Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Has Peyton Lost The Deep Ball Of Late?

mightisright

when it was reported that he was having numbness in his arm, the first thing i thought of was that this has been somewhat of a issue for a couple years. it just didn't seem like he was throwing the ball smoothly all the time. if he is healthy next year, he is going to have an amazing year.

its on nfl.com somewhere it is a football freakanomics

Kinda on subject here, but does anyone have a link to or can tell me how to find video of where Manning's neck got hurt from Daniels hit? I remember watching it on tv, but that was 5 years and too many beers ago. I've searched every where can't find it

or something..

A part of it is his injury.

Another part of it is the defensive game plan. They will drop eight into coverage and make him patiently dink and dunk his way down the field. Sadly for them, he's done it and still manages to find success.

The final piece of the puzzle probably has to do with the O-line. He has less than 2 seconds per play, so he dials up routes that work within that time frame.

We've seen him get bigger chunks with Collie and Clark healthy, however, and I think it's better to shred a defense as opposed to hoping to take the top off. More reliable, more draining, less risky.