Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brian Hoyer benched

RockThatBlue

Why not give Mallett the reins and see what he can do for the season. Everyone kinda had an idea what Hoyer would bring to the table which was borderline average to below average QB play. With Mallett he has a lot more upside than Hoyer, and mostly needs playing time vs. starting NFL defenses to develop.

Hoyer is awful and he seems like a real **** too...not a guy I would want in a locker room...

Mallett is a nut job, but he has a rocket arm. If I had to bet, and I'd put down sizable money on this, he could out throw all but a small handful of QBs in the league on a frozen rope pass...like what Favre and Elway used to wing down the field...Mallett can launch it...

If they get him into the right system and he has any football sense, he could be a player...I wouldn't let Brian Hoyer sell peanuts...

Isn't it crazy that most NLF fans knew that Hoyer was a back up type QB and apparently Bill O Brien didn't . This kind of thing amazes me. I mean really .. you go through an offseason , training camp and 4 exhibition games. Then you " Hoyer is our guy. " You stick with that decision for about an hour and a half and then announce what most fans knew to begin with. 

Isn't it crazy that most NLF fans knew that Hoyer was a back up type QB and apparently Bill O Brien didn't . This kind of thing amazes me. I mean really .. you go through an offseason , training camp and 4 exhibition games. Then you " Hoyer is our guy. " You stick with that decision for about an hour and a half and then announce what most fans knew to begin with. 

Yeah. I don't get it but I would surmise that Mallett is one of those guys that maybe does not practice well but plays well when the lights go on.

Yeah. I don't get it but I would surmise that Mallett is one of those guys that maybe does not practice well but plays well when the lights go on.

Mallett did play for O Brien in 2014. So you would think he's have an idea. Maybe neither one is the answer.. just saying that most football fans probably feel that Hoyer s a back up and not a starter.

Mallett did play for O Brien in 2014. So you would think he's have an idea. Maybe neither one is the answer.. just saying that most football fans probably feel that Hoyer s a back up and not a starter.

Yeah. Good point and Mallett looked good in the couple of games he did play. You do wonder what goes into the decision making at times.