Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mariota's Accuracy

wig

Like Alex Smith.

For me, Mariota's intangibles mostly offset his deficiencies. But if he goes to a dysfunctional organization like the Browns or something, then may heaven help him...

Exactly on the example, and also my feelings too.  Like Brady going into the Patriots organization, if Mariota gets in with a decent organization, he could flourish.  In with a dismal situation (like David Carr and the early years Texans), you could be totally demoralized mentally and all the talent in the world won't help anymore. you're toast and gone.

I look at it this way- Mariota right now is not as good as Geno Smith. Yet.  He's not.  He may not even be quite on par with Mettenberger (Titans) yet either.  But If I'm a GM and think it wouldn't be too long before he surpassed either of them (or others) and would be 'The Guy' for ten years or more, I go get him.  If not pass and move on.

So if a team didn't go to Eugene and perform a scripted personal workout and interview with Mr. Mariota, then they have not performed due diligence to determine if he can be coached into the system you plan to run.  And I still keep hearing the female partner of the Glazer family running the Bucs is still against the Winston pick.  I'm not even sure if the Bucs got around to heading to Washington to look at Mariota... but I'm sure they did somewhere in there...

Exactly on the example, and also my feelings too.  Like Brady going into the Patriots organization, if Mariota gets in with a decent organization, he could flourish.  In with a dismal situation (like David Carr and the early years Texans), you could be totally demoralized mentally and all the talent in the world won't help anymore. you're toast and gone.

I look at it this way- Mariota right now is not as good as Geno Smith. Yet.  He's not.  He may not even be quite on par with Mettenberger (Titans) yet either.  But If I'm a GM and think it wouldn't be too long before he surpassed either of them (or others) and would be 'The Guy' for ten years or more, I go get him.  If not pass and move on.

So if a team didn't go to Eugene and perform a scripted personal workout and interview with Mr. Mariota, then they have not performed due diligence to determine if he can be coached into the system you plan to run.  And I still keep hearing the female partner of the Glazer family running the Bucs is still against the Winston pick.  I'm not even sure if the Bucs got around to heading to Washington to look at Mariota... but I'm sure they did somewhere in there...

I think he's better than Geno right now, but I get what you're saying. 

Mariota visited the Bucs about a month ago. I think they have to visit him in order to work him out, and I'm not sure that's happened. But they got together and did whatever it is that they do.

Exactly on the example, and also my feelings too. Like Brady going into the Patriots organization, if Mariota gets in with a decent organization, he could flourish. In with a dismal situation (like David Carr and the early years Texans), you could be totally demoralized mentally and all the talent in the world won't help anymore. you're toast and gone.

I look at it this way- Mariota right now is not as good as Geno Smith. Yet. He's not. He may not even be quite on par with Mettenberger (Titans) yet either. But If I'm a GM and think it wouldn't be too long before he surpassed either of them (or others) and would be 'The Guy' for ten years or more, I go get him. If not pass and move on.

So if a team didn't go to Eugene and perform a scripted personal workout and interview with Mr. Mariota, then they have not performed due diligence to determine if he can be coached into the system you plan to run. And I still keep hearing the female partner of the Glazer family running the Bucs is still against the Winston pick. I'm not even sure if the Bucs got around to heading to Washington to look at Mariota... but I'm sure they did somewhere in there...

They went to Eugene to work Marcus out. He opened the door and greeted them personally. It made national newsbut I'm sure was publicized more locally. People may think it's fake but it's not. I mean this is a guy that after the loss to Arizona, while I was drinking, stayed on the field for a half an hour to hang out with a kid he invited to the game from the children's hospital.