Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dexter McDonald CB Kansas

I would like for the Colts to draft Dexter McDonald late in this draft. He has great size (6-0 3/4, 203) and very good speed (4.42 40-yard dash). 

Dexter could very well be on our late gem target list, and a year or two under Pagano's guidance could turn him into a very exciting player. We know our front office loves taller athletic corners, so the size certainly makes sense for us.

Dexter is getting some attention from other teams (visits) so we may have to take him in the 5th round.

If we get him I hope it is as a priority UDFA. I personally like him and I think he has potential to be coached up but I don't think he is worth even one of our later round picks.

I am starting to think he won't be around after the 5th round. When you watch him, he has a little bit of Revis in him. A long way to go to receive those type of accolades (needs a lot of coaching), but he does have the same fluid movements. 

I am starting to think he won't be around after the 5th round. When you watch him, he has a little bit of Revis in him. A long way to go to receive those type of accolades (needs a lot of coaching), but he does have the same fluid movements. 

I guess I can see some of the Revis comparison just he is a long way off from that, and needs a lot of coaching. I know it doesn't mean much but ranking sites don't even have him listed as a priority free agent. I have this feeling that he is going to fall and go undrafted, but that is just my opinion. As of right now all the attention is on Kansas's other corner Sheppard. All said and done would I be mad if we took him late in the draft to make sure we get him No, but I feel we could get him as a priority free agent.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I’m pulling for the hometown kid, Conor Daly!
    • If I just ranked players since the 1977 merger, my top 10 would be: 1. Michael Jordan   2. Magic Johnson   3. LeBron James   4. Abdul-Jabbar would still be 4th. Since 1977 he did win 2 League MVP's (77 and 80), a Finals MVP vs Boston in 1985, and dominated his Center position up until really his last season which was 1989 when he was a shell of himself.   5. Kobe Bryant   6. Larry Bird   7. Shaq O'Neal   8. Tim Duncan   9. Steph Curry   10. Hakeem Olajuwon   5 Best 3-point in game shooters I have seen since the merger: 1. Steph Curry 2. Reggie Miller 3. Ray Allen 4. Larry Bird 5. Dirk Nowitzki    
    • My personal preference is Peyton but I have Brady #1 because he accomplished more other than the League MVP's (Peyton has him there 5-3) if that makes sense. Joe Montana is in with Brady and Peyton as well. Mahomes is the best today.
    • It's tough to rank all-time players because of the different era's, same for football as people have pointed out to me. Football wise, how can you compare Otto Graham to Peyton Manning realistically? You almost have to go by era. IMO, the 80's is when players as a whole started to get more athletic, stronger, faster, quicker, and all the Centers were mostly around 7'0 tall. Bill Russell at 6'9 220 would have been a PF in the 80's. Magic was 6'9 220 and was a point guard. The only player back in the 50's/60's that was a freak of nature was Wilt Chamberlain.
    • I find basketball top 5 one of the hardest to rank. It really is in my eyes, Jordan/Lebron and then everyone else.   How do you really rank players like Kobe, Duncan, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Malone, Dr J, Pistol Pete, Dirk, Shaq, Hakeem etc  There have been so many good ones with arguments for them all. Put these players on different teams and so much could change. Heck, in 20yrs there will be someone else that will change the game.  Like I said, I’m more of a fan of greatness. I loved watching the GSW teams, the Bulls 3pts, the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, those Spurs teams that seemed to win every 3/4 years etc. I love just sitting back and seeing a star take over a game and just enjoy it for what it is. This next group coming up looks awesome. While the game has changed, it’s still just as exciting in the playoffs as when I was a kid. 
  • Members