Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

black monday has begun

CR91

Of the jobs open thus far, I think the Falcons job is the most attractive. Very good QB and receivers, and a weak AFC South.  Just a  few defensive players away IMO.  Niners job is okay, but the way the team mutinied against Singletary (who may have deserved it) and Harbaugh  (who may not have deserved it) indicates their may be some deeper personnel issues there.  Not to mention the QB is unproven and the whole division is tough.

The Jets, Chicago, and Oakland are messes. 

I agree with you about the Niners. As for the Raiders, I like Carr too but the Raiders are the Raiders. You never know what to expect from them.

The expectation will be to win now (with the Niners). There will be a lot of pressure on the new coach to match Harbaugh's success. If he does win, fans and media will say he won with Harbaugh's team. So, I don't think it is the best job for a new coach. A coach who is promoted from within may be the best option for the Niners (maybe Vic Fangio). The team may then be able to keep many of the current assistants to maintain continuity. What are you hearing?

I like the Falcons job best. I like the Bears one too but only without Cutler. I could see Rex in Chicago.

I'm going be honest here. I rarely watch Falcons games because that team just bores me. If someone asked me, what would you rather do, get a root canal or watch Atlanta play football? My response would be this: As long as you've got enough novocane, I opt for the root canal. Matt Ryan should be further along in his career than he is with more playoff wins under his belt. I like the kid, but he needs to be pushed harder IMO. 

Regarding Rex in Chicago, he would create a stifling defense of elite caliber that even Cutler couldn't screw up. If Rex can win his final Big Apple game with Geno Smith, he can win games with Jay Cutler's rocket arm. Just advise him to throw more checkdowns to Matt Forte & only reserve hail mary throws on 1st downs. 

I'm going be honest here. I rarely watch Falcons games because that team just bores me. If someone asked me, what would you rather do, get a root canal or watch Atlanta play football? My response would be this: As long as you've got enough novocane, I opt for the root canal. Matt Ryan should be further along in his career than he is with more playoff wins under his belt. I like the kid, but he needs to be pushed harder IMO.

Regarding Rex in Chicago, he would create a stifling defense of elite caliber that even Cutler couldn't screw up. If Rex can win his final Big Apple game with Geno Smith, he can win games with Jay Cutler's rocket arm. Just advise him to throw more checkdowns to Matt Forte & only reserve hail mary throws on 1st downs.

Very funny! No, I would rather watch any football game than get a root canal. :) But, yes, the Falcons are a bit boring. I watched their game against the Panthers yesterday. The Falcons looked awful and made the Panthers look like a Super Bowl caliber team.

Very funny! No, I would rather watch any football game than get a root canal. :) But, yes, the Falcons are a bit boring. I watched their game against the Panthers yesterday. The Falcons looked awful and made the Panthers look like a Super Bowl caliber team.

Yeah, I do have a flair for the dramatic I guess. LOL! The best thing about the Falcons job is their fabulous owner Arthur Blank. Just a darn nice guy who seems very flexible getting his coaching staff whatever they need to win football games. I'd like to see his team win more after the Michael Vick dogfighting scandal snafu & I'd rather work for him than Jets owner Woody Johnson.

Something just tells me that Mr. Johnson wouldn't work his tail off to get me the athletic talent I need to win in this league. He has a history of going after old players past their prime like RB Chris Johnson & QB Michael Vick or useless players like Tim Tebow who cannot help your team win games. 

Cam Newton steamrolled the dirty birds yesterday. It was almost a comedy how bad the Falcons looked yesterday. I kept hearing Benny Hill sitcom music in my head as I watched the Panthers pounce all over them. 

In case you never heard the theme song or watched the show, picture an old english man in his 50's or 60's running around getting chased by women half his age as he tries to run away from being a trouble maker etc. etc. 

Oddly enough, this song also works great for the Mark Sanchez Jets butt fumble too. 

Harbaugh IS now the head coach at Michigan

I'm surprised that his wife was okay with this relocation. It gets cold in Michigan man. I get it. "Be True To Your School" like the famous Beach Boys song & all, but it runs counter productive to "a happy wife; a happy life." 

It's hard to go from 75 degrees & sunny to 30 below & bone chilling cold though. Rich Eisen was overjoyed by the news of Jim Harbaugh returning to his alma mater.

He was like a kid sucking on a peppermint candy cane for the 1st time in his life. He was giddy & beside himself. It was hysterical to watch the happiness ooze off of him today on his Direct TV Show this morning. LOL! 

I am baffled that Tom Couglin is still employed in NY. I have the ut most respect for him, but it's been a long post season drought & I thought for sure he was gone. Odell Beckham was amazing, but not good enough for him to keep his head coaching job. So much for hiring GM Jerry Reese as our o-line consultant...Darn, I thought that was a possibility for INDY. 

I hope the owners told Tom that he must win a playoff game next year to keep his job more than 1 more season because Big Blue was pathetic this year.

Coughlin didn't deserve an extension IMO. He's a great coach, but he's under performed & this is a results business. I would have given him a pink slip personally. 

Eli Manning, I like you man, but seriously dude, how dare you let the dreaded Cowboys win the NFC East...Come on man. I defend you a lot to my friends & family & you repay me by not crushing the Cowboys? Really? Sigh...I forgive you man, but don't let it happen next year. Ya follow me...

What, no one suggested that Bill Belichick should hire Eric Mangini back in NE is some capacity since Jim Harbaugh's staff has been dismantled now? I can't understand why? SpyGate SmyGate; Tomato Tamato.  haha

I could see OC Josh McDaniels been interviewed for the 49ers job especially if the Patriots get to & win the SB. Josh deserves another shot at coaching. He's pretty sharp offensively. 

Part of me hopes that DC Todd Bowles stays with AZ 1 more year because with that defense & secondary & a healthy Carson Palmer, the Cardinals could make a SB run in 2015. 

I've heard our own OC Pep Hamilton mentioned a few times on TV for coaching openings, but I hope he decides to remain in INDY with Andrew Luck since they work so well together. 

Besides, learning new schemes & playbooks slows things down & messes with a QB's head. 

I think janitor is the only position in a football stadium that Bill hasn't made look like a football coach. The Pats assistant application should have 2 blanks for 2 signatures. The first should say "I will not help you cheat then turn you in for it." The second "I will give you a million dollars of my multimillion dollar contract that the most desperate team will give me in 2 years."

No, Shane meant as DC not HC brother. That's how I interpreted what he said anyway. 

I would love seeing Freeman, Whalen, Philips, & Mathis running around like possessed demons on the field. It would be so awesome! Rex is a brilliant defensive mind. 

Rex needs the limelight IMO  Head Coach somewhere with Rob as DC....at least it would be fun to watch.  :)

I don't know. Rex never had a franchise stud named Luck on the offense who can score TDs once the D gives him the ball back. Mark Sanchez & Geno Smith are not exactly franchise QBs. 

But, I could see Rex Ryan in Chicago since his daddy Buddy was DC during the 85 SB season though. It makes sense. 

What makes you think that Manusky is going anywhere?

What, no one suggested that Bill Belichick should hire Eric Mangini back in NE is some capacity since Jim Harbaugh's staff has been dismantled now? I can't understand why? SpyGate SmyGate; Tomato Tamato.  haha

I could see OC Josh McDaniels been interviewed for the 49ers job especially if the Patriots get to & win the SB. Josh deserves another shot at coaching. He's pretty sharp offensively. 

Part of me hopes that DC Todd Bowles stays with AZ 1 more year because with that defense & secondary & a healthy Carson Palmer, the Cardinals could make a SB run in 2015. 

I've heard our own OC Pep Hamilton mentioned a few times on TV for coaching openings, but I hope he decides to remain in INDY with Andrew Luck since they work so well together. 

Besides, learning new schemes & playbooks slows things down & messes with a QB's head. 

If Pep goes, I feel he should coach at the NCAA level first.  Then we move Chud to OC with Assistant Head Coach duties as well.

I agree with you about the Niners. As for the Raiders, I like Carr too but the Raiders are the Raiders. You never know what to expect from them.

The expectation will be to win now (with the Niners). There will be a lot of pressure on the new coach to match Harbaugh's success. If he does win, fans and media will say he won with Harbaugh's team. So, I don't think it is the best job for a new coach. A coach who is promoted from within may be the best option for the Niners (maybe Vic Fangio). The team may then be able to keep many of the current assistants to maintain continuity. What are you hearing?

I like the Falcons job best. I like the Bears one too but only without Cutler. I could see Rex in Chicago.

What kind of head coaching candidate would be afraid of high expectations? The Niners easily have the most talented roster of any team that has a vacancy right now, and a bunch of hungry vets who can still play quality football.

And I don't think any coach would care about the "he won with Harbaugh's team" junk. Winning is winning. 

Siblings on the same squad spells disaster to me. Mike & Kyle Shanahan tried being on the same Skins team & it didn't work out too well. Plus, can you really yell & go after your own flesh & blood on the same sidelines? 

Nope. I don't see this unfolding at all personally because you can't be objective when it comes to settling brotherly disagreements. JMO. 

you misinterpreted what i said. i meant he will have company on the job queue as they will both be fired.

Siblings on the same squad spells disaster to me. Mike & Kyle Shanahan tried being on the same Skins team & it didn't work out too well. Plus, can you really yell & go after your own flesh & blood on the same sidelines?

Nope. I don't see this unfolding at all personally because you can't be objective when it comes to settling brotherly disagreements. JMO.

Mike is Kyles dad