Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Hoose Report; Mock #3

Sticking with the Defense first theme, here is another stab at a Mock;

1. Eddie Goldman, DT, FSU

The Colts have to stop the run or they will be stampeded by teams copying the Pats.

2. Damarious Randall, FS, Ariz. St

He is the flavor of the moment and the fastest rising S in the draft. And the Colts like him.

3. Steven Nelson, CB , Oregon St.

Underrated tough as nails CB. Another fast riser. And this team is thin at CB.

4. Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas

Another tough as nails player. A bit shorter than you'd like but fast and productive. He brings it.

5. Derrick Lott, DT, Tenn Chatt.

Could be a very good  DE/DT. There is a need here for the team as well. Solid value.

6 (a) Craig Mager, CB, Tex. St.

Sleeper CB prospect. And the Colts are thin at this position.

6 (b) Matt Jones, RB, Fla.

A banger to complement Gore et al. Good hands too.

7 (a)  C J Uzomah, TE, Auburn

The Colts need to prepare for the loss of one of their starting TEs after this year.  

7 (b)  John Crockett, RB, N. Dakota St.

Tough/talented player for a lower level school. Take a chance here and maybe strike gold.

I think you added a lot of talent but a bit too many stretches IMO for my liking (Randall, Henney, Nelson, Crockett)

I obviously disagree regarding the picks being stretches but appreciate the feedback.

Randall may not be there for the Colts in round 2.

Nelson and Heeney are just really good football players. I think they'll be drafted close to where I have them projected.

I obviously disagree regarding the picks being stretches but appreciate the feedback.

Randall may not be there for the Colts in round 2.

Nelson and Heeney are just really good football players. I think they'll be drafted close to where I have them projected.

Yes, by all means use your projections for the players. I 100% agree. If you think Nelson should go around the 90 area then for sure but him there, I think that he is more of a late 2nd to early 3rd guy, it's just a difference of opinions. 

It is definitely a good mock in the talent section, adding tons of talent, but by my projections, I just think some of those guys might not be there, obviously you disagree but that`s all it is a difference of opinions.

Good mock, nice work. If it all came together like this I know I wouldn`t be complaining.

It's a great draft if we get another year out of GC at RT.

I think we need to get CB of the future you did and a RT that can help now if necessary.

A guy like Darrian Miller day 3 could do it. 3 yr LT starter in the SEC think he's underatted