Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats to the Texans

RollerColt

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You guys were 15th in the league in rushing. Averaged 3.7 a carry. Hardly stellar but very much so competent.

So Hopkins going over 1400 yards doesn't qualify as a star receiver?

Reading is fundamental. I said one true "star" receiver. Double and triple covered and the QBs still found a way to make him a part of the game and made do with the other receivers. We made the right decision letting Andre go. There have been games this year where the running game was either nonexistent or minimal at best. Everyone left Houston for dead after Foster went out early in the season. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You can beat the Chiefs for sure.  Vikes beat the Chiefs earlier in the year.

True, I think the Vikings match up better against them though. Bridgewater is good of course but the Vikings also have A.D. to keep the Chiefs defense honest. We both have strong defenses so definitely some similarities there too. For what it's worth the Texans lost the first meeting by only seven, so I think we can get it done too. 

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Reading is fundamental. I said one true "star" receiver. Double and triple covered and the QBs still found a way to make him a part of the game and made do with the other receivers. We made the right decision letting Andre go. There have been games this year where the running game was either nonexistent or minimal at best. Everyone left Houston for dead after Foster went out early in the season. 

I apologize. Your phrasing. Wasn't the clearest. 

You still were able to get the ball to other receivers for an additional 2400 yards, so you had other players stepping in.

Passing you were ranked 17th.

And our rushing game was significantly worse. Likely due to the fact that Hasselbeck wast a long ball threat.

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I apologize. Your phrasing. Wasn't the clearest. 

You still were able to get the ball to other receivers for an additional 2400 yards, so you had other players stepping in.

Passing you were ranked 17th.

And our rushing game was significantly worse. Likely due to the fact that Hasselbeck wast a long ball threat.

So you're saying that it's not just the QBs? That the Texans are just the better team? 

3 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Nope. I'm saying that clearly Luck going down impacted the Colts to a greater extent than Hoyer.

We don't have to rely solely on one player to get wins. That isn't the way to attain championships. Also Hasslebeck won a few games in Andy's absence. 

1 minute ago, QwizBoy said:

We don't have to rely solely on one player to get wins. That isn't the way to attain championships. Also Hasslebeck won a few games in Andy's absence. 

Technically you did rely on one player to get your playoff spot. One Andy Luck. I kid.

So now it doesn't matter if a team has injuries? They should have the next man up ready to go?

1 minute ago, bluebombers87 said:

Technically you did rely on one player to get your playoff spot. One Andy Luck. I kid.

So now it doesn't matter if a team has injuries? They should have the next man up ready to go?

Where did I say injuries don't matter? I've always said that football is a team effort.