Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jones low-balling Murray....

NewColtsFan

OK.....

Turns out the info that we had yesterday (Wednesday) is not current.    The 4-year/$16 Mill offer was made to Murray BEFORE the season started.

This news comes in two new stories out today about the Cowboys and the players they're trying to sign.   As of today,  they have NOT made the expected new and improved offers.

So....   with 4/16 as the starting point,  I'd now expect something closer to 4/25 as the next offer with the ceiling on offers capping out at 4/28--4/30.    

But, beyond that,  I'd guess the Cowboys will let Murray walk....

It would be very stupid of them letting him go.

He is the reason why Tony Romo didn't have as many turnovers as they had in previous years...without the run game it will be back to the old Dallas Cowboys.

With the offensive line they have they could get a lot of RB's who are highly effective and fumble the ball less as well.  I don't think they absolutely have to have Murray to make a run.  

OK.....

Turns out the info that we had yesterday (Wednesday) is not current.    The 4-year/$16 Mill offer was made to Murray BEFORE the season started.

This news comes in two new stories out today about the Cowboys and the players they're trying to sign.   As of today,  they have NOT made the expected new and improved offers.

So....   with 4/16 as the starting point,  I'd now expect something closer to 4/25 as the next offer with the ceiling on offers capping out at 4/28--4/30.    

But, beyond that,  I'd guess the Cowboys will let Murray walk....

I wouldn't give him more then 4/20.  Honestly I'd offer that, and part of me would hope he would reject it so I have a reason to look for a new RB.  Murray fumbles a lot and as I've mentioned before the RB who leads the league in rushing often has a highly disappointing season afterwards.

He's sort of the RB du jour but when you sign a contract you are looking towards the future and not towards last season and I don't think Murray is gonna play up to a 4/20 contract.

I don't know if this is the current offer, or only the last offer....

But as of right now,  the Cowboys DeMarco Murray has only a $16 Million dollar offer from the Cowboy.

When I saw that, I thought to myself....   "Hmmm....  2 years,  $16 MIll?   Seems to short a contract."

And it is....   I was wrong.....    it's a 4-year, $16 Mill contract.    $4 Mill per.

It's bizarre because Murray will get a bigger offer in Free Agency.   And at his age,  he's got to take the much better offer.   This will be his first and last big contract.

He wont get a great deal... look at what Matt Forte makes

Here's the story.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000458473/article/demarco-murray-dallas-cowboys-disagree-on-value

I wouldn't offer him a contract. There will be basically no drop-off from him to Joseph Randle. 

I don't think Jason Garrett believes that....  in the stories I'm reading he's lobbying hard to re-sign Murray.....

And I don't think Jerry Jones believes that,  because if he did,  I think he'd make it clear they're moving on.   And so far,  that's not what he's saying....

I don't think Jason Garrett believes that....  in the stories I'm reading he's lobbying hard to re-sign Murray.....

And I don't think Jerry Jones believes that,  because if he did,  I think he'd make it clear they're moving on.   And so far,  that's not what he's saying....

NFL people over-value runningbacks all the time. This is no different. 

NFL people over-value runningbacks all the time. This is no different. 

Don't look now, but you've just made a post that says, you,  a fan, sitting in your home,  armed with your stats,  know more than the head coach of the team and the owner, who operates as the GM.

I love you Dustin,  but that's simply flat-out nuts........

Don't look now, but you've just made a post that says, you,  a fan, sitting in your home,  armed with your stats,  know more than the head coach of the team and the owner, who operates as the GM.

I love you Dustin,  but that's simply flat-out nuts........

Nothing I said is wrong. I'm sorry if it upsets you. 

edit: and know I didn't say that. Your posts are clown shoes tonight man. Have a snickers lol

Nothing I said is wrong. I'm sorry if it upsets you. 

edit: and know I didn't say that. Your posts are clown shoes tonight man. Have a snickers lol

Right.     You're the one saying that you're smarter than the head coach and the gm,  and I'm clown shoes.....

Somewhere down there in North Carolina,  you've officially lost it....