Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Cowboys are still going to make a run, right?

buffalo34

The announcers every game and ESPN keep telling me they're still in it, ready to make a run so spectacular it will be better than anything you ever witness in life. Win the lottery? This Cowboys playoff run will beat that out. I mean, Romo hasn't been shut down for a reason. Once the Cowboys get into the playoffs you might as well just hand them the Lombardi trophy because no one will stop Romo. This will be this generation's Aikman-Smith-Irvin dynasty. And the Cowboys with this super awesome run will reclaim the title "America's Team", and the entire country outside of Texas will cheer them on.

Or the Cowboy-loving media can get a grip and face reality, your favorite team isn't going anywhere...

4 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

The announcers every game and ESPN keep telling me they're still in it, ready to make a run so spectacular it will be better than anything you ever witness in life. Win the lottery? This Cowboys playoff run will beat that out. I mean, Romo hasn't been shut down for a reason. Once the Cowboys get into the playoffs you might as well just hand them the Lombardi trophy because no one will stop Romo. This will be this generation's Aikman-Smith-Irvin dynasty. And the Cowboys with this super awesome run will reclaim the title "America's Team", and the entire country outside of Texas will cheer them on.

Or the Cowboy-loving media can get a grip and face reality, your favorite team isn't going anywhere...

I concur with you completely B34. It boggles my mind how any NFL duo in the broadcast booth can rave with a straight face how wonderful they think Dallas is as a team. Phil Simms even tonight on the NFL Network gushed endlessly about how Dallas was still alive & created this mystique about the Lone Star franchise that isn't earned, well deserved, or appropriate at all. I seriously think Jerry Jones must pay off all the TV, satellite, & cable networks just to kiss his club's caboose. 

It's like a guy with no aviation training being delusional enough to think that he can take off & land a 747 without any casualties or property damage just by flipping a few switches & pulling back on the throttle. Neither Cowboy fans nor the play by play announcers up in the stadium press boxes can ever admit that Dallas just isn't worthy of the universal praise it receives [minus the early 90's]. It's both ridiculous & hilarious at the same time. 

If every broadcaster blew sweet kisses in Cleveland's direction for nearly 2 decades worth of lackluster performances we'd place them all in a mental institution, but they can bask in the glow of the overrated Cowboys & that's considered rational & normal. Why exactly? I'm at a loss on this crazy mindset.  

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I concur with you completely B34. It boggles my mind how any NFL duo in the broadcast booth can rave with a straight face how wonderful they think Dallas is as a team. Phil Simms even tonight on the NFL Network gushed endlessly about how Dallas was still alive & created this mystique about the Lone Star franchise that isn't earned, well deserved, or appropriate at all. I seriously think Jerry Jones must pay off all the TV, satellite, & cable networks just to kiss his club's caboose. 

It's like a guy with no aviation training being delusional enough to think that he can take off & land a 747 without any casualties or property damage just by flipping a few switches & pulling back on the throttle. Neither Cowboy fans nor the play by play announcers up in the stadium press boxes can ever admit that Dallas just isn't worthy of the universal praise it receives [minus the early 90's]. It's both ridiculous & hilarious at the same time. 

If every broadcaster blew sweet kisses in Cleveland's direction for nearly 2 decades worth of lackluster performances we'd place them all in a mental institution, but they can bask in the glow of the overrated Cowboys & that's considered rational & normal. Why exactly? I'm at a loss on this crazy mindset.  

I talk to Dallas fans occasionally and I have yet to meet one this year that is enthusiastic about them making the playoffs. Every Cowboys fan I know, and have chatted with, feels about the same way as I do when people say the Saints can make the playoffs at 8-8. They know, as I do; our teams will get destroyed in the playoffs. 

On the other side, I think it's cute that Dallas was still alive, cause it would be the funniest thing of the year for a 6-10 team to make the playoffs. Now I have to get my hopes up that a 7-9 Washington or Philly team wins the NFC East. Anyone but the Giants, I am sick to death of that overrated trash and all the hype they receive every year, just to fail winning 10 games. 

26 minutes ago, Bogie said:

I talk to Dallas fans occasionally and I have yet to meet one this year that is enthusiastic about them making the playoffs. Every Cowboys fan I know, and have chatted with, feels about the same way as I do when people say the Saints can make the playoffs at 8-8. They know, as I do; our teams will get destroyed in the playoffs. 

On the other side, I think it's cute that Dallas was still alive, cause it would be the funniest thing of the year for a 6-10 team to make the playoffs. Now I have to get my hopes up that a 7-9 Washington or Philly team wins the NFC East. Anyone but the Giants, I am sick to death of that overrated trash and all the hype they receive every year, just to fail winning 10 games. 

We obviously disagree on the NY Giants Bogie whom I watch & root for every year in the NFC East. I will admit that Big Blue's calling card: A relentless pass rush is lacking this year & JPP can only do some much with his oven mitt on. Now, if you just want somebody else to win the division this year as a change of pace, I can understand that I suppose...Except that I can't stand Daniel Snyder & Chip Kelly wears out his defense with a high tempo offense that is up & down like a darn see saw all year long...So let's review: The Cowboys need to always crash & burn record wise just to make me happy, Daniel Snyder is Jerry Jones 2.0, The Eagles fan base is thru with Chip Kelly for trading off all their best playmakers, so therefore Big Blue is the only team I wanna see on top in that division. JMO. 

The other thing that makes me chuckle about Cowboys fans is that they finally make the playoffs after a prolonged drought of irrelevancy with Murray at RB & they walk around like their franchise just won the Lombardi trophy last season. 

I'm not sold on Jay Gruen or Cousins as QB in DC either. They're like a yo yo man. Up 1 week & down the next & WR Pierre Garcon just like when he was in INDY has a knack for making circus catches & dropping easy completions in big games. 

Okay, I may hate the Cowboys yes, but I also know that Dez Byrant, Jason Whitten, Beasley, & Greg Hardy are talented athletes. Also, if Tony Romo didn't fracture his clavicle twice, his team would probably make the post season. I know that.

Win the SB? Oh Hades no...but make the playoffs yes...SW1 has venom for the Cowboys, but I am logical & I can compartmentalize my animosity for that team when they actually show up during games. Rare I know but occasionally possible. 

I'm gonna be honest with both Bogie & Shane too. As much as I love me some Giants football & would love to see INDY interview him once Pagano is released, I'd be nervous about the quality of Couglin's replacement in NY because I just admire the grittiness of Big Blue. Translation: They usually run the ball well, hit the QB often, & when Eli gets hot he's unstoppable like that Citizen watch commercial he's in on TV. 

But along with the good Eli; sometimes the oh no Eli shows up like come on man. Why'd you throw that pass Eli? I still like you Easy E, but you're kinda ticking me off right now. :rant:By next week, I'll forgive you...I think...Yes, I will. 

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

According to NFL.com, the Cowboys are "officially eliminated from playoff contention."

You know I read that phrase & yet I still know some announcer will still say "With Dez in the lineup & the matchup nightmare he typically is for DBs, is Dallas truly done?" 

You watch some caboose hole up in the press box will say this next week. Mark my words...It reminds me of a Monty Python film called "The Meaning Of Life" where a patient is hooked up to a machine that goes "ping" or beeps to show hospital administrators that this treatment facility bought the most expensive machine possible for a patient's welfare to keep them alive. There's only 1 problem: The overpriced toy doesn't work & it still 'pings' whether the patient lives or dies. 

That's how I feel about the Cowboys: NFL analysts & broadcasters give Dallas their 'ping' seal of playoff approval even after the league has declared them legally dead on the table. Ping...See what I mean? I give up...

When I watch Dallas, I see a team with a fantastic defense, a tremendous offensive line and getting a good year out of McFadden on top. It is a shame that they lost Romo for pretty much this entire season. Even though I am not a Cowboys fan, I really like Romo. They would have easily won the East and have been contending for a bye had he been healthy all year. It is one of the things that is so maddening as a fan of this sport - injuries.

13 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Literally no one is or has said any of those things.    The only thing that has been said is they weren't mathematically eliminated yet

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

SYou know I read that phrase & yet I still know some announcer will still say "With Dez in the lineup & the matchup nightmare he typically is for DBs, is Dallas truly done?" 

You watch some caboose hole up in the press box will say this next week. Mark my words...It reminds me of a Monty Python film called "The Meaning Of Life" where a patient is hooked up to a machine that goes "ping" or beeps to show hospital administrators that this treatment facility bought the most expensive machine possible for a patient's welfare to keep them alive. There's only 1 problem: The overpriced toy doesn't work & it still 'pings' whether the patient lives or dies. 

That's how I feel about the Cowboys: NFL analysts & broadcasters give Dallas their 'ping' seal of playoff approval even after the league has declared them legally dead on the table. Ping...See what I mean? I give up...

So you're comparing the Cowboys to Monty Python? That sounds about right. Seriously. I liked "The Meaning of Life." Monty Python was always one of my favorite shows.

As long as Dez plays, there's a chance, right? Probably if you live in a fantasy world with unicorns and rainbows and such.

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

We obviously disagree on the NY Giants Bogie whom I watch & root for every year in the NFC East. I will admit that Big Blue's calling card: A relentless pass rush is lacking this year & JPP can only do some much with his oven mitt on. Now, if you just want somebody else to win the division this year as a change of pace, I can understand that I suppose...Except that I can't stand Daniel Snyder & Chip Kelly wears out his defense with a high tempo offense that is up & down like a darn see saw all year long...So let's review: The Cowboys need to always crash & burn record wise just to make me happy, Daniel Snyder is Jerry Jones 2.0, The Eagles fan base is thru with Chip Kelly for trading off all their best playmakers, so therefore Big Blue is the only team I wanna see on top in that division. JMO. 

The other thing that makes me chuckle about Cowboys fans is that they finally make the playoffs after a prolonged drought of irrelevancy with Murray at RB & they walk around like their franchise just won the Lombardi trophy last season. 

I'm not sold on Jay Gruen or Cousins as QB in DC either. They're like a yo yo man. Up 1 week & down the next & WR Pierre Garcon just like when he was in INDY has a knack for making circus catches & dropping easy completions in big games. 

I hate the Giants, and always will. I will always know, in 2011, if the Saints survived just 1 more minute vs SF, we would have slaughtered that pathetic 9-7 team and made a real SB against the Patriots. That should have been our second ring, and not Eli's, who is lucky to even have the first one (Assante Samuel dropping the game winning interception, and they got lucky vs Green Bay, since Mike McCarthy was outcoached badly in that game). 

I root for Romo since I find him to be an efficient quarterback and he gets so much hate, despite playing through injuries, and really carrying a mediocre team for years. if Dallas had a better owner, they would be a dominant powerhouse team that people fear. Romo and Luck are the closest quarterbacks I'll ever have to seeing another Brett Favre, like I grew up watching; and I'd give anything for them both to win rings. 

Dallas don't bother me for some reason. They did in the 90's, but the annoyance was really that they were a dominating team. New England reminds me of them these days. I still respected the 90's Cowboys and always will, and I hate the Patriots like I do the Broncos but I can't ignore they have accomplished a lot.