Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It all depends on the Steelers...

They lost Clark last year and signed Mike Mitchell to a $25M deal last year. They drafted Shamarko to be Troy's replacement.

I just mean that Collins seems redundant, adding another ITB safety with mediocre coverage ability considering they already have 2 of them projected to start this year. I think it's much more likely they go with a corner or an edge rusher.

Yes but think back to last year San Fran took Ward in the first and they were pretty well off in the DB department already.

Yes but think back to last year San Fran took Ward in the first and they were pretty well off in the DB department already.

Maybe, but they drafted Ward to be a nickel corner who could then take over for Bethea in a year or two, so it's not like he was a backup. Collins doesn't have the same versatility unless you plan on making him a nickel-lb his first year or two. 

I'm not a big fan of Flowers, but I like Humphries or Clemmings if they are available. 

The odd thing about this years offensive linemen is there is no clear front runner. Read 5 different big boards and you will get 5 different rankings, and it's all over the place.

I have to concede to Brian Baldinger, because over the years, when it comes to offensive linemen, his knowledge of draft prospects has proven to be very impressive.  

Baldinger believes La'el Collins and Brandon Sherff are the top offensive linemen in this class, so to me that means we have no shot at either of them falling to us. I will concede to Baldinger, because he has earned my respect many times over when it comes to offensive line draft prospects. 

Humphries, Clemmings, Peat, Erving, or Flowers? I have no idea how they will fall man. This is the biggest crap shoot I have ever seen. I believe that Flowers fits us well though, because he has the ability to possibly play RT on opening day.

For the record, Baldinger (Mock 1.0) had Flowers going to the Colts at #29. He also had Castonzo going to us in 2011. Baldy had 7 offensive lineman going in the first round, and most of them taken in the second half of the first round. In his second mock he moved Flowers up to #23. We all know a RB could be in play there though.

Just some food for thought.

Shaq Thompson very well could start on day one. And Eli Harold could be the successor to Robert Mathis.

He could start day one. I don't see it happening but who knows.

Eli is a perfect example of what I am saying. We need to being looking forward at guys that can rotate in get their feet wet to be ready to take over soon maybe midseason in some cases. I don't see anyone at 29 that is day one starter but who knows how the draft plays out.

We need to look ahead a RT so we can lose GC contract next year. A CB so we aren't overpaying on the FA market next year when Toler is a FA. A pass rusher is always a welcome addition. I think Eli will go before we get a shot at him but who knows how it will shake out. If that's who we want it will have to be at 29 I think.

It's a deep draft at CB I would be disappointed if we didn't grab a guy to groom across from Vontae unless Price is going to pan out we've put two years into developing him but he still hasn't got past Gordy

They lost Clark last year and signed Mike Mitchell to a $25M deal last year. They drafted Shamarko to be Troy's replacement.

I just mean that Collins seems redundant, adding another ITB safety with mediocre coverage ability considering they already have 2 of them projected to start this year. I think it's much more likely they go with a corner or an edge rusher.

I'll take your word on that because you're usually pretty informed on those things.

If that's the case, then Collins might free fall to us. He's one of those 5-6 players I said the Colts had their pick narrowed down to.

The others are Goldman, Armstead,Clemmings, and Phillips/Peters.