Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Seahawks won't make the playoffs.

RockThatBlue

Tommy has been fortunate to be able to play most of his games against Peyton at home. Same thing is happening against Andrew. I don't think the Pats win in Mile High. Denver's Defense with that crowd will beat the Pats. Usually when Peyton has played Tommy and the Pats at home he wins including 2 AFC Title Games, 1 here and 1 in Denver. We will see but I am taking the Broncos in that one. If Peyton plays a clean game (no turnovers) I can see Denver winning that one by 7-10 points.

Most of those home games have come as a result of the Pats getting HFA over the Colts though.

Brady is 11-5 vs Peyton. He is 8-4 vs him when he was a Colt with a 3-2 record in Indy.

Brady is 3-1 vs him while he has been a Bronco with the 1 loss in Denver in the AFCCG two years ago. 

In terms of the game this year, the Broncos offense will have to improve dramatically for the game to be close IMO. For any team to beat the Pats this year, they will have to put up 28+ points to have a chance. Brady has historically owned Wade Phillips as well even worse than Jack Del Rio and with his explosive offense this year, the Pats will score a lot. I feel like we will know more about the Denver defense starting this week at Oakland and then in two weeks when Aaron Rodgers comes to Denver.

Yeah, Wilson is a hell of a scrambler. I'll give him that.

Wilson is a pure play maker with great accuracy and a strong arm. It is a shame he is not just a few inches taller as if he was he would also be lethal from the pocket. Both the Packers and Pats gave the blue print to containing him in their playoff games last year. You have to keep in the pocket, set the edge so he can't run outside and then spy him with an athletic LB. Seems simple but it is hard to do and a defense has to be disciplined all game. As with all great QBs, he has his weaknesses but tough to exploit them all game.

Most of those home games have come as a result of the Pats getting HFA over the Colts though.

Brady is 11-5 vs Peyton. He is 8-4 vs him when he was a Colt with a 3-2 record in Indy.

Brady is 3-1 vs him while he has been a Bronco with the 1 loss in Denver in the AFCCG two years ago. 

In terms of the game this year, the Broncos offense will have to improve dramatically for the game to be close IMO. For any team to beat the Pats this year, they will have to put up 28+ points to have a chance. Brady has historically owned Wade Phillips as well even worse than Jack Del Rio and with his explosive offense this year, the Pats will score a lot. I feel like we will know more about the Denver defense starting this week at Oakland and then in two weeks when Aaron Rodgers comes to Denver.

Good insight regarding the W-L record, Peyton is 3-3 overall when at home so he is .500. I was thinking he was above .500. I forgot all about the game in 2001 where Brady won here. Still a huge difference between 3-3 and 2-8. Peyton plays much better against the Pats when he's at home. 2 of the games you guys won here in Indy were extremely close. In 2003 it took a goaline stand and in 2007 you guys came back from being down 20-10 to pull it out. Peyton usually only plays bad in NE.

Good insight regarding the W-L record, Peyton is 3-3 overall when at home so he is .500. I was thinking he was above .500. I forgot all about the game in 2001 where Brady won here. Still a huge difference between 3-3 and 2-8. Peyton plays much better against the Pats when he's at home. 2 of the games you guys won here in Indy were extremely close. In 2003 it took a goaline stand and in 2007 you guys came back from being down 20-10 to pull it out. Peyton usually only plays bad in NE.

Yeah. Foxboro is a huge advantage for Pats over Peyton. I am happy the game is in Denver this year as the Pats are going to need to be battle tested to have a strong run at the SB like last year. I think that Denver D will provide a great test.

Yeah. Foxboro is a huge advantage for Pats over Peyton. I am happy the game is in Denver this year as the Pats are going to need to be battle tested to have a strong run at the SB like last year. I think that Denver D will provide a great test.

I honestly think that will be your biggest test, that and playing in NY. I would like to say we would be but not the way we are playing LOL.

I dunno- we heard it here first :) 

That defense is pretty darn fast.

I just see 2 games with SF..a shot at Dallas without Tony Romo, and every winnable games at Pitt and Baltimore.

Splits with Arizona and St. Louis and and a home win over Cleveland and that's 10 wins.

Who else in the NFC will win 10?

I'm sure that the Seahawks will make the playoffs. Their concern is more a matter about whether they will end up as number 2 in their division and will have to do it as a wild card. The chance for having a home advantage - where they are very strong - all the way through can soon turn out to be tricky, so a place in the SB is not a lock at this moment. But I think they will get hot within the next couple of games.

I'm sure that the Seahawks will make the playoffs. Their concern is more a matter about whether they will end up as number 2 in their division and will have to do it as a wild card. The chance for having a home advantage - where they are very strong - all the way through can soon turn out to be tricky, so a place in the SB is not a lock at this moment. But I think they will get hot within the next couple of games.

They match up well with the other teams in their division..and they've only had 2 home games so far

Wilson is a pure play maker with great accuracy and a strong arm. It is a shame he is not just a few inches taller as if he was he would also be lethal from the pocket. Both the Packers and Pats gave the blue print to containing him in their playoff games last year. You have to keep in the pocket, set the edge so he can't run outside and then spy him with an athletic LB. Seems simple but it is hard to do and a defense has to be disciplined all game. As with all great QBs, he has his weaknesses but tough to exploit them all game.

If he was a few inches taller it might hinder his ability to make as many plays with his legs. He's probably awefully difficult to see behind a large offensive line. His low center of gravity probably makes it tougher to tackle him honestly vs a guy like Newton, Luck, or someone else.