Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rankings for desired Interior Offensive Lineman

So, I decided to post the current rankings for 5 interior OL who seem to be popular with the board members....

I have used my three favorite sites....   ESPN (McShay and his team)    NFL.com (Lance Zierlein)  and CBS Sports.

Josh Garnett:    52, 54, 73

Ryan Kelly:       37,  57,  35

Cody Whitehair:   67,  15,  37        (notice the spread?   high 3rd round,  mid-1st round,   high 2nd round.   That's a wide spread) 

Nick Martin:        62,  76,  65         

Christian Westerman:   60,  81,  128     (Another big spread.   Low 2nd,  mid 3rd,  low 4th)

I like this guy, but for some strange reason nobody on here ever talks about him.  I'm sure our coaching staff has a lot of intel on him being that our RB coach comes from Arkansas Razorbacks.  Arkansas played man and zone schemes just like we'll be playing in 2016. I think our running game will have a lot of similar concepts Arkansas ran I bet.

Sebastian Tretola, G, Arkansas 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 314. Arm: 30.5. Hand: 10. 
40 Time: 5.45. 
Projected Round (2016): 2-3. 

3/5/16: Tretola impressed sources - who tipped me off months ago - in 2015, especially in the ground game, opening holes for Alex Collins. Tretola is a power run blocker who was also rather dependable in pass protection, but that latter phase is what he will need to improve the most in the NFL. At the Senior Bowl, Tretola had a solid week and achieved movement at the point of attack. 

Tretola was the Razorbacks' starter at left guard in 2014 and didn't allow a sack all season. He also had only four penalties. In 2011, Tretola was on Nevada's scout team, and the next year, he played in four games for the Wolf Pack. Tretola spent 2013 playing at th
Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016OG.php#UoJGyh0mSHRPO5Xw.99

That's interesting NCF. Weird spreads. I like Whitehair, Garnett, Ifedi, Westerman, and Odhiambo as guards in the 2nd or 3rd. But Westerman can step right in at Center too. Then for Centers I like Martin, Kelly, and Allen in the 2nd/3rd. Then I like Boehm and Glasnow in the 4th or so. We could go a number of ways if we don't address both G and C in free agency. I think we may sign a guard and draft a Center, but who knows. We may draft both. Nick Martin in the 2nd, and Garnett, Ifedi, Westerman, or Odhiambo in the 3rd. We could hit the jackpot with the right picks and end up not having to spend much on the O-Line for the next 4 years or so. Several possibilities.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I like this guy, but for some strange reason nobody on here ever talks about him.  I'm sure our coaching staff has a lot of intel on him being that our RB coach comes from Arkansas Razorbacks.  Arkansas played man and zone schemes just like we'll be playing in 2016. I think our running game will have a lot of similar concepts Arkansas ran I bet.

3/5/16: Tretola impressed sources - who tipped me off months ago - in 2015, especially in the ground game, opening holes for Alex Collins. Tretola is a power run blocker who was also rather dependable in pass protection, but that latter phase is what he will need to improve the most in the NFL. At the Senior Bowl, Tretola had a solid week and achieved movement at the point of attack. 

Tretola was the Razorbacks' starter at left guard in 2014 and didn't allow a sack all season. He also had only four penalties. In 2011, Tretola was on Nevada's scout team, and the next year, he played in four games for the Wolf Pack. Tretola spent 2013 playing at th

That is funny,..first time i saw his name on these boards, but i have similar opinion.  I personally think we could trade down to the late 20's, get  Ryan Kelly and a 3rd round pick.  Then use that pick to snag  Sebastian Tretola .  This would effectively fill 2 needs on O-line with our 1st rd pick.

RYAN KELLY
N

On March 6, 2016 at 6:01 PM, krunk said:

Tretola is one of my favorite G's in the draft. If we don't sign a FA G this is the guy I like. I would take Infedi over him because he can kick out to T in an emergency but he's going to high. I'd take Ichambido if he falls to day 3.  His injurers concern me. 

My my is we sign at least a C in FA and hopefully a G too. Then hit the D hard in the draft. We need help all over on D. Great class for DL and CB. You know we are taking an Edge rusher somewhere. 

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, Seanmac90 said:

I'm pretty set on Martin in the 2nd (unless we get a center in FA). I'd hate to spend a first on a Center, as some mocks have us taking Kelly. 

Man, I think we need to concentrate on the two weak points of the OL (C and RG), and we shouldn't get both in the draft.  Sign a RG or C in FA, and draft the other.  I project someone like Brandon Brooks in FA and drafting Nick Martin in the 2nd.  Would prefer Kelly, but he'll be gone in the 2nd IMO.

48 minutes ago, Archer said:

Man, I think we need to concentrate on the two weak points of the OL (C and RG), and we shouldn't get both in the draft.  Sign a RG or C in FA, and draft the other.  I project someone like Brandon Brooks in FA and drafting Nick Martin in the 2nd.  Would prefer Kelly, but he'll be gone in the 2nd IMO.

I would rather get both in FA. Wiz is better than he gets credit for. He had one negative PPF rating all last year. We could have him for 3-4M per year would be my guess. Then go get Brooks at RG.

The biggest problem is going to be CB. They all want a ton of money. I'd sign a band aid maybe Powers and then draft a CB the first 2 days. Howard in the 3rd looks good. I can't see paying Prince or Heyward 8-10M

I agree with grabbing a guard in FA, but QBs have a special relationship with their centers ala Kelly/Hull, Manning/Saturday, etc....I would prefer whomever the center is to be someone that will stay until Luck's retirement.  Grabbing a FA center who is old would be just more inconsistency and change he has had to put up with...and imo he's had to put up with too much change.

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

The biggest problem is going to be CB. They all want a ton of money. I'd sign a band aid maybe Powers and then draft a CB the first 2 days. Howard in the 3rd looks good. I can't see paying Prince or Heyward 8-10M

We'll have to overpay for a CB one way or another, I suppose, in FA.  We really need two, as all we've got signed for next year is Vontae, Smith, and Butler (who is awful on the boundary).

I think everyone needs to start adjusting what FA's are going to get paid, at least in the first few weeks. A good guard, which I favor like Boone is going to cost what Lupati got last year at least, and I am OK with that.

I am with Archer though, the inside of the line is what we need to target. I want a very good guard out of FA. That way we can draft Kelly, and let him develop with Luck. I think having that center position nailed down is just so important. Without that, the line has no glue to hold it together. Saturday was not the best, but his mental aspect of the game made him perfect for Peyton. I want to emulate the Steelers and get a Pouncey. So draft Kelly and sign Schwartz, Boone, or Allen.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

We'll have to overpay for a CB one way or another, I suppose, in FA.  We really need two, as all we've got signed for next year is Vontae, Smith, and Butler (who is awful on the boundary).

We are going to have problems on the back end if we aren't careful. I'm sure everyone remembers the Jets game. 

I would sign a guy like Powers to a short deal. He shouldn't break the bank and wouldn't kill us either. Then draft a CB the first 2 days. If Sims S Utah goes undrafted I'd be on him. I would take him in the 7th if he's there.

We stole Tevin Mitchel from Washington.It would be nice to start developing some of our young players. I'm interested to see what we can get out of Southward too. He's a freak athelete smart kid too 31 on the wonderlic 4.38 40. He was taken 87 overall in 2014. 

9 hours ago, akcolt said:

I'm interested to see what we can get out of Southward too. He's a freak athelete smart kid too 31 on the wonderlic 4.38 40. He was taken 87 overall in 2014. 

Southward intrigues me too.  Had a somewhat promising rookie season at safety, then Dan Quinn came in and tried to make a Seattle-style CB out of him.  When he didn't cut it at the new position, he was summarily cut.  Back at his old position, he could be a more athletic form of Colt Anderson - ST ace who can step in at the safety position if needed.

9 hours ago, akcolt said:

I would sign a guy like Powers to a short deal. He shouldn't break the bank and wouldn't kill us either. Then draft a CB the first 2 days. If Sims S Utah goes undrafted I'd be on him. I would take him in the 7th if he's there.

This could be what it comes to, especially if Grigson continues to severely overpay players upon re-signing, like he did Allen.

6 hours ago, Archer said:

But I'd rather get one long-term solution in place in the FA market.  We'd overpay, but the alternative is probably going into the season very undermanned at the position.

If we over pay for the right guy I guess. Prince can't stay healthy and Heyward can play outside but he's best spot is in the slot. I would not hand either of those guys 8-10M a year deals. Especially if limits what we do on the OL. 

We met with Burns lets say we draft him and only sign Powers.  That gives us Davis and Powers on the outside and Butler in the slot. We would have Burns and Smith two day 2 draft picks behind them. Then Brown, Mitchel. Glover-Wright battle for the last roster spot.  Mitchel and Glover-Wright are both PS eligible. 

We would be counting on some young guys that's for sure but we will be if we sign a big name anyway.,'