Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers are averaging 4.5 inches per punt return this season

RockThatBlue

Isn't funny that every year the Chargers are picked as a wild card team (and used to be chosen for division winners every year before Manning's arrival to Denver) and they still can't get that far?

A.J. Smith has completely ruined that team. They're still suffering from all the moves he made. 

This move wan't AJ's... Tom Telesco brought in Jacoby Jones.  He has been a complete and utter bust.  He's timid.  He hesitates.  He won't field the ball, but just lets it drop.  He's got to be cut and we've got to pick up someone else.  

He was injured the first game or so and we've even had Keenan Allen back there - with the coach's order to fair catch only as he's too valuable to risk on a punt or kick return.

It's been a brutal year.  Mentioning Keenan, he injured a kidney in the Ravens game Sunday where we lost 12 players.  That ALSO is not a type.  12 injuries in one game, 8 of them kept guys completely off the field, the rest bandaged up and limped along.

This move wan't AJ's... Tom Telesco brought in Jacoby Jones. He has been a complete and utter bust. He's timid. He hesitates. He won't field the ball, but just lets it drop. He's got to be cut and we've got to pick up someone else.

He was injured the first game or so and we've even had Keenan Allen back there - with the coach's order to fair catch only as he's too valuable to risk on a punt or kick return.

It's been a brutal year. Mentioning Keenan, he injured a kidney in the Ravens game Sunday where we lost 12 players. That ALSO is not a type. 12 injuries in one game, 8 of them kept guys completely off the field, the rest bandaged up and limped along.

12 injuries in a single game? That's brutal.

Yeah and two starting, top notch players IR'd out of a single game.... Brutal is right.  Jacoby was cut today - what a disappointment.

Yeah both our teams are struggling right now. It sucks. I do like Denver and I know you don't because they are in your Division but just stay positive and maybe you guys can get a WildCard. Lucky for us we are in a bad Division so 8-8 will win it. Texans aren't winning here, never have never will as long as Luck is QB.

Isn't funny that every year the Chargers are picked as a wild card team (and used to be chosen for division winners every year before Manning's arrival to Denver) and they still can't get that far?

A.J. Smith has completely ruined that team. They're still suffering from all the moves he made. 

And they're likely leaving town, too.  I wouldn't want to be a die-hard Chargers fan living in SD right now.  I hate it for them, this whole situation.  

Just finished watching your guys' game last night.  Luck has so much talent and fire - he just needs to not try so hard at times.  And not try to get it all done in one play.  Rivers has struggled with that same mentality of "I have to carry the entire team on my back."  Oh wait!  But he does... and he's having an unbelievable year with no Oline, and a revolving door offense (again).  

I don't live in SD any more, so the move doesn't affect me much except that friends and family are still there. I'm just resigned to what ever happens.