Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina (+11) at Seattle (1-10-15)

oldunclemark

FOX - 8:15 EST....50 degrees..over-under 39.5

Seattle QB Russell Wilson - 285 of 452, 3,475....20 TDs, 7 INTs..

...Wulson has been sacked 42 times but have just 7 interceptions and zero lost fumbles..

Marshawn Lynch - 280 carries, 1,306 yards..13 TDs

Seattle allows 4.6 yards a play..and 267 yards per game....No.1 in the NFL

To be honest, though...some of that comes from playing in a division where there no real QBs other than Wilson.

Seattle is 24-2 at home the last 3 years and they allow 14.2 points per game.(just 39 in their last 6 games)

In games..MLB Bobby Wagner has played, Seattle is 9-2

Carolina QB Cam Newton had 18 TDs and 12 INTs during the regular season and he was a 58% passer

..but he had 539 yards on 103 carries..

WR Kelvin Benjamin 73 catches, 1,008 yards

TE Greg Olson - 84 catches, 1008 yards..

////Carolina has allowed just 59 points in the last 5 games..and they gave up a playoff record low 78 total yard last week against Arizona.. But Carolina played only sub. 500 teams in their division so their 8-8-1 record is probably misleading

Look at the spread. You almost never see double digit spreads in the post-season.

This is a mismatch and oddsmakers are daring you to go with Carolina.

The question isn't whether Carolina can score the winning TD. Its whether they can score any TDs

The best bet is the under

Wow. My first thought is to say take Carolina. That is a mammoth spread and their D is stout. I do think Seattle wins and could win big depending on Newton. He is maddening. He can't have the mistakes he had last week or else it will be over quickly. But if he is solid than I think they can not only cover but win. Their D should be able to frustrate that Seattle O all day.

I say take the under as well. Two great defenses means few points.

Wow. My first thought is to say take Carolina. That is a mammoth spread and their D is stout. I do think Seattle wins and could win big depending on Newton. He is maddening. He can't have the mistakes he had last week or else it will be over quickly. But if he is solid than I think they can not only cover but win. Their D should be able to frustrate that Seattle O all day.

Panthers play a style that the 49ers played when they played well, run the ball with their option QB and RB and play stout D. Cam Newton is just a tad better passer than Kaep, IMO.

I think they give the Seahawks fits but the Seahawks win a close one. Both times they played in Carolina, the Panthers went toe-to-toe vs the Seahawks. The Panthers go against Cam Newton in practice who is no different than Russell Wilson in the "take off and run" department that they have to contain the edge against.

I am leaning towards 19-13 Seahawks. This will be a one score game, IMO.

Panthers defense is far from great

7-0 Hawks after big early cat blunder

Carolina looks weak..at 8-8 its no wonder

I don't know, outside of that turnover the Panthers have been hanging with these guys. IMO it's a matter of if the Panthers D can keep toe to toe with the Seahawks D. Whichever offense gets the slightest step ahead wins this game.

Sherman grabbed him twice on that play!

ps: Toller would have been called for that.[/quote

That is one thing I never understood how different calls go from player to player like Revised did not have a pass interferance call against him all year and only two holding calls but he is one of the most physical CBS in the league .