Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which colts players will you draft?

Ive always wanted to do a fantasy league for colts fans but then I remember, I dont want them choosing luck. Lol! Who will you aim for? Also round by round.

I didnt mind peyton last year but not anymore this year. Here is my aim: luck, ty hilton, andre johnson, frank gore, maybe moncrief, carter and dorsett. Theres obviously no way I can grab them all even if I could but maybe 2-3.

In this order:

Round 1: luck

Round 2: if all good rbs are taken which they usually are, then ty hilton. If ty is taken, andre.

Round 3: andre

Round 5, 6 and 7: dorsett and/or gore

Free agent after: moncrief and carter

Quite frankly, wr score more than rbs at times. This league used to be a rb league but with all the one two punches, its not the same... qbs score more at times lol.

Luck in round 3 if he's still there and then Vinatieri in the 2nd to last round. It's absolutely ridiculous to take a qb in the 1st and I would even have reservations of taking him in the 3rd because I don't believe in QB's early. The Colts WR's, besides Hilton, are lottery shots at this point, even Andre. Like last year, I would pass on them completely unless it's TY Hilton and he falls a little. Allen and Fleener are ok options, but they shouldn't be picked up unless you missed a top 10 fantasy TE earlier in the draft and you need an option that is somewhat dependable. Frank Gore isn't bad as a backup, but if you are starting him as your no1 or no2 RB, you'll be disappointed. If you get him as a backup and spot matchup starter against teams like the Jaguars and Titans as well as an injury fill-in, you'll be happy. I'd draft Adam Vinatieri in the 2nd to last round as he will score a ton of points. Not a lot of attractive Colts options in fantasy because you don't know what you're getting. Just because you have Andrew Luck throwing the ball doesn't mean the WR or TE you drafted will catch a ton of passes. Other than TY at a value, I would avoid the WR's and TE's completely.

Ive always wanted to do a fantasy league for colts fans but then I remember, I dont want them choosing luck. Lol! Who will you aim for? Also round by round.

I didnt mind peyton last year but not anymore this year. Here is my aim: luck, ty hilton, andre johnson, frank gore, maybe moncrief, carter and dorsett. Theres obviously no way I can grab them all even if I could but maybe 2-3.

In this order:
Round 1: luck
Round 2: if all good rbs are taken which they usually are, then ty hilton. If ty is taken, andre.
Round 3: andre
Round 5, 6 and 7: dorsett and/or gore

Free agent after: moncrief and carter

Quite frankly, wr score more than rbs at times. This league used to be a rb league but with all the one two punches, its not the same... qbs score more at times lol.

Luck in round 3 if he's still there and then Vinatieri in the 2nd to last round. It's absolutely ridiculous to take a qb in the 1st and I would even have reservations of taking him in the 3rd because I don't believe in QB's early. The Colts WR's, besides Hilton, are lottery shots at this point, even Andre. Like last year, I would pass on them completely unless it's TY Hilton and he falls a little. Allen and Fleener are ok options, but they shouldn't be picked up unless you missed a top 10 fantasy TE earlier in the draft and you need an option that is somewhat dependable. Frank Gore isn't bad as a backup, but if you are starting him as your no1 or no2 RB, you'll be disappointed. If you get him as a backup and spot matchup starter against teams like the Jaguars and Titans as well as an injury fill-in, you'll be happy. I'd draft Adam Vinatieri in the 2nd to last round as he will score a ton of points. Not a lot of attractive Colts options in fantasy because you don't know what you're getting. Just because you have Andrew Luck throwing the ball doesn't mean the WR or TE you drafted will catch a ton of passes. Other than TY at a value, I would avoid the WR's and TE's completely.

You gotta keep in mind that WR is going to be STUPID deep this year.  A quality WR1 in the 4th or even 5th is completely plausible.  You could go WR in 4th and 5th rounds and get a great QB in 3rd.  Or go TE in 4th, WR 5th, QB 6th.  Bottom line you can grab WR's low this year and still perform well. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like Frank Gore this year, think he will explode now that he won't see a stacked box all the time like he did in SF. Think he is a really good value.

I was pretty high on Andre Johnson, but this article might have changed my mind: http://www.thefantasyreport.net/2015/07/08/afc-south-fantasy-football-preview-indianapolis-colts/

Dorsett might make a good later round flier too if available.

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny you brought this up, we have a friends and family league that drafts live every year. This year we drafted earlier than ever and added the stipulation that you aren't allowed to draft or add any Patriots players! The only drawback is, as you suggested, everyone grabs the Colts players VERY early.

Here is where they went this time around...

Andrew Luck- 2nd overall

Dan Herron- 11th overall

Round 2-Frankn Gore

Round 3-T.Y. Hilton Andre Johnson

By round 5 they were all gone including Vinatieri and even Reggie Wayne got picked up in the middle rounds as a free agent.

Gronk, Brady etc....undrafted

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Frank Gore this year, think he will explode now that he won't see a stacked box all the time like he did in SF. Think he is a really good value.

I was pretty high on Andre Johnson, but this article might have changed my mind: http://www.thefantasyreport.net/2015/07/08/afc-south-fantasy-football-preview-indianapolis-colts/

Dorsett might make a good later round flier too if available.

Funny you say this. In nearly every mock draft, I've managed to get Gore in the 4th-6th rounds, and I'm not even trying to our targeting him. He's just there. People are under valuing him.