Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Charlie Johnson Struggle with Contract ((closed - signed w/other team))

bayone

Tom James of CBSSports.com Rapid Reports indicates that the Colts may be at an impasse with free agent tackle Charlie Johnson on a new contract. James suggests that Johnson is looking for a more lucrative deal than Indianapolis wants to offer. While the team may be able to lose Johnson and still field a young promising offensive line, keeping him significantly bolsters the starting unit and depth.

My link # 1

My link # 2

Id rather of had him than Diem

Well at least if the Colts release him, we could just replace him with a guy like Pollak or Devan.

alot of CJ's value is his versatlity position wise and given a chance betcha hes better at guard than at least 1 of the above

In end was hoping, after about half a season a line of

LT, Cast

LG McHendon / DeVan / Pollack

C Saturday / McClendon

RG Ijlana / NcClendon

RT Cj / >>>>>> with event Ijalana going to RT and Cj at RG

Charlie's value cannot be stated in a year like this. He has been the most consistent guy, with Saturday, the past few seasons and can play just about every position. You have no idea how these rookies will play, if Diem remains healthy, and if any of our OG's step up. He would be a very big piece of our puzzle this year.

Charlie's value cannot be stated in a year like this. He has been the most consistent guy, with Saturday, the past few seasons and can play just about every position. You have no idea how these rookies will play, if Diem remains healthy, and if any of our OG's step up. He would be a very big piece of our puzzle this year.

That is what I was hoping to get across in what i posted just before u

I don't think the two signings are related. I think its just a case of Charlie wants more than the Colts think he is worth. Hopefully they meet in the middle.

Especially now with all of the signing buzz, folks like Manning and Diem leaving money on the table for the sake of the team. It'll be interesting to see what Bullitt and Addai signed for, as well. If CJ is gonna be a buzz kill and not come onboard then let him walk. I realize he was valuable but we have enough talent along the O-line to fill the void. If it goes that way let's spend it on defense. I'd love to have enough cap room to get Asante Samuel at 5.5M (I know I know...not holding breath but dreamin) and someone else....whoever would be an affordable upgrade anywhere on D.

Especially now with all of the signing buzz, folks like Manning and Diem leaving money on the table for the sake of the team. It'll be interesting to see what Bullitt and Addai signed for, as well. If CJ is gonna be a buzz kill and not come onboard then let him walk. I realize he was valuable but we have enough talent along the O-line to fill the void. If it goes that way let's spend it on defense. I'd love to have enough cap room to get Asante Samuel at 5.5M (I know I know...not holding breath but dreamin) and someone else....whoever would be an affordable upgrade anywhere on D.

Supposedly Bullit didnt cost that much & is only a 1 year and based on incentive performance so was at right price, Yeah CJ has done all we asked and would like some money for u it, He was the RT for virtually all of SB 41 as Diem went down quite early

He deserves something but dont know how high hes asking, MEET IN THE MIDDLE IS RIGHT & KEEP HIM

i had a feeling he would want a lot of moolah..hes better than avg whoever said that and hes versitle..that means more 2 teams not called the colts bcuz howard mudd made ever1 versitle..for the most part..

idk what i think about this..if we keep CJ that is great and our O-line looks solid

if we loose CJ..we got more money for the D..sign tommie harris..asante samuel..bolster our depth..somethin like 1 of those

if i had 2 guess hes prolly tryin 2 get around 6 mil

i had a feeling he would want a lot of moolah..hes better than avg whoever said that and hes versitle..that means more 2 teams not called the colts bcuz howard mudd made ever1 versitle..for the most part..

idk what i think about this..if we keep CJ that is great and our O-line looks solid

if we loose CJ..we got more money for the D..sign tommie harris..asante samuel..bolster our depth..somethin like 1 of those

if i had 2 guess hes prolly tryin 2 get around 6 mil

At least me calling him average is better then what pro football focus thinks about him!!

They said he was the 8th worst tackle in the whole league.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/6/13/2221640/pro-football-focus-thinks-charlie-johnson-sucks

At least me calling him average is better then what pro football focus thinks about him!!

They said he was the 8th worst tackle in the whole league.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2011/6/13/2221640/pro-football-focus-thinks-charlie-johnson-sucks

He's not a true L tackle, he is a guard. His value to Indy is his versatility. He can play every position on the line in pinch. Indy needs to bring him back for at least this season.

He's not a true L tackle, he is a guard. His value to Indy is his versatility. He can play every position on the line in pinch. Indy needs to bring him back for at least this season.

Exactly, he satisfactorily filled in for a failed UGOH