Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post Week 11 Colts Draft

-Indy trades 1st and 2017 2nd to move up to pick 11.

Round 1 Pick 11 (MIA): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Kevon Seymour, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 19: Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (B)
Round 7 Pick 20: Antwaun Woods, DT, Southern California (A-)

I think Jaylon Smith is worth the trade up. He would be our most athletic defender and could cover TEs as well as roam sideline to sideline. Jenkins gives the Colts a quality pass rusher to replace Mathis. Werner needs to be cut and the only other OLB that is worth anything is Erik Walden. Voltz is a tough hardworking C/OG and could start at RG right away. Seymour offers depth at CB and has size at 6-0, 190 pounds. Haeg is a good value at OT and I think he could compete for the starting RT spot sooner rather than later. Woods is also a good value late and could share time with David Parry at NT.

I'd love to get Jaylon that would be my dream pick. I would like to see the draft focus on the D.

I would like to see us fix the OLine in free agency. I am usually more about building through the draft, I think in this case we need a fix now.

If Harrison doesn't magically turn into a C. I would sign Wiesnewski (26) away from the Jag's. A signing that should have happened last year. IMO

I would go get Mitchell Schwartz (26) to play RT. Both are young guys. Schwartz will cost but lets just fix this thing.

-Indy trades 1st and 2017 2nd to move up to pick 11.

Round 1 Pick 11 (MIA): Jaylon Smith, OLB/ILB, Notre Dame (A+)

Round 2 Pick 20: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A)

Round 3 Pick 20: Dan Voltz, C, Wisconsin (A+)

Round 4 Pick 20: Kevon Seymour, CB, Southern California (A)

Round 5 Pick 19: Joe Haeg, OT, North Dakota State (B)

Round 7 Pick 20: Antwaun Woods, DT, Southern California (A-)

I think Jaylon Smith is worth the trade up. He would be our most athletic defender and could cover TEs as well as roam sideline to sideline. Jenkins gives the Colts a quality pass rusher to replace Mathis. Werner needs to be cut and the only other OLB that is worth anything is Erik Walden. Voltz is a tough hardworking C/OG and could start at RG right away. Seymour offers depth at CB and has size at 6-0, 190 pounds. Haeg is a good value at OT and I think he could compete for the starting RT spot sooner rather than later. Woods is also a good value late and could share time with David Parry at NT.

Just out of curiosity,  what are you trading to move up from our likely spot which looks like 21-23?

How are you getting from there all the way up to 11?

What are you offering?

I wouldn't do that.,,those 3rd round picks are like gold for the Colts. If they don't take a 1 and 2 I wouldn't want to make the trade up.

I think that's the price range, also. If you have a guy that you think is going to start right away and improve your defense, then I'm fine with that trade. Better scout the crap out of him, though.

I did this one this morning:

Round 1 Pick 23: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 23: Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee (A-)
Round 5 Pick 22: Chris Jones, DT/DE, Mississippi State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 23: Trae Elston, SS, Ole Miss (B-)

I only intended to get one OLB, thinking long and hard about Spence in Round 2.  I decided to take the much safer Jenkins, and then lo and behold Spence was still there in the 3rd (so I did the Fleener/Allen and doubled up).  Otherwise, I was set to go for Gunnar Kiel to become the 3rd string QB.  Then, I really wanted a Safety in the 4th or 5th, but couldn't find anyone good, so I snagge my QB and Jones.  I wouldn't have drawn up a DL that early, but I'm a little nervous about Henry Anderson's injury and I love Jones.