Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore joins in on "recruiting".

NBColtsFanatic

Wait, Chapman was good last year? Could have fooled me. Right now, IMO, the biggest weakness on this team is the interior of the defense and you can extend that right up 3 levels, line, ILB and S. First, we got our arses handed to us repeatedly by team running between that tackles. That's a failure of the first 2 levels of the defense. And we have not addressed the other safety position, other than allowing Sergio to sign elsewhere. These weaknesses, IMO, have taken precedent over the issues with the offensive line. We atleast signed a veteran RG to address part of that issue.

Yes, Chapman was good last year...far more of than not.  And that was only his first year as a full time starter.  A guy like Wilfork would be great as a stop-gap for another year, maybe 2, to see how much more Chapman can progress.  There is zero reason, however, to give up on Chapman at this point.  We're far from knowing what his ceiling is.

Yes, Chapman was good last year...far more of than not.  And that was only his first year as a full time starter.  A guy like Wilfork would be great as a stop-gap for another year, maybe 2, to see how much more Chapman can progress.  There is zero reason, however, to give up on Chapman at this point.  We're far from knowing what his ceiling is.

The biggest problem with chapman last year is his play declined over the course of the year. I'm not sure he has the stamina to play a whole season at NT yet. Not that I blame him its probably the most physically demanding position but having a vet in front who can take that load would be a big boon for a playoff run.

No it wouldn't, it would be way too expensive.

I saw a few mocks that have him falling out of the top 10. I think if he does it may be worth it, considering the kind of dominate player he is. Shelton should be one of the best 3 or 4 DT's in the league. Having said that, we could probably stay where we are, or trade up a spot or 2 and get Phillips.

I saw a few mocks that have him falling out of the top 10. I think if he does it may be worth it, considering the kind of dominate player he is. Shelton should be one of the best 3 or 4 DT's in the league. Having said that, we could probably stay where we are, or trade up a spot or 2 and get Phillips.

I am open to the possibility of moving up 1 maybe 2 spots if we think it is a player we just can't pass up. But, anymore than that becomes cost prohibitive; even if he falls out of the top 10 to say #15 ... that's still trading up 14 picks in the 1st round, and would still be crazy expensive.  I am almost always in favor of trading down rather than up.

1742765_1411244922514994_658344247_n.jpg

Numbers are wrong but good illustration!

Cool cartoon representation of AJ & Frank Gore there Pgt rob! I like it. You guys look fantastic in blue & white fellas. The color suits you. Red was never my forte anyway Mr. Gore. 

Yes, SW1 is aware of the irony considering that my own Alma Mater is WI Badger Red BTW. What can I say Blue is just a spectacular color any way you slice it in my estimation. 

[Off topic: I gotta give Bo Ryan & the Badgers Mens Basketball Team some love today for beating MI 71-60. Yes! Sorry for the brief detour folks. Thank you.]