Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Final Day: DBs

Didn't see one created so I thought I'd post one.

I see my boy Sean Davis ran that 4.47!  Can play safety and cornerback. Tough as nails

Vernon Hargreaves only ran a 4.52. I thought he was faster than that.

Also I see Deiondre Hall is a lot slower than expected with a 4.69

Doesn't appear that Mackenzie Alexander participated for whatever the reason.

Eli Apple with the 4.42

Artie Burns from Miami with a Pedestrian 4.95!  Correction I suppose they had a typo up there as they have now corrected his time to 4.47

My early sleeper is Juston Burris. I believe he could be a late round GEM. Had my eye on him for a while, and would very much like to see him in the blue and white. 

It will be interesting how far Rashard Robinson falls due to character issues. Hard to take a kid early, after he sat out 2015 with off the field issues. His talent is undeniable. I think a team will take him on day 2 and have about a 50/50 chance of him messing up again. 

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

@BlueShoe They have Jackson rated that highly?

Yeah. The PFF numbers really pop on some players. Just like Henry Anderson last year. He was a highly ranked PFF player. 

One thing to note is that Grigson seems to draft and sign free agents that PFF ranks highly. I am not saying there is a correlation, but it is starting to seem that way. It might turn out to be a Grigson tell. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

William Jackson putting on a show with those times.

Also anyone know anything about the Houston-Carson kid? His size and 40 time have me intrigued.

Will Jackson is underrated. One of the best corners in the draft imo.

Will Redmond on the other hand, I imagine his stock must've taken a hit... Because Walterfootball has him listed as having measured only 5' 1 3/4" on his site lol

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Hargreaves is too smooth. It's easy for him. He was born to play CB.

From what I've seen, I would move Jackson and Burns are top 5 CBs in this class.

Also Deion and Mayock were talking about Houston-Carson for a few minutes and had great things to say about him. 

Don't forget, there is another group coming. 

Cyrus Jones and Jonathan Jones have also impressed me. 

Don't sleep on Eli Apple either; 6'1", 200, and ran a 4.4. He also looked good in drills. 

The player who has improved his stock the most today (thus far) is William Jackson III. That kid is a baller. 

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Hargreaves is too smooth. It's easy for him. He was born to play CB.

From what I've seen, I would move Jackson and Burns are top 5 CBs in this class.

Also Deion and Mayock were talking about Houston-Carson for a few minutes and had great things to say about him. 

I definitely suggest watching tape on Houston-Carson he is a baller. He has decent ball skills, but he is a very willing run defender. He would be a viable option in the 4th IMO.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah Cyrus Jones was fluid. He'll make a living as a top slot CB in this league. And this is a deep DB class and it's just group 1. The Redskins should be pleased lol.

I would not mind drafting two secondary players in this draft; a corner and a safety. There is enough secondary talent in this draft so I could see it happening. 

7 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

Darian Thompson is a lot slower than I expected.

Yeah that was really disappointing for a FS. I have a feeling he's going to fall on draft day because Zerlein said that he also has some really bad film. He might fall as far as Derron Smith did, and we all thought he was a 2nd-3rd round pick.

Brandon Williams.

Deion Sanders was mocking his pre-forty routine. Williams was doing some kind of balancing act, and giving shot outs to everybody, then a shot out to Jesus. Deion screamed, "JUST RUN!"

Then after Williams ran an unofficial 4.38, Deion said, that's a good routine. LOL

Just goes to show all of us; only the results matter. 

15 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah that was really disappointing for a FS. I have a feeling he's going to fall on draft day because Zerlein said that he also has some really bad film. He might fall as far as Derron Smith did, and we all thought he was a 2nd-3rd round pick.

Believe it or not a lot of analysts have him compared to Derron Smith. All the tape I have seen as been pretty good, but I have only seen two games. Zerlein usually knows his stuff, so I would imagine it is possible he could have bad tape. I believe he is going to slide too after his combine performance. Players like K.J. Dillon and Houston-Carson could push him down the big board.

William Jackson III's combine draws rave reviews

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640121/article/william-jackson-iiis-combine-draws-rave-reviews

Best case, Jackson has moved into first-round consideration.

"Jackson might have pushed himself into the bottom of the first round with his workout today," NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said.

1 minute ago, Bizarro Superman said:

Can anyone tell me how DJ White looks?

He ran 4.49 officially, was solid in the bench press and killed the broad jump. His hips seemed stiff while transitioning in the positional field drills, and he showed slightly above average ball skills. I thought he had a solid combine. I don't think he jumped up draft boards significantly, but he didn't hurt himself either. I believe he is a solid 4th rounder, but he may sneak into the bottom on the 3rd.