.  

49 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Kiper said yesterday on his Dari and Mel show that this is THE BEST DL group he's ever scouted.  The Olinemen and the CBs are good in this draft too.  I think we should concentrate on these groups and not reach for a pass rusher this year.  Grigson already said they're not that impressive of a group.  There is always next year and we are basically "rebuilding or getting younger" on defense.  

Yeah this DL class is stacked. I think we'll definitely take advantage of it. We can get a 1st round talent in the 2nd. Or a 2nd round talent in the 3rd, and etc. I hope we either get a NT like Billings or Johnson, or a DT like Butler, Ridgeway, Jones, or Henry. I'd love to get Butler in the 2nd or Johnson in the 3rd. And Ridgeway has the potential to be the best out of the entire class. I really wish we would sign a OL like Wisniewski or Mathis so we wouldn't have to use 2 early picks on the OL and use more on D.

On 3/18/2016 at 3:33 PM, COLTS449 said:

I've been saying EDGE in the 1st since day 1. But there's a guy who could be had in the 2nd that I'm really starting to like. Shilique Calhoun.....And I wanted to do something a little different to see what everybody thought...

1) Andrew Billings NT

2) Shilique Calhoun EDGE

3) Nick Martin Center

4) Christian Westerman Guard

5) Matt Judon EDGE

7) Marquez North WR

Judon is a guy I wouldn't mind having in the lower rounds. Didn't realize he was as big as he is. 275lbs with 4.7 forty and 30 reps of 225lbs ain't bad at all. He'll probably get up to 4.6 hand timed.  Just kind of learning some things about him lately. Wouldn't blame the Colts for this pick rounds 5-7.

On 3/18/2016 at 6:40 PM, NewColtsFan said:

The problem I see with Calhoun is that what I'm reading is he's a 4-3 DE and not an OLB.    Most don't seem to think of him as an OLB.

Also...    it appears you've moved Martin and Westerman down a round each.      I'm not sure either will be there when we pick in those rounds.

On 3/18/2016 at 6:46 PM, COLTS449 said:

I've heard the same thing on Calhoun, and honestly I'm not really sure about it. But I think both Martin and Westerman could fall to the 3rd or so. Martin because he's had injury issues, and some think he's not the same player that he was before the injury. Westerman because he's undersized and probably limited to ZBS's. Plus there's a handful of guys rated ahead of both according to NFL.Com.

On tape he dropped back in coverage occasionally and if I recall, from a 2 point stance at least some of the time.  It's been a couple months since I've watched him on film.  He will certainly be a work in progress in that aspect.  Also, I wish he had more of a power element to his game. As a 3-4 prospect, I see him as 3rd rounder because it will take time for him to develop into a 3-4 OLB and he will be situational until then, if ever.  As a 4-3 DE, I could easily see him going in the 2nd round, so I don't think we'll ever see him put on a Colts uniform anytime soon.