Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To everyone in the Gameday chat

House

To be honest, I would rather see an INT like that than to try a punt while backed up. I think he realized the odds of both of those passes getting picked and played the odds. In some ways, those picks were safer than punts, given the field position.

You also get a chance for holding or pi

Thanks for putting up with my insanity :). Emotional win for the Colts and all their fans.

Celebrate this win. Because another one isn't guranteed. Have fun tonight.

Andrew Luck is our unquestioned future. If the D plays this hard we can play against anyone.

Just need to get these pesky refs under control.....

We all get insane in there.  That's why it's great.   

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/554465180000980992

maybe but it sounds like Manning was willing to play for him.  That's from La Canfora tonight. 

He went to play for John Fox and Mike McCoy in a system that didn't suit his strengths. That's why they changed their offense as the 2012 season went on, and once they did, they wound up winning 11 games in a row. Kubiak would have had to do the same. Running bootlegs with Manning and asking him to throw on the run as he's trying to get his arm back would have been ridiculous. 

That said, I can't put very much credence in that "report" from La Canfora. It's something that won't ever be verified, and is unlikely to be seriously disputed. Might be true, but I think it's irrelevant.

He went to play for John Fox and Mike McCoy in a system that didn't suit his strengths. That's why they changed their offense as the 2012 season went on, and once they did, they wound up winning 11 games in a row. Kubiak would have had to do the same. Running bootlegs with Manning and asking him to throw on the run as he's trying to get his arm back would have been ridiculous. 

That said, I can't put very much credence in that "report" from La Canfora. It's something that won't ever be verified, and is unlikely to be seriously disputed. Might be true, but I think it's irrelevant.

I think Kubiak would now too if it comes to that.  I mean it's Peyton Manning if you can't run an offense with him you can't coach period.  No it wouldn't be what we are used to seeing from Kubiak but Kubiak also wouldn't be the OC either.  I think Kubiak would make sense based on his ties to Denver, Elway, and the fact he has Head Coaching experience.  With that said this is all pure speculation.  Denver might not even fire Fox and Manning might not comeback. 

That's an interesting situation for Denver. If they don't want Fox anymore, are they okay with letting Gase walk? He'll probably get offers tonight; he had interviews with four teams last week. Would they offer him the top job?

Personally I think Denver would be wise to promote gase immediately for two reasons. I don't think Peyton wants another offensive coordinator and that may very well impact his decision on coming back (ultimately I do think he comes back). By making gase the head coach I understand Peyton still gets a new offensive coordinator unless gase makes a deal to handle those duties as well (unlikely though). But keeping gase at the top would likely have a positive influence in keeping manning around.

Furthermore "what does the fox say?" Not much, I think he's overrated and I think gase is a great mind...I think losing Gase hurts them more than it would to fire fox.

Thanks for putting up with my insanity :). Emotional win for the Colts and all their fans.

Celebrate this win. Because another one isn't guranteed. Have fun tonight.

Andrew Luck is our unquestioned future. If the D plays this hard we can play against anyone.

Just need to get these pesky refs under control.....

The refs were horrid!  They tried everything to keep the Broncos close...  I'm so sick and tired of the media and referee's.  Colts don't get any favoritism even at home. 

I think him throwing that ball on third and five was just a bad mistake. I don't think he decided not to run for the first because his leg was bothering him. I think he thought he had a play down the field -- and he almost did -- and took a shot. Mistake, absolutely.

Either way, I think his arm is the same as it's been. If his leg is hurting him, that will go away. I just see a lot of people burying him, and I think that's very premature. And of course, in terms of this game, he wasn't the only one to miss some plays. Demaryius Thomas had a chance to earn himself a $13m+/year contract, and failed. Sanders couldn't make any plays. Their vaunted pass rush got shut down. And credit to the Colts for a big time performance, also. I'm not trying to be an apologist, I just don't see this game as being evidence that he's done.

Looks like I wasn't far off.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/12/7531725/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-injury-quad-thigh

Eh, it was widely reported that his leg wasn't right. I wasn't trying to say that his leg wasn't bothering him. I just don't think he chose not to run for the first because his leg was bothering him. Maybe he did...

If it was torn as reported, it may have factored into his decision. Just didn't look like Peyton though either way