Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft Wish List

Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford 1st pick

Height: 6-4. Weight: 235.

Projected 40 Time: 4.77.

Projected Round (2012): First Overall Pick.

future awaits ...we have been spoiled with all the winning we wanna make sure we never lose again this why this is a smart moves.

Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia 2nd pick

Height: 6-0. Weight: 185.

Projected 40 Time: 4.46.

Projected Round (2012): 1.

if we so happen to shut the run down some how...teams will figure out how bad are secondary is .. in my eyes he`s 1 of the best corners in this draft..

Dontari Poe*, DT/NT, Memphis 3rd pick

Height: 6-5. Weight: 350.

Projected 40 Time: 5.50.

Projected Round (2012): 2-3.

this is what the doctor ordered a big strong man in the middle who eats up blockers which help freeney and maybe mathis if hes back next year..i doubt he`ll be here though if he does what i think hes going to do in the combine u can forget it 1st rounder might do 50 reps of 225....if hes not there we take the best dt or a wr..

Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State 4th pick

Height: 5-10. Weight: 195.

Projected 40 Time: 4.48.

Projected Round (2012): 3-4.

he shut down sanu and blackmon, mcnutt....hes going to be a good 1 ..

Tavon Wilson, SS, Illinois 5th pick

Height: 6-0. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.51.

Projected Round (2012): 4-5.

this kid can tackle ..and plays the feild very well

Larry Warford*, G, Kentucky 5th pick jags comp session

Height: 6-3. Weight: 340.

Projected 40 Time: 5.31.

his team stunk but he open up massive holes for his rb and also was a good pass blocker..

Olivier Vernon*, DE, Miami 6th pick

Height: 6-4. Weight: 265.

Projected 40 Time: 4.71.

if mathis is gone he`ll fill in or we can use him as a roll player he can rotate with freeney mathis and hughs also he could play some LB..

Jeff Demps, RB/KR, Florida 7th pick

Height: 5-8. Weight: 190.

Projected 40 Time: 4.25.

Projected Round (2012): 7-FA.

this kid can fly we need help on special teams he fits the bill we could also use him the back feild like sporles ..

i think caldwell gets the ax ..we set up a new defense of style, tampa 2 is done we learn how to play hard nose football punch u in the mouth defense atleast thats what im hoping for....we also have some free agents mathis wayan garcon gonzo...i would let them all walk..garcon drops alot of balls waynes on his last pay day mathis is a great player but heck want alot of money gonzo has that injury bug ....also clark needs to be trade tamme can do just as good of a job why pay him all that money ....gary brackett needs to be traded why did we give this guy a big contract..i have question what do u think will get for brackett and what u think will get for clark draft picks wise curious?manning is owed 28 mill u pay him his money and let him retire as a colts u dont want weapons to get in the wrong hands imagin the jets with manning can u say multipul chips...also he can be a great mentor for luck when its time for manning to retire we hire him as the qb coach.. addie brown duo has to end 1 of them has to go i would keep brown over addie.. benson and lynch will be freeagents.. so beside luck this is basically a defensive draft there`s going to be alot of guys in freeagents ..this concludes my draft this draft can actually happen 1 more thing before i go i will be at the draft this year last year there were barley any colts fans i hope u guys come out this year go colts baby i love the direction where headed in irsay owner of the year..

According to Bucky Brooks:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824cc87e/article/top-10-dlinemen-versatility-will-boost-coples-ingram

9. Dontari Poe, Memphis, DT (6-3, 330): Poe is one of the strongest players in college football. He is immovable off the point and his ability to occupy multiple blockers without losing ground makes him an ideal "two-gap" player. With the proliferation of the 3-4 drastically increasing the value of nose tackles, Poe is certain to rise up charts around the league.

^ So he seems like a better fit for a 3-4 defense. I'm not convinced he has the speed for a 4-Dline pass rush system, like the Colts use, but the new GM may not want to go speed at DT anyways. Depends how we choose to use him. He could be good against the run, and being able to suck up two blockers could better free up Freeney and Mathis.