Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Case For Adam Gase

Restored

There are some things to like about Gase, for sure. He was OC for the Broncos when they basically ran the Colts' offense and Manning had the best year of his career. He somehow managed to help turn Tebow's extremely limited skill set into something that won games for Denver that one year (as a QB coach, I believe).

While those were huge accomplishments in and of themselves, I really think that this year with the Bears was the best for him as an OC. Cutler has been a turnover machine in the past, even with two large bodied wrs, a vacuum cleaner at rb, and a pretty darn good TE. Somehow you subtract Marshall, their 1st round WR, and then they lose Jeffery and Forte for part of the year and Cutler looks like a complete QB for the 1st time in his career. 

Cutler is a coach killer. He doesn't respond to coaching. He makes dumb throws and holds the ball way too long... If Gase isn't responsible for his huge leap this year, I don't know what could be. 

Of course, I'm not throwing my hat in for him just yet, but, in my limited research, he's in my top 5 with H. Jackson, Shanahan, Payton, and Chuck... (Yeah, Chuck is still in my top 5... I don't really want to mentally promote any Pats coaches)  Cower is still in the "dreaming" realm in my mind. 

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 2:00 PM, jet1968 said:

I still dont understand what Adam Gase has done that his name keeps coming up as a head coach prospect. I'm not saying he wouldnt be, because nobody knows that  but why would he be.

Peyton Manning broke virtually every single season passing record in 2013 with Gase as the OC.

Manning said that Gase had a lot to do with it.

Then, Cutler cuts his mistakes (they didn't actually win much ) and becomes more of a player under Gase.

Few had had any success with Jay. Jay says Gase has a lot to do with his improvement.

You either hire a former coach, a DC or an OC..

With Andrew Luck, we want to maximize out greatest strength. Adam Gase does that There;s no doubt about it.

We'll need to fix the defense and our O-line but the potential of Gase and Luck with the recovers and TEs we already have is almost unlimited

6 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

He cheated the fans of Seattle out of the SB last yr with that stupid call.  He is a terrible coach that just happened to land in the right place at the right time

Wow.....

I don't know what it is,  but there's something else going on here that you're so annoyed?

You hate USC?       You're a fan of another Pac-12 school or Notre Dame that USC used to beat?

You hate Seattle?

The Seahawks were a 7-9 team with some talent when Carroll took over.    He's a terrific coach that his put his stamp,  his imprint  on the team and made them one of the top teams in the NFL.

The Colts would be lucky to have him as their coach.   I'd be thrilled.

Still not sure why you hate him and do buy into the fact that he's a very good coach,  but he is.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow.....

I don't know what it is,  but there's something else going on here that you're so annoyed?

You hate USC?       You're a fan of another Pac-12 school or Notre Dame that USC used to beat?

You hate Seattle?

The Seahawks were a 7-9 team with some talent when Carroll took over.    He's a terrific coach that his put his stamp,  his imprint  on the team and made them one of the top teams in the NFL.

The Colts would be lucky to have him as their coach.   I'd be thrilled.

Still not sure why you hate him and do buy into the fact that he's a very good coach,  but he is.

oh stop   if you dont know what he did while at USC then you need to do some research.  He ruined their program and I am not a USC fan, but what he did was wrong.  He is a worse cheater than Belichick....

10 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

oh stop   if you dont know what he did while at USC then you need to do some research.  He ruined their program and I am not a USC fan, but what he did was wrong.  He is a worse cheater than Belichick....

Some typical college shenanigans makes you that upset?  If anything the players should have received more money.

On 12/31/2015 at 2:57 PM, Restored said:

I would too but when you look at it, there's not going to be a lot of options.

The Colts are., without question, THE #1 NFL Coaching opening in decades. We'll get the best candidate looking for a job if Irsay is smart enough to pick him.  Grigson might be a monkey wrench though if reports that he's staying are true.  Everyone in the NFL has read Kravitz and others reporting and due diligence by a coaching prospect would likely uncover even more bad info as Kravitz told Cowherd that his sources said they could literally talk for hours about all the bad stuff surrounding Grigson and what he's done to the team.  He's is essentially despised by most outside of Irsay.  

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

We'll need to fix the defense and our O-line but the potential of Gase and Luck with the recovers and TEs we already have is almost unlimited

Will we have any TE's from this batch next year? It seems Allen is gone and Fleener has been a big disappointment and has been unreliable with key drops.  

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why does it seem Allen is gone and why is Coby Fleener a disappointment

The put him on IR and brought their pet project Swoope up.  He's been hurt a lot and they barely throw to him even though he's a TD machine.  He may well simply leave on his own, but many have suggested the Colts will not offer him market value to stay.  I like him, I wanted us to use him heavily all season, but we didn't.  Fleener has had major drops in key spots costings us in games we lost.  I don't think he's half the TE that Allen is.  

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Fine.    I've got no problem with you hating Carroll for USC.

Just say so.

I asked and  you wouldn't tell.     You ranted on and on and simply wouldn't say.

So I asked again.       And now you're exasperated with me?        Come on......

If you hate him for what happened at USC -- fine.       I just wanted you to say it.

On 12/31/2015 at 3:14 PM, Pagano's Realtor said:

It's always hard to tell whether a great coordinator will be a head coach. For every Bill Belichick there are five Norv Turners or Wade Phillips. Time will tell, I guess. I would expect the Colts to get an offensive minded coach, seeing as how NFL teams usually hire a coach who is a 180 of the man that just got fired.

There's a lot more to being a HC than calling plays. You have to be a leader too--people seem to overlook this minor detail.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:09 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   I'm guessing you're talking about college?

When did Pete Carroll cheat in the pros?

Outside of practice violations he has no major cheating scandal in the NFL