Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BlueShoeMock Draft With Trades

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jameis Winston QB Florida St.

2) San Diego Chargers *TRADE 17

Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

I can see a trade happening here that will send the #17 pick to Tennessee and the #2 pick to San Diego. Rivers wants no part of a new contract in San Diego. LT even said that Rivers will not be in San Diego this year. 

3) Jacksonville Jaguars

Dante Fowler Jr. OLB Florida

4) Oakland Raiders

Leonard Williams DE USC

5) Washington Redskins

Shane Ray OLB Missouri

6) New York Jets

Amari Cooper WR Alabama

7) Chicago Bears

Danny Shelton NT Washington

8) Atlanta Falcons

Vic Beasley OLB Clemson

9) New York Giants

Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

10) St. Louis Rams  

Kevin White WR West Virginia

11) Minnesota Vikings

Trae Waynes CB Michigan St.

12) Cleveland Browns

Arik Armstead DE Oregon

13) New Orleans Saints

Randy Gregory OLB Nebraska

14) Miami Dolphins

Landon Collins S Alabama

15) Dallas Cowboys *TRADE 27

Todd Gurley RB Georgia

The Cowboys trade up with San Francisco to secure the rights to Gurley. It is quite possible the 49ers are willing to move down due to needing multiple draft picks in order to replace the crazy string of events of the off-season. The Cowboys have shown the willingness to move up if they want a player.

16) Houston Texans

Breshad Perriman WR Central Florida

17) Tennessee Titans *TRADE 2

Ereck Flowers OT Miami

18) Kansas City Chiefs

DeVante Parker WR Louisville

19) Cleveland Browns

Alvin (Bud) Dupree OLB Kentucky

20) Pittsburgh Steelers *TRADE 22

Jalen Collins CB LSU

21) Cincinnati Bengals

Malcom Brown DT Texas

22) Philadelphia Eagles *TRADE 20

Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

23) Detroit Lions

Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest

24) Arizona Cardinals

Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

25) Carolina Panthers

Andrus Peat OT Stanford

26) Baltimore Ravens

Eli Harold OLB Virginia

27) San Francisco 49ers *TRADE 15

Marcus Peters CB Washington

28) Denver Broncos

Eddie Goldman DT Florida St.

29) Indianapolis Colts

La'el Collins OT LSU

I can't believe he is here for us to draft. This is the first time he ever fell to us when I did a mock. The Rivers to Tennessee trade could change this draft for us.

30) Green Bay Packers

Paul Dawson ILB TCU

31) New Orleans Saints

Dorial Green-Beckham WR Missouri

32) New England Patriots

Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma

If Tenn. makes a trade with S.D. for Rivers, SD is going to want more than the number 2 spot. Rivers is a franchise QB. You don't give them away for a player who may not be ready to start right away. I think SD would want at least an additional 2nd rounder, and there is the rub. I can get Rivers and give away a 2nd rounder for a franchise QB, but Tenn. has tremendous holes, and Rivers has maybe 5 good years left. Everyway I look at it, Tenn. needs players, and they can get at least a couple of extra number ones, and let Metzenberger develop. If he does not, they they draft a QB next year, like Hackenburg.

If Tenn. makes a trade with S.D. for Rivers, SD is going to want more than the number 2 spot. Rivers is a franchise QB. You don't give them away for a player who may not be ready to start right away. I think SD would want at least an additional 2nd rounder, and there is the rub. I can get Rivers and give away a 2nd rounder for a franchise QB, but Tenn. has tremendous holes, and Rivers has maybe 5 good years left. Everyway I look at it, Tenn. needs players, and they can get at least a couple of extra number ones, and let Metzenberger develop. If he does not, they they draft a QB next year, like Hackenburg.

In the mock draft Tennessee gets San Diego's #17 overall and Philip Rivers for the #2 overall.

Rivers does not want to be in San Diego so the leverage goes to the team trading for him.

In the mock draft Tennessee gets San Diego's #17 overall and Philip Rivers for the #2 overall.

Rivers does not want to be in San Diego so the leverage goes to the team trading for him.

San Diego would be getting completely screwed in that deal. Why would San Diego give up their #17 as well? Tennessee should be bringing more than just a #2 for Rivers. I kind of see what you're saying, in terms of leverage, but I HIGHLY doubt San Diego pigeon-hole's themselves like that, especially just to get Mariotta out of it. Telesco should be thrown out immediately if he did that trade.

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Jameis Winston QB Florida St.

2) San Diego Chargers *TRADE 17

Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

I can see a trade happening here that will send the #17 pick to Tennessee and the #2 pick to San Diego. Rivers wants no part of a new contract in San Diego. LT even said that Rivers will not be in San Diego this year.

3) Jacksonville Jaguars

Dante Fowler Jr. OLB Florida

4) Oakland Raiders

Leonard Williams DE USC

5) Washington Redskins

Shane Ray OLB Missouri

6) New York Jets

Amari Cooper WR Alabama

7) Chicago Bears

Danny Shelton NT Washington

8) Atlanta Falcons

Vic Beasley OLB Clemson

9) New York Giants

Brandon Scherff OG Iowa

10) St. Louis Rams

Kevin White WR West Virginia

11) Minnesota Vikings

Trae Waynes CB Michigan St.

12) Cleveland Browns

Arik Armstead DE Oregon

13) New Orleans Saints

Randy Gregory OLB Nebraska

14) Miami Dolphins

Landon Collins S Alabama

15) Dallas Cowboys *TRADE 27

Todd Gurley RB Georgia

The Cowboys trade up with San Francisco to secure the rights to Gurley. It is quite possible the 49ers are willing to move down due to needing multiple draft picks in order to replace the crazy string of events of the off-season. The Cowboys have shown the willingness to move up if they want a player.

16) Houston Texans

Breshad Perriman WR Central Florida

17) Tennessee Titans *TRADE 2

Ereck Flowers OT Miami

18) Kansas City Chiefs

DeVante Parker WR Louisville

19) Cleveland Browns

Alvin (Bud) Dupree OLB Kentucky

20) Pittsburgh Steelers *TRADE 22

Jalen Collins CB LSU

21) Cincinnati Bengals

Malcom Brown DT Texas

22) Philadelphia Eagles *TRADE 20

Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

23) Detroit Lions

Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest

24) Arizona Cardinals

Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

25) Carolina Panthers

Andrus Peat OT Stanford

26) Baltimore Ravens

Eli Harold OLB Virginia

27) San Francisco 49ers *TRADE 15

Marcus Peters CB Washington

28) Denver Broncos

Eddie Goldman DT Florida St.

29) Indianapolis Colts

La'el Collins OT LSU

I can't believe he is here for us to draft. This is the first time he ever fell to us when I did a mock. The Rivers to Tennessee trade could change this draft for us.

30) Green Bay Packers

Paul Dawson ILB TCU

31) New Orleans Saints

Dorial Green-Beckham WR Missouri

32) New England Patriots

Jordan Phillips NT Oklahoma

You're surprised a player fell to us in a mock draft that you did alone?

no, you literally did it by yourself. You can make the outcome whatever you want.

Sometimes I look at need only. Sometimes it's BPA. Sometimes I look at consensus. It's all over the place. Sometimes I look at another mock and like where a player went so I run through a scenario.

I am not sure where you are going with this. I never claimed to be Mel Kiper here. My ideas are free. And you are free not to read it if you want to.

Titans aren't dropping 15 spots when the Jets are more likely to move up from #6 for Mariota, plus word is Titans really like Mettenberger

I don't believe the Jets are drafting a quarterback. I am also starting to believe the Titans liking Mettenberger has been a lot of smoke to get a value on the #2 pick.

I don't see a trade in which a team moves up to the middle of the first for Gurley. Don't get me wrong... he could be a great player but the loss of value for a move up and for a RB is a good way to peeve someone off.

I do imagine there will be a flurry of trades but, I imagine we may see one trade(most likely for Mariotta) at the top of the draft and the rest will be around the 20 mark and at the end of the first.

Regardless, its gonna be one heck of a first round on Thursday!

I don't believe the Jets are drafting a quarterback. I am also starting to believe the Titans liking Mettenberger has been a lot of smoke to get a value on the #2 pick.

I disagree. I think the Jets are keeping their expectations in check but, if they want Mariotta... I think the Titans are gonna work with them before anyone else.

I can see the Jets coming away with one of the better drafts this year. If they get Mariotta, I expect them to get a RB later in the draft who will produce like a Jets RB should.

Sometimes I look at need only. Sometimes it's BPA. Sometimes I look at consensus. It's all over the place. Sometimes I look at another mock and like where a player went so I run through a scenario.

I am not sure where you are going with this. I never claimed to be Mel Kiper here. My ideas are free. And you are free not to read it if you want to.

I'm not going anywhere with it. My point is you can't be surprised a guy fell to the colts in a hypothetical situation that only you have control of

I'm not going anywhere with it. My point is you can't be surprised a guy fell to the colts in a hypothetical situation that only you have control of

Team A needs a DE and is within range of BPA.

Team B needs a WR and is within range of BPA.

And so on....

When something at the top changes then availability changes too, and the draft moves a different way. Just as it will in real life. When a trade happens, players can drop.

No one is going to create a perfect mock. It would be like getting a perfect March Madness bracket. Not going to happen.

Why are you so hell bent on other people having conversations about draft picks? None of us are professional scouts, and I sure and the hell never gave that impression to anyone. 

We have these conversations for fun, and everything we discuss on this board is subjective.