Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton says he has no plans to retire

RockThatBlue

The only way this season is a decline for Peyton Manning is if you compare it to last season..when the broke most NFL single season passing records...

What's changed? Look at the 2103 schedule and look at the 2104 schedule. AFC East. NFC West.

He is ranked the 25th Qb over the last 4 games. I don't believe he was ever ranked that low except may his first or second year in the league ...

a.m.

I think you know Ive seen every game....

To say the other 3 quarters were Brutal is a wild exaggeration...

Critics point to wobbly passes...Jay Cutler throws perfect spirals. They're beautiful. You should see 'em.

Lets be accurate.

Denver lost at Concy because they gave up 200 yards rushing and special team gave up 200 yards..Barth missed a makebale field goal

AND Manning threw 4 interceptions......I know you saw the game

You are making the mistake of jumping all over the last thing you saw..

Peyton Manning leads the league in TD passes and his team is 11-4. Is it unusual for a QB to pass poorly in the rain. (and throw for 300)? When you looked at the Broncos schedule, didnt you think a late December road game at Cincinatti was a potential loss?

You had the Broncos finishing 11-5 right? Without the TE for the last 5-6 weeks and their top linebacker all year...they are 11-4.

Peyton has not been in decline since the Rams game. Did you see the Miami win. Or the San Diego win?

Admit it. We (and I use that term loosely) have 'retired' Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning this season...At last report all

were thriving. ..and NE reporters actually asked Dollar Bill Belichik who he was going to start in week 5...?

Did you think Tom Brady was in decline then?. Nobody with any sense did. Same is true now

Mark, look at his first 8 games and compare to the last 7. There is a big drop off and that is not an exaggeration. How much of that is Manning vs his team and injuries, not sure. But he has not looked good throwing the ball for almost two months now ... as always time will tell.

He is ranked the 25th Qb over the last 4 games. I don't believe he was ever ranked that low except may his first or second year in the league ...

2010 vs Pats, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles. Remember he threw 13 ints in a span of 5 weeks.

Remember the quote, "People keep asking me if I'm in a slump. I guess that just means I've been on a 13 year hitting streak." Or something to that nature.

2010 vs Pats, Chargers, Cowboys, Eagles. Remember he threw 13 ints in a span of 5 weeks.

Remember the quote, "People keep asking me if I'm in a slump. I guess that just means I've been on a 13 year hitting streak." Or something to that nature.

Yes, that was a great quote.  ;)

Injury is possible as we did learn after 2010 that his neck was hurt and then he had the surgeries the following off-season. I also think it is possible that this Denver team is deteriorating around him. The Oline is not good. His receivers are dinged up or playing soft and the defense is inconsistent. The STs are dreadful too. 

Ha. I love that quote. My favorite Manning one was from last year when he had just beat the Chargers and they asked him post-game if he was thinking about retirement soon and he said, "Right now I am thinking about putting a Bud Light in my mouth." Awesome. :)

I can be critical of both Peyton and Brady.  You salivate over Brady with such extreme bias and bash Peyton.  At least I'm consistent and fair.

You're hardly ever critical of anything Brady does.  You make excuses for him all the time, blaming the O-line or his WR's or defense.

Learn to be objective and not a Green Teamer homer.  You're not on the Pats' payroll.  So it's pointless to throw yourself in front of Brady like you're his Secret Service or acting like some Patriots' P.R. person.

So you have what 200 posts? Been a member how long, a couple of months? Have you even looked at my posting history? I have been critical of the Pats. In fact, I was critical of the Pats just this week  - both their offensive and defensive game plans vs the Jets stunk IMO.  I have been critical of Brady as well especially the first four games of the season when he looked atrocious. His pick vs the Jets on Sunday was awful. One of his worst plays of the season and could have cost us the game if not for the D and STs stepping up. Might want to check posting history before you post ... just a thought.

So you have what 200 posts? Been a member how long, a couple of months? Have you even looked at my posting history? I have been critical of the Pats. In fact, I was critical of the Pats just this week  - both their offensive and defensive game plans vs the Jets stunk IMO.  I have been critical of Brady as well especially the first four games of the season when he looked atrocious. His pick vs the Jets on Sunday was awful. One of his worst plays of the season and could have cost us the game if not for the D and STs stepping up. Might want to check posting history before you post ... just a thought.

Please. He is too busy feeling superior because he "calls it like it is" even though his posts are full of one fallacy after another ...

Illegal procedure penalty there, MJD. If you only pick certain games,. Mark Sanchez is top-10..

Cant cherry pick stats..If you only include the 3rd quarter at Cincy, Manning is No.1.

But you cant do that. and be accurate. You cant pick and choose which quarters or games you judge.

Illegal procedure penalty there, MJD. If you only pick certain games,. Mark Sanchez is top-10..

Cant cherry pick stats..If you only include the 3rd quarter at Cincy, Manning is No.1.

But you cant do that. and be accurate. You cant pick and choose which quarters or games you judge.

But isn't what we are discussing his potential decline? His rating over the last four games is a decent sample size to look at I think when trying to evaluate his current form.

But isn't what we are discussing his potential decline? His rating over the last four games is a decent sample size to look at I think when trying to evaluate his current form.

WE are...but...

You can not use short sample size to judge potential decline if you wish to be accurate.

Andrew Luck is 20th over the last 4 weeks..I don't think anyone suggests Andrew Luck is in decline..

With older players..we seem to presume a premise and then look to prove it..Brady was 'in decline' after week 4 this year, right?

WE are...but...

You can not use short sample size to judge potential decline if you wish to be accurate.

Andrew Luck is 20th over the last 4 weeks..I don't think anyone suggests Andrew Luck is in decline..

With older players..we seem to presume a premise and then look to prove it..Brady was 'in decline' after week 4 this year, right?

Sure, we are looking for indicators. No one is saying for sure. With Brady it turned out to be more of his offensive line coming together and his receivers playing better along with his own improvements. We have yet to see with Manning what it is. Might be his team, his coaching or a potential decline. His ratings the last four games have been among the worst of his career ...

Sure, we are looking for indicators. No one is saying for sure. With Brady it turned out to be more of his offensive line coming together and his receivers playing better along with his own improvements. We have yet to see with Manning what it is. Might be his team, his coaching or a potential decline. His ratings the last four games have been among the worst of his career ...

all Im saying is: so have Andrew Luck's.....so were Tom Brady's fist four...we do 'First Take' snap judgments

..you're right..we have to wait and see and not write a legacyy after each game.

We do this with Manning all the time. He washed up after his first four games in his first year in Denver.

With a young player..the question doesn't even come up, right?

all Im saying is: so have Andrew Luck's.....so were Tom Brady's fist four...we do 'First Take' snap judgments

..you're right..we have to wait and see and not write a legacyy after each game.

We do this with Manning all the time. He washed up after his first four games in his first year in Denver.

With a young player..the question doesn't even come up, right?

I have questions about Luck. A lot of questions actually. Not sure he is the QB that you all seem to think he is.

But I think with Manning, his age combined with his injury history makes a decline more probable. 

I have questions about Luck. A lot of questions actually. Not sure he is the QB that you all seem to think he is.

But I think with Manning, his age combined with his injury history makes a decline more probable.

Sure it does..because everyone gets old. If you 'predict' every week that I will die. One day you'll be right.

Is soft logic. It has to happen eventually.

What you say about Andrew Luck is a valid opinion but you're still not hearing what you're saying.

You have questions about Luck but you don't think hes in decline.

We ONLY do that with old players..because its an easy explaination....and we only pick the games we wish to to prove our points.

I'll prove it to you.

If I make you look at Peyton Manning's last 34 games (a number I selected from whole cloth specifically to prove my point) Manning is not only at the peak of his game but number one all time in the NFL...

But 34 games is no more valid than 4 with a guy who's played 300 games, is it? ..

See what I mean?

If Brady had another game where he gets blown out by 40 points like against K.C, no one would be saying anything about how he's still the greatest quarterback ever.

I didn't forget months ago when that happened and everyone was going nuts over the backup quarterback.

Why can't this be a product of Manning's line? He was kept pretty clean in the third and did well. Then in the fourth quarter #94, I believe it was him, hit Peyton almost every play. The RT was a turnstile.

Everyone is just looking for something just like they did with Brady.

I think the best explanation is a 38 year old quarterback. Even then he is still one of the best three or four playing the position.

Why can't this be a product of Manning's line? He was kept pretty clean in the third and did well. Then in the fourth quarter #94, I believe it was him, hit Peyton almost every play. The RT was a turnstile.

Everyone is just looking for something just like they did with Brady.

I think the best explanation is a 38 year old quarterback. Even then he is still one of the best three or four playing the position.

I agree with this. His Oline play has been awful going back to the Rams game. He may be declining but not enough that he should retire.

Sure it does..because everyone gets old. If you 'predict' every week that I will die. One day you'll be right.

Is soft logic. It has to happen eventually.

What you say about Andrew Luck is a valid opinion but you're still not hearing what you're saying.

You have questions about Luck but you don't think hes in decline.

We ONLY do that with old players..because its an easy explaination....and we only pick the games we wish to to prove our points.

I'll prove it to you.

If I make you look at Peyton Manning's last 34 games (a number I selected from whole cloth specifically to prove my point) Manning is not only at the peak of his game but number one all time in the NFL...

But 34 games is no more valid than 4 with a guy who's played 300 games, is it? ..

See what I mean?

I don't disagree with any of this. But when an older Qb starts to decline it happens pretty rapidly. I think 4-7 game sample is fair game that it may be happening. We will see how it plays out. His team is not playing very well around him. That can't be denied either.

He's chasing that elusive ring #2 even though we know he's clearly not going to get it.

The Broncos peaked way too early in the season. Those bad wobbly balls have finally caught up with him. It's amazing to me how all these QB's who refuse to give it up, yet Favre is the only one I have ever seen that can still launch beautiful bombs at age 40.

Can't say he's not getting paid though with those mega numbers and all those pizza parlors and advertisement endorsement deals. In the least bit, that should make people happy since they love watching millionaire athletes make bank. If there is one thing he loves more than stat padding, it's money. And what you learn at a young about this country is, money is power. People like men with money, oh yes they do!

At the end of the day, he's still the king of the regular season. By that I mean, he will still win 10 games next year and shoot up his stats against meaningless opponents that are terrible in the secondary. Given as overrated as the AFC West is with San Diego and Kansas City, I highly doubt they will have much of a challenge again next year. The Chargers are the same story every year; win some, lose some, look god awful sometimes, and barely decent half the time. The Chiefs live and die from Andy Reid's atrocious play calling trying to turn Alex Smith into McNabb, and refusing to run the ball when you have one of the best rushers in the league.

Remember, this year both K.C. and S.D. were supposed to give him a tough time. Both of them laid down when it mattered.

Denver is not going away no matter how bad he looks. Unlike Favre, he went to another team that had a horrible division he could easily dominate, as we know, the Colts have benefited for over a decade now for having to play in the sorriest division of the NFL. Don't come ranting at me for saying that, you know it's true when the Texans for two seasons were the only real competition they've had. That rare Vince Young 13-3 Tennessee team doesn't count.

My criticism of Brady has always been that he has to have good-great Oline play or he is sunk.  The proof is the beginning of this year.  Oth, Luck has to play every season with Oline play like that and he drags his teams to the playoffs. But then again, I wouldn't like Brady no matter who he played for, so I'm not very objective.

He's chasing that elusive ring #2 even though we know he's clearly not going to get it.

The Broncos peaked way too early in the season. Those bad wobbly balls have finally caught up with him. It's amazing to me how all these QB's who refuse to give it up, yet Favre is the only one I have ever seen that can still launch beautiful bombs at age 40.

Can't say he's not getting paid though with those mega numbers and all those pizza parlors and advertisement endorsement deals. In the least bit, that should make people happy since they love watching millionaire athletes make bank. If there is one thing he loves more than stat padding, it's money. And what you learn at a young about this country is, money is power. People like men with money, oh yes they do!

At the end of the day, he's still the king of the regular season. By that I mean, he will still win 10 games next year and shoot up his stats against meaningless opponents that are terrible in the secondary. Given as overrated as the AFC West is with San Diego and Kansas City, I highly doubt they will have much of a challenge again next year. The Chargers are the same story every year; win some, lose some, look god awful sometimes, and barely decent half the time. The Chiefs live and die from Andy Reid's atrocious play calling trying to turn Alex Smith into McNabb, and refusing to run the ball when you have one of the best rushers in the league.

Remember, this year both K.C. and S.D. were supposed to give him a tough time. Both of them laid down when it mattered.

Denver is not going away no matter how bad he looks. Unlike Favre, he went to another team that had a horrible division he could easily dominate, as we know, the Colts have benefited for over a decade now for having to play in the sorriest division of the NFL. Don't come ranting at me for saying that, you know it's true when the Texans for two seasons were the only real competition they've had. That rare Vince Young 13-3 Tennessee team doesn't count.

If he wanted to go to a horrible division he would have went to the nfc south.

If Brady had another game where he gets blown out by 40 points like against K.C, no one would be saying anything about how he's still the greatest quarterback ever.

I didn't forget months ago when that happened and everyone was going nuts over the backup quarterback.

Even Brady had 5 games like that, he would still be in the discussion with what he has done so far in his career.

Brady, Manning, Montana, Elway, Unitas, Marino will always be in the discussion and NOT Brees.