Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two Weeks Out: NCF's 1st Guess at the Colts 2016 draft....

....   and, since we're having fun with this.  I'll throw in the 2017 Colts draft at no added charge to you!

Clearly this is NOT to be taken seriously.....   just a discussion point that is subject to on-field performance and injuries.....  

It's never too soon to talk the draft.....   Enjoy!    :thmup:

2016:

1st R:   Offensive Tackle     Whether he plays or not in 2015 Cherilous will be off the roster in 2016 and we'll need a quality replacement.   So, I'm investing a 1st R pick to protect Luck.

2nd R:   Outside Linebacker     Best case scenario,  Mathis and Cole have one more year each.  Time to invest in the future at this key position.     Outside of QB,  the top positions are OT and OLB and CB   Check and check and......?

3rd R:   Cornerback        Toler is likely gone, Smith may or may not replace him, but another corner is always welcome.   Can never have enough quality corners    Here's another check.

4th R:   Safety        Lowry has a one year deal and Adams only has one more year left.   If Geathers is part of the future at Safety,  this player may be the other part.

5th R:  Inside LB    DQ Jackson is a likely cap casualty after 2015.   Freeman is back only on a one year deal.     And investment in a decent inside linebacker feels warranted here.

6th R:   Nose Tackle    A practice squad stash candidate here....  but it never hurts to have numbers up the middle.

7th R:   BPA      Whatever flier from an unknown school like Georgia State (John) or Mars Hill (Good) feels like a safe choice here.

2017:

1st R:   WR    Andre Johnson may be coming off the books here.   Who knows if we retain TYH?   Either way,   the Front Office has shown it likes having lots of toys for Andrew to play with.

2nd R:  OLB    2016 guy, Newsome,  and......?   Werner?   Walden?    Someone else?

3rd R:   CB    Davis, Smith,  2016 Corner and.....  this spot.

4th R:   ILB   2016 guy,  the 2015 guy from Georgia and.....?

5th R:   RB   Another RB in the mold of Robinson and/or Ballard.

6th R:   Safety   Another decent safety... perhaps more of a project/practice squad?

7th R:   BPA

I know you just said it as a possibility, but there's absolutely no way we don't re-sign TY. That dude's going to be a Colt "4-life" as the old NWO would say. No mater how great Dorsett is, TY's our guy. We can have an unstoppable offense for years with two explosive, speedy deep threats and a big 6'3 beast.

I know you just said it as a possibility, but there's absolutely no way we don't re-sign TY. That dude's going to be a Colt "4-life" as the old NWO would say. No mater how great Dorsett is, TY's our guy. We can have an unstoppable offense for years with two explosive, speedy deep threats and a big 6'3 beast.

I've been saying the same thing for months....   the Colts WILL re-sign TYH....   but I don't expect it to be an easy deal to get done.    I also don't think it should be viewed as a 100% slam dunk,   not when Drew Rosenhaus is his agent.    I don't think we re-sign TY at any price.    It has to be within reason......   but I think our full intention is to re-sign him.

• 2 weeks later...

If we select another wr with a first round pick, I may need to go buy a new tv. It has to be online pass rusher or CB/S with those first round picks and possibly a LB'er if there is a impact guy there. Wr, I think we can find or develop a 2-3 round guy for the 2017 season if we end up not signing Ty.