Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reality's Colts Mock 4.0- Trade Edition

I really dislike mocks with trades, But I'm not against the idea in real life. So I decided, why not? So here goes.

*Trade 29, to Minnesota so they can jump GB, NO, NE, To select Shaq Thompson* In return Minnesota sends 2nd (45), 3rd (75)*

2 (45): Owamagbe Odighizuwa, OLB/DE, UCLA 6'3 267 lbs 33 3/4 arms, 4.62 40, 25 bench.

Odighizuwa is a physical freak. Diggy, is a great run defender who can play Edge, or the 5 tech. Diggy is extremely strong at the point of attack. In his game against Virginia he gets inside and penetrates on a consistent basis. Diggy is a physical freak and one of my favorite players in the draft. His USC tape is one of the best I've seen. He has boatloads of potential and has probably the best, most violent hands of any Edge player in this draft. He consistently wins around the edge, but when he doesn't he needs to show that he can cut it back inside. He gets get jumps off the snap. Against the run he is a very violent player who consistently disrupts. Diggy missed the entire 2013 season with hip issues, which required surgery. He still has a bit of rust when it comes to lateral quickness because of it. He would be a great addition to the rotation and he would help if Mathis isn't ready to go day 1. Diggy is one of my favorite players in this whole class, could be terrific addition.

2 (61): Jaquiski Tartt, SS, Samford 6'1, 221 lbs, 4.53 40, 124 broad, 32 3/8 arms.

Tartt is a physical athlete who could slide right in and start at SS. He is great against the run and would be a huge Upgrade. He is a great tackler, but has some issues in coverage. He needs to work on hand placement and Footwork to become a all around safety. Tartt would fit in well as a great compliment to Adams, with Lowery coming off the bench in the Sergio Brown role. He would be a great fit and is just the type of player that would fit in well with Pagano, as he could coach him up to become a top tier safety, tons of potential just needs to be coached properly. And in the meantime would be a stout against the run physical Safety.

3 (75): Micheal Bennett, DE, Ohio St., 6'2, 293 lb, 33 5/8 arm, 10 1/4 hand. 4.98 40.

Bennett is a perfect fit for the 5 tech. He gets tremendous jump off the snap and is a very disruptive player. He's got a very powerful swim move and gets to the QB a lot. He is very physical and disrupts in the run game. He can go very hot and require double teams. He struggles to defeat them, but I'll take that. He is athletic for the position, and is a very stout player that would fit along the DL nicely. He needs to add size to translate to pros optimally. He could play under Langford and Jones for now and eventually replace Kendall in the starting lineup. Would be a great pickup for the Colts.

3 (93): Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina, 5'9, 214 lbs, 4.52 40, 35 1/2 vert.

Davis is a all around back that would fit in perfectly with the Colts. He would be a great compliment to Gore (Power), Herron (Shiftier, Reciver). Davis is a powerful runner with some speed, and a great pair of hands. He would fit in perfectly in a RB rotation. The Downhill runner with power, speed, hands, and lots of potential. Would be a great pickup, and addition to the rotation. 

4: Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin, 6'7, 321 lbs, 16 bench, 4.52 40.

Havenstein is a big boy. He's a huge kid who has great size. He isn't a workout warrior (Dud at the combine) but on the tape he is a powerful run blocker who possesses great size and good strength, most of his strength comes from his build, not his arms which is why he had a very low number at the combine (16). He could possibly convert to guard. He is very stiff, and the stiffness is a concern. He could be an extra line-man, and fill in for injuries. Depending on how he plays be possibly could take over the starting spot in 2016. 

5: Joey Mbu, NT, Houston, 6'3, 313 lb, 5.54 40, 22 1/2 vert.

Mbu is a huge force. He has great personalty and football character, he's a great locker team guy, a leader, and all his coaches love him. He works tirelessly to become a better player. He's a big NT who eats blocks and gets some disruption. He could enter the rotation at NT with Chapman, and Kerr.

6: Mike Hull, ILB, Penn St., 6'0, 4.68 40, 31 bench.

Hull is a leader on the field. He was very productive at Penn St.. He has good range in the run game and gets to the carrier with ease. He is a wrap up tackler, but has some issues in coverage. He has the athleticism, but needs to be coached up. 

6: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas, 5'9, 196 lbs, 35.5 vert, 4.56 40.

Diggs is a solid player who contributed a lot for the Longhorns. From his tape and play at Texas he's a 3rd to 4th round prospect, but he is undersized and under speed for the position, which is why he's a late round prospect. He'd be a good slot CB and could be a good 4th CB in a couple of years.

7: Markus Rush, OLB, Michigan St. 6'3, 251 lbs.

Rush in an athletic freak who is a tremendous prospect. He racked up 7.5 sacks last year and 12 TFL's. He'd come into the rotation and could bring pass rush help. Lots of potential.

7: Andre DeBose, WR, Florida, 6'0, 190 lbs.

Special teams ace. He is a great returner with speed and shiftyness. Could compete with Cribbs.

Luck/Hasselbeck

Gore/Davis/Herron/Ballard

Hilton/Johnson/Moncrief/Carter/Brown/Whalen

Fleener/Allen/Doyle

Costanzo/Reitz

Mewhort/Thomas/Heenan

Holmes/Harrison

Herremans/Louis

Cherilus/Havenstein

Jones/Hughes/Okine/Pendleton

Chapman/Mbu/Kerr

Langford/Bennett/Quarles

Mathis/Newsome/Werner

Jackson/Freeman/Irving/Hull/Muamba

Cole/Odighizuwa/Walden

Davis/Toler/Butler/Price/Diggs/Brown

Adams/Anderson/Guy

Tartt/Lowery/McDonald

What do you guys think? Leave your thoughts below!! Lets hope this would take us to the Superbowl!! And as always-- GO COLTS!

Diggy da gawd. That's a great pick.

Tartt, I really couldn't pass judgement on. He only has 1 game on DB. A lot of national guys like him though.

I don't know how Bennett is a perfect 5-tech. He doesn't have the prototypical size (around 6'4") or skillset to play 5-tech. He's much more suited to 3-tech.

Love Davis.

Hull and Rush are great picks. 

Don't have an opinion on the others yet. 

Diggy da gawd. That's a great pick.

Tartt, I really couldn't pass judgement on. He only has 1 game on DB. A lot of national guys like him though.

I don't know how Bennett is a perfect 5-tech. He doesn't have the prototypical size (around 6'4") or skillset to play 5-tech. He's much more suited to 3-tech.

Love Davis.

Hull and Rush are great picks. 

Don't have an opinion on the others yet. 

Yeah, I love Diggy too, and Davis. I watched the Tartt tape on DB, and went to youtube for some tape. DB needs more on him. He's a good prospect at SS.

*Trade 29, to Minnesota so they can jump GB, NO, NE, To select Shaq Thompson* In return Minnesota sends 2nd (45), 3rd (75)*

What is your reasoning behind this trade from a Vikings' point of view? There is no way Rick Spielman gives up a 2nd and a 3rd to move up only 16-17 spots. He does like Shaq Thompson and he does like to trade up into the 1st Rd but he won't give up that much. Perhaps he will give you a lower round pick (5th to 7th). He places a lot of value on the draft. I see him trading down from the 11th spot to get more picks. He has averaged 10 picks a draft since becoming GM.

Try the Rams as a trading partner. See:

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/01/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king/4/

29. ST. LOUIS

T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh.

*Trade: In exchange for the 29th pick, Indianapolis gets the 41st and 119th picks.

What is your reasoning behind this trade from a Vikings' point of view? There is no way Rick Spielman gives up a 2nd and a 3rd to move up only 16-17 spots. He does like Shaq Thompson and he does like to trade up into the 1st Rd but he won't give up that much. Perhaps he will give you a lower round pick (5th to 7th). He places a lot of value on the draft. I see him trading down from the 11th spot to get more picks. He has averaged 10 picks a draft since becoming GM.

29. ST. LOUIS

*Trade: In exchange for the 29th pick, Indianapolis gets the 41st and 119th picks.

Was thinking Vikings would move up for Thompson as Greenway could be on his way out soon and they need LB pretty badly. Good work though, Rams do have a need at OT. And they have been pretty aggressive in the draft.

29. ST. LOUIS

Wonder what Peter Kings rational is?  Colts are desperate to get out of the first round and will take a beating to do so? The draft value scale is almost 100 points in favor of St. Louis on that deal.  A 41st and an 88th is about equal value, not 119.  And I don't see St. Louis parting with their 41st, and 72nd picks (80 points in favor of Colts here)  to move back into round 1 again; but that is what I would demand out of the Rams to drop out of round 1 if I were Grigson.  Unless we are on the clock and there is absolutely NO 1st round talent left on the board...  then I might do that deal, but ask for another even later pick thrown in...

Wonder what Peter Kings rational is? Colts are desperate to get out of the first round and will take a beating to do so? The draft value scale is almost 100 points in favor of St. Louis on that deal. A 41st and an 88th is about equal value, not 119. And I don't see St. Louis parting with their 41st, and 72nd picks (80 points in favor of Colts here) to move back into round 1 again; but that is what I would demand out of the Rams to drop out of round 1 if I were Grigson. Unless we are on the clock and there is absolutely NO 1st round talent left on the board... then I might do that deal, but ask for another even later pick thrown in...

You have a point. I believe Track Guy agrees with you. He said so in another thread (TG Mock Draft).

If you are judging the probability of a trade on the trade value scale, then the Reality's Colts trade with the Vikings makes more sense. That deal is only 20 points in favor of the Colts. However, the Vikings will not give up a 3 to move up 16 spots unless the player is very special. I don't see that special player this year. Last year, they gave up a 4th in addition to their 2nd to move back into to the first round to draft Bridgewater. They had 2 fours; so one was expendable but for a quarterback, I would have given up a 3. Thankfully we don't need a QB this year.

Do you believe the Colts will trade out of the 1st round?

You have a point. I believe Track Guy agrees with you. He said so in another thread (TG Mock Draft).

If you are judging the probability of a trade on the trade value scale, then the Reality's Colts trade with the Vikings makes more sense. That deal is only 20 points in favor of the Colts. However, the Vikings will not give up a 3 to move up 16 spots unless the player is very special. I don't see that special player this year. Last year, they gave up a 4th in addition to their 2nd to move back into to the first round to draft Bridgewater. They had 2 fours; so one was expendable but for a quarterback, I would have given up a 3. Thankfully we don't need a QB this year.

Do you believe the Colts will trade out of the 1st round?

On the circumstance two things happen-

1:  No 1st round graded talent from the culmination of Colts scouting, interviewing, tape watching, etc is on the board.

2. Another team calls wanting to know what Grigson would want from them to make a trade...  and they agree.

IOW, I doubt it.  I think someone of round 1 talent does make it to 29, and the price another team will give up to us to re-enter late in round 1 isn't high enough to accept.

I really think we need to get Toler's replacement in this draft. He going to be over 30 and a FA CB's are very expensive in FA. This draft is loaded. Why reach for a S when you could get a quality CB

Draft BPA not need.

I really think we need to get Toler's replacement in this draft. He going to be over 30 and a FA CB's are very expensive in FA. This draft is loaded. Why reach for a S when you could get a quality CB

Draft BPA not need.

This is all true, but kindof hard to do a BPA mock draft.

This is all true, but kindof hard to do a BPA mock draft.

It's impossible to do in a mock and I like most of your players had a few in my mock. I really like Davis think he potentially is Gore's mini me.

If you stick to BPA I don't see how Tarrt goes at 61 I don't think he's close to the 61sr BPA.

If we stick to BPA which Grig's has put us in position to do. I think this will be a great draft for us.

I think we bump into a CB ILB RT DL or RB in the early rounds, There is a deep talent pool at those positions and they are spots we need young guys to come in. You could toss WR in there as well.

I don't see any S being worth a pick in the first 2 days except Collins but that's just my opinion.