Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why doesnt Luck audible anymore?

bap1331

Its like half the problem on offense and could really help with a bad oline. I just see him snap the ball right away. He clearly saw the Titans defense prepare to blitz him today when he got sacked by Orakpo (The guy even went offsides at one point). He shouldve stepped up and changed the play or pulled someone back to protect him. (Something is better than nothing)

He used to do it his rookie year, now it just seems like he wants to get the drive over with. He stopped doing last season.

Peyton was forced to make adjustments all season in 2009 for the Super Bowl run. The oline was horrible so he kept changing the play. Even Brady does it all the time. You have to confuse the defense because faking snap counts isnt going to work all the time.

Well..i guess its hard to tell. I define audible as taking 30 seconds of making weird hand signals before snapping....like Peyton. lol..

Yeah I figured. But what Peyton does is well beyond just calling audibles. 

Pretty much every QB calls out and adjusts protections, and Luck does a lot of that. He also changes plays entirely, and evidently he checked out of a ton of plays in the opener, which is part of the reason we hardly ran the ball.

(Sigh.......)

Luck audibles plenty.

After the Buffalo game, when Pagano was asked about the Colts throwing the ball like 14 straight plays,  he said that was NOT on Pep.....   that Luck had indeed audibled out of a number of runs to throw the ball.

Luck audibles all the time.    Every game.    You just don't know it.