Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Crazy Thought!

turner46992

do you guys think the colts could have possible scouted Luck last year just for the heck of it. You know to see what this kid was all about, and thought maybe they could have got him late last year, but after hearing he was going to stay in college another year at least and all that jazz. Maybe then when they scouted him the seen the potential this kid could have in the NFL.

So Luck doesnt go through the draft last year, but there is a better chance he will this year, so lets Pay Peyton to sit this season to pick up the "best" prospect in the draft next season to have another successful 10years or so..

Money talks and at the right price anyone will do anything.

Just speculating a bit, but Think about it. At first peyton would miss at most 4 weeks, no big deal...but then BLAM! another neck surgery! OH NO! he is now out until at least december. Well now he isnt coming back at all. So does this not seem fishy or am I just looking a bit to much out of reality?

do you guys think the colts could have possible scouted Luck last year just for the heck of it. You know to see what this kid was all about, and thought maybe they could have got him late last year, but after hearing he was going to stay in college another year at least and all that jazz. Maybe then when they scouted him the seen the potential this kid could have in the NFL.

So Luck doesnt go through the draft last year, but there is a better chance he will this year, so lets Pay Peyton to sit this season to pick up the "best" prospect in the draft next season to have another successful 10years or so..

Just speculating a bit, but Think about it. At first peyton would miss at most 4 weeks, no big deal...but then BLAM! another neck surgery! OH NO! he is now out until at least december. Well now he isnt coming back at all. So does this not seem fishy or am I just looking a bit to much out of reality?

No. Michael Moore doesn't run this team.

I will try to be as respectful as possible so as to not be visited by the mods. So let me just say...

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

Silly.

It is interesting what is going on right now, though. The quotes from BP, sound like an admission of some serious mistakes. However, I think this year is going to end up being extremely valuable in the long run. There is no reason why an overhaul both in the coaching staffs and some player personnel can't result with a kick start to the entire franchise. The big variable is Peyton's health. I think if Andrew Luck IS the guy everyone says he is, he will be here.

There is already a relationship between the Polians, the Mannings and the Lucks. I'm praying that Peyton could very well turn out to be the ultimate franchise player, and do the incredible, selfless task of playing out his last couple years of peak performance if he is strong enough, and then take a backseat and help Luck take the reigns. I don't recall ever seeing this done, but I sense that if Peyton wants a unique legacy similar to the likes of Elway but different, he attempts to take the Colts to two more Super Bowls, then retreats to the bench for his last two years, and does some trouble shooting for Luck from there, hopefully in preparation for a healthy retirement and a position in the front office or coaching staff with the Colts.

Again, I've never seen it, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was more of what the future looks like here. Only way this happens though, is to bind and gag the mouths of both fathers.

I hope Peyton doesn't do anything remotely close to what you are suggesting. It's not his job to let someone else take over. He owes no one that. His job is to win as long as he's great at doing so, not give up the reigns for the "good" of his replacement. It's not selfish of him to want to play for as long as he's up to the task.