Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offense is integral

bap1331

Pats game is a perfect example. People may not realize but the defense was so tired out from the offense going 3 and out. They shutdown ty and the game was all but over. If the offense was able to get it going, the defense wouldnt have had to waste all their energy in the first half. I like this pick now that I look at it.

Pats game is a perfect example. People may not realize but the defense was so tired out from the offense going 3 and out. They shutdown ty and the game was all but over. If the offense was able to get it going, the defense wouldnt have had to waste all their energy in the first half. I like this pick now that I look at it.

Both units were OVERMATCHED not to mention the coaching.

But next time around our offense will make a game of it.

Agreed. Let's not forget: Hilton, Allen and Fleener are FA's next spring. Do we want Andrew to play with Carter, Swoope and some rookie next season?

The two Super Bowl teams were the Pats and Seahawks, both of whom had great defenses and very underwhelming receiver groups.  I personally believe that defense wins championships.  Let Luck use his talents to make the guys around him better on offense while you bring in more talent on defense.  That's just my opinion though

I think a lot of the gripes that Colts fans have has to do with how we've played against the Patriots and how we've lost to them the same way 4 straight times, allowing at least 40+ points in each game, and getting steamrolled in the process.

2012:  Colts 24 - Patriots 49  Luck: 27 of 50 for 334 Yards

2013:  Colts 22 - Patriots 43  Luck: 20 of 41 for 331 Yards

2014:  Colts 20 - Patriots 42  Luck: 23 of 39 for 303 Yards

2014:  Colts 7   - Patriots 45  Luck: 12 of 33 for 126 Yards

As you can see, The Patriots have averaged over 40 points per game against the Colts. Luck has also thrown for over 300 yards in 3 of 4 outings against NE. Our offense really struggled in the AFCCG. It has been primarily the defense that hasn't been able to contain NE's offense. 

We are fine on offense and really struggle on defense. This has been the case for over a decade now. I think, as fans, we were hoping to finally have a different approach regardless of the BPA draft philosophy. 

The two Super Bowl teams were the Pats and Seahawks, both of whom had great defenses and very underwhelming receiver groups.  I personally believe that defense wins championships.  Let Luck use his talents to make the guys around him better on offense while you bring in more talent on defense.  That's just my opinion though

Luck does not have the ball placement accuracy to make a perfect throw to a covered receiver, or to hit the correct shoulder in stride on short passing routes. The WRs and TEs need to get open for our O to succeed.

I think a lot of the gripes that Colts fans have has to do with how we've played against the Patriots and how we've lost to them the same way 4 straight times, allowing at least 40+ points in each game, and getting steamrolled in the process.

2012:  Colts 24 - Patriots 49  Luck: 27 of 50 for 334 Yards

2013:  Colts 22 - Patriots 43  Luck: 20 of 41 for 331 Yards

2014:  Colts 20 - Patriots 42  Luck: 23 of 39 for 303 Yards

2014:  Colts 7   - Patriots 45  Luck: 12 of 33 for 126 Yards

As you can see, The Patriots have averaged over 40 points per game against the Colts. Luck has also thrown for over 300 yards in 3 of 4 outings against NE. Our offense really struggled in the AFCCG. It has been primarily the defense that hasn't been able to contain NE's offense. 

We are fine on offense and really struggle on defense. This has been the case for over a decade now. I think, as fans, we were hoping to finally have a different approach regardless of the BPA draft philosophy.

With the exception of the past game, our problem has also been Luck's interceptions giving the Pats extra possessions.

With the exception of the past game, our problem has also been Luck's interceptions giving the Pats extra possessions.

Agreed. But Dorsett hasn't addressed that problem.

Regardless, I really like Dorsett. I'm on board with it now.

Luck does not have the ball placement accuracy to make a perfect throw to a covered receiver, or to hit the correct shoulder in stride on short passing routes. The WRs and TEs need to get open for our O to succeed.

Yes and no.  I still think he's developing to a point where he can make the people around him better.  He knows where the guys need to be and he can get the ball to where it needs to go most of the time.  When you have an offense led by Luck, I think you take advantage of his abilities to make others around him better by shoring up your defense and offensive line.

I just figured they helped that with ANDRE JOHNSON and FRANK GORE. Did they really need Dorsett this year over other positions. We could of drafted a wide receiver high in the next year or two and been fine.

Yea but that wont help long term. They may only just last this year and next year, then what? Nobody that learned from them and got the experience. Hec, we dont even know if they will work out with the team. So depth is important.

Yes and no.  I still think he's developing to a point where he can make the people around him better.  He knows where the guys need to be and he can get the ball to where it needs to go most of the time.  When you have an offense led by Luck, I think you take advantage of his abilities to make others around him better by shoring up your defense and offensive line.

Yes, but I don't know where a defensive player would have seen significant PT this year except at S.

I don't think that a dlineman at 29 would've beaten out Jones, Chap, or Langford.

And what type of D player do we need to not get blown out by Dallas or Pitt? A run stuffer?

Who knows, we my go safety nickel/safety in the next two rounds.

Yea but that wont help long term. They may only just last this year and next year, then what? Nobody that learned from them and got the experience. Hec, we dont even know if they will work out with the team. So depth is important.

They can draft someone later in the draft to develop.. or next year.. or the year after.