Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans close to a deal with Rahim Moore

Just like OJ stole his own stuff...

He will still be playing...but it was dumb dumb dumb....they have him on video speeding off....like he would get away with it. DJ isn't going to be confused with a smart safety I'm sure.

Back to Moore...I'm really surprised...I would think Denver would retain him on deal like that....very surprising to me. He is pretty young and was productive...not elite but productive. I think Denver is looking to fill from within but surprised Moore didn't have a bigger market....guess 2012 debacle is still living with him.

He will still be playing...but it was dumb dumb dumb....they have him on video speeding off....like he would get away with it. DJ isn't going to be confused with a smart safety I'm sure.

Back to Moore...I'm really surprised...I would think Denver would retain him on deal like that....very surprising to me. He is pretty young and was productive...not elite but productive. I think Denver is looking to fill from within but surprised Moore didn't have a bigger market....guess 2012 debacle is still living with him.

I think Denver wants to load up the box a little more and be more aggressive, and they need safeties who can cover slots and TEs. That's not Moore. That's the primary reason I wasn't about him. Then again, Houston and Denver are presumably going to be similar on defense. 

I don't think his mistake three years ago is what hurt his market. It's probably more about the acute compartment syndrome he suffered a couple years ago, when he nearly lost his leg. Everyone in free agency is overpriced or flawed; that's probably Moore's flaw.

I think Denver wants to load up the box a little more and be more aggressive, and they need safeties who can cover slots and TEs. That's not Moore. That's the primary reason I wasn't about him. Then again, Houston and Denver are presumably going to be similar on defense. 

I don't think his mistake three years ago is what hurt his market. It's probably more about the acute compartment syndrome he suffered a couple years ago, when he nearly lost his leg. Everyone in free agency is overpriced or flawed; that's probably Moore's flaw.

Dang I got to be more judicious with my likes...I'm out already again lol. Very good points...but at the price...that should have put him on their radar...and it seemed he wasn't even on it. Denver is being eirely quiet...they do still have cap room....wonder what they are thinking?

Dang I got to be more judicious with my likes...I'm out already again lol. Very good points...but at the price...that should have put him on their radar...and it seemed he wasn't even on it. Denver is being eirely quiet...they do still have cap room....wonder what they are thinking?

They have plenty of cap room. I'm not sure what their approach is, but they've lost, JT, Knighton (presumably), Moore, Franklin... I don't know what the plan is. They have Sylvester Williams and Michael Schofield to replace Knighton and Franklin. 

They have plenty of cap room. I'm not sure what their approach is, but they've lost, JT, Knighton (presumably), Moore, Franklin... I don't know what the plan is. They have Sylvester Williams and Michael Schofield to replace Knighton and Franklin.

they do....heard they like Webster to move over from cb to fs...they have a deep deep secondary. They also have a lot of youth at DT...but not sure who anchors the middle though. That OL has some young guys but honestly I expected 3 new starters...and they've made no moves to address it...maybe Kubiak with the zbs likes some of the young guys but it's hard to imagine them taking chances blocking for peyton with them. Everyone knows their season rests on his shoulders and to leave it to unproven rookies basically would surprise me. They have to get Vasquez back to rg for sure...and they have lattimore and Caldwell but neither are a typical slot receiver...can peyton trust them? I think Daniels and green do great with peyton but I still see them with needs at c, rt,lg, wr and nt. we will see.

they do....heard they like Webster to move over from cb to fs...they have a deep deep secondary. They also have a lot of youth at DT...but not sure who anchors the middle though. That OL has some young guys but honestly I expected 3 new starters...and they've made no moves to address it...maybe Kubiak with the zbs likes some of the young guys but it's hard to imagine them taking chances blocking for peyton with them. Everyone knows their season rests on his shoulders and to leave it to unproven rookies basically would surprise me. They have to get Vasquez back to rg for sure...and they have lattimore and Caldwell but neither are a typical slot receiver...can peyton trust them? I think Daniels and green do great with peyton but I still see them with needs at c, rt,lg, wr and nt. we will see.

You just mentioned the biggest factor on the offensive line. Kubiak believes that his ZBS is plug and play. You don't need expensive interior linemen or an expensive RT to run the ball effectively in his system. That's proven, I think. Ryan Clady thinks he'll be better. Losing Franklin won't be a big deal for them.

I don't think they have any kind of issue at WR. They can draft any of the 20 or so guys that will go in the first four rounds and plug him at slot and/or outside; if they get Tyler Lockett, look out. But really, with Sanders, DT and Lattimore, they have plenty. Plus, they're gonna want to run the heck out of the football, and I think they can.

You just mentioned the biggest factor on the offensive line. Kubiak believes that his ZBS is plug and play. You don't need expensive interior linemen or an expensive RT to run the ball effectively in his system. That's proven, I think. Ryan Clady thinks he'll be better. Losing Franklin won't be a big deal for them.

I don't think they have any kind of issue at WR. They can draft any of the 20 or so guys that will go in the first four rounds and plug him at slot and/or outside; if they get Tyler Lockett, look out. But really, with Sanders, DT and Lattimore, they have plenty. Plus, they're gonna want to run the heck out of the football, and I think they can.

they have a lot of youth on that team....I don't think people understand how young they are outside the FAs they've brought in with manning. That said no matter how much they run they will still throw....its peyton freakin manning. They don't want him getting banged around because they have no chance then. I actually heard they probably cut Ramirez...so they have to have a couple holes to fill...and I didn't see enough from lattimore to trust he can step in and start...I thought he was rather disappointing. Reggie would make some sense to plug and play or bring welker back either on a reduced salary. The defense should be just as good...I like travethan coming back with Marshall...and ware can play the Sam I believe pretty good. Time to see if scheme will be the solution or if they just missed their window.