Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017 Cap/FA

I know this is about a year into the future and things change, players get re-signed/retire/etc.

But in 2017, the Colts have 72M in cap space.

A few big names for next year's free agency are listed here: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2017/vv/

So for all of you guys who want Grigson and Co to go blow all of the little cap space they have this year, you'll most likely get it next year

We have 72 Mill cap space TODAY.

We won't by the time the 2016 season starts. 

First,  Andrew Luck will have a monster contract and that will take up a big chunk of cap space.    Perhaps 22 mill or more.

Now, we're at 50....

And we have a ton of players still to sign...    some starters,  lots of 2nd string depth guys...   some free agents this year and next....     some draft picks this year and next....

Your 50 million is going to come down pretty fast.....

Many of us -- including me -- have been wrong on what we would likely have to spend this year.    It's way, Way, WAY too soon to know how much we'll have a year from now.      Take a deep breath and let's see how 2016 plays out.....

17 hours ago, Booker23 said:

I know this is about a year into the future and things change, players get re-signed/retire/etc.

But in 2017, the Colts have 72M in cap space.

A few big names for next year's free agency are listed here: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2017/vv/

So for all of you guys who want Grigson and Co to go blow all of the little cap space they have this year, you'll most likely get it next year

At this point waiting/rolling the $$$ over is a great plan.