Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Glowing ESPN Profile of Luck....

NewColtsFan

One of the better stories about Luck I've read in a while.    It's NOT a premium story, so it's available to everyone.

Lots of good quotes from everyone.

The story focuses on why and how Luck is better this year than last.    I think you'll find it very interesting.

Enjoy!!    :thmup:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12175591/andrew-luck-grows-indianapolis-colts-ask-quarterback-do-more

That's why regardless of what happens Sunday, we are in a golden position. The AFC is essentially ours for the next decade. The usual suspects are all nearing the end of their careers when AL will be entering his prime.

A SB would be nice this year, but I have no doubt we will at minimum make it to several during Andrew's career.

That's why regardless of what happens Sunday, we are in a golden position. The AFC is essentially ours for the next decade. The usual suspects are all nearing the end of their careers when AL will be entering his prime.

A SB would be nice this year, but I have no doubt we will at minimum make it to several during Andrew's career.

That's exactly what Colin Cowherd said.  He said Brady better win this year because the AFC is going to be Lucks for the next decade!

Agreed. Luck is maybe the only promising young quarterback in the AFC. Once Brady retires his main competition to get to SB's will be Roethlisberger (32 yrs), Rivers (33 yrs) and Flacco (30 yrs)

Agreed. Luck is maybe the only promising young quarterback in the AFC. Once Brady retires his main competition to get to SB's will be Roethlisberger (32 yrs), Rivers (33 yrs) and Flacco (30 yrs)

And when you look at Roth and Rivers, those guys have taken a beating and who knows how good they'll even be in 2/3 years. Flacco is definitely still young.

Homer viewpoint aside, we couldn't have landed a potential HOF QB at a better time. Even looking at the NFC, most of those guys will be gone or on the back nine in 2/3 years (Brees, Rodgers, Romo etc.)

That's exactly what Colin Cowherd said. He said Brady better win this year because the AFC is going to be Lucks for the next decade!

It's definitely true. In all honesty, this roster isn't great by any means. As Luck gets even better and the front office adds a pass rusher or two with another couple competent lineman...Indy really has a legit chance at multiple SB's barring injury to Luck of course.

We could potentially see a lot of Luck v Wilson super bowls.

If Sea keeps a team around him though. Luck has nowhere near the team Wilson does and still had managed 3 10+ wins per season.

My buddy said it best, 'in 10 years the Colts will be hated because they'll be one of those teams like the pats, winning multiple SB's and at the very least be in the AFCCG every year'...Basically one of those teams everyone gets tired of seeing win....I'll take it

If Sea keeps a team around him though. Luck has nowhere near the team Wilson does and still had managed 3 10+ wins per season.

My buddy said it best, 'in 10 years the Colts will be hated because they'll be one of those teams like the pats, winning multiple SB's and at the very least be in the AFCCG every year'...Basically one of those teams everyone gets tired of seeing win....I'll take it

haha I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. We will be the new Pats.....minus the bush league bending of the rules, cheating, and unlikable personalities. 

haha I was thinking the same thing a couple days ago. We will be the new Pats.....minus the bush league bending of the rules, cheating, and unlikable personalities.

Absolutely. Minus the unlikable as you said.

I think it's the universe's way of reversing the many one and dones of the past..

Seattle will be losing Marshawn at seasons end.  I'm sure Wilson will be getting top dollar, so they won't be able to bring in too many more pieces.  They are about as good as they will get.  Of course Sherman and Wilson will get better over the years though.

We could potentially see a lot of Luck v Wilson super bowls.

Wilson is great, but I think that window on the seahawks is closing soon when you gotta start paying everyone after they get possibly their second SB ring. Still will be a top team with Wilson at the helm but won't have Lynch forever and that defense and wilson will need to get paid.

Seattle will be losing Marshawn at seasons end. I'm sure Wilson will be getting top dollar, so they won't be able to bring in too many more pieces. They are about as good as they will get. Of course Sherman and Wilson will get better over the years though.

That's why I won't freak out of we don't win it all this year. Our arrow is definitely pointing up. Luck will get his versions of Freeney/Bob Sanders/Our olines of the early to mid 00's in the next few years. Expectations were set through the roof with how good Luck has been out of the gate.

Like you said, Seattle has a small window left, ours technically hasn't even opened yet and we're in the afccg.

Future is way bright for our Colts.

I agree with all of the sentiment about how good this team can be in the vacuum left by the great qbs of the last decade... However...

Managing the cap and drafting smart are going to be the biggest factors determining whether or not Luck takes us to multiple SBs.

We have learned through the whole Pats/Colts rivalry that a great QB can spring up from nowhere and alter the trajectory of a franchise and the legacy of a number 1 overall pick... Maybe Luck's "Brady" isn't in the league yet, or maybe he's a backup or 3rd string guy nobody has heard of...

What I'm getting at is that Grigson is as integral to the process as Andrew is... If he can keep the roster stacked with talent, Indy can be that annoying perennial SB favorite and the "mouths that be" won't be able to kick 12 on the way out like they are doing to #18 as we sit here...

That's why I won't freak out of we don't win it all this year. Our arrow is definitely pointing up. Luck will get his versions of Freeney/Bob Sanders/Our olines of the early to mid 00's in the next few years. Expectations were set through the roof with how good Luck has been out of the gate.

Like you said, Seattle has a small window left, ours technically hasn't even opened yet and we're in the afccg.

Future is way bright for our Colts.

I don't think Seattle's window is closing but they've reached their ceiling, as have the Packers, Patriots and Broncos will self destruct after the QB's leave.  I think BB will be out when Brady leaves.