Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco 'Guarantees' They'll Beat Pats...

sportsworld33

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! You obviously don't know what the heck you're talking about ... Denver's D last year was not good at all and the only way they were able to win was because of the offense . Denver's D was ranked in the 20's last year and the pass D wasn't that good . This year's team is by far better than last year's team .. Heck I even think the 2012 squad was better than last year's team. I don't get caught up in the flashy offensive numbers because that means NOTHING to me . Defense wins championships period and it was proven last season in the Super Bowl . I'd rather Denver be more of a complete team than one sided and Manning can't do it alone he needs help the guy is 38 and time isn't on his side . I like the way Denver has been winning as of late because they are showing they don't have to depend on Manning . Just like the Colts of 06 the running and D helped Manning and somewhat carried him . This is what Denver is trying to do for manning just like they did for Elway.

You sound concerned for your team.  You are trying your best to block out all the people talking about Manning's health, his diminishing passing skills, his throwing up more and more ducks every week, almost getting knocked out by a block, his IV at half time, his food poisoning or the flu, his offense not being an explosive passing game, the Broncos' bringing in Richie Incognito out of desperation etc.

And the Broncos are not the 2012 Ravens.  So please don't compare the Ravens' 2012 super bowl winning team on their emotional high with Ray Lewis announcing his retirement going out on top with the 2014 sputtering Broncos.  The Ravens had the mentality and toughness to go into NE and beat the Pats.  Peyton has shown with the Colts and Broncos he can't go into NE and beat the Patriots, not in almost 10 years.  The Ravens also in 2012 didn't have to desperately rearrange the offense and fundamentally change it mid season to cover and hide Peyton's weakness of playing in the cold and other mental and physical concerns where as the Ravens already had the same offensive line and game plan in place with Ray Rice at RB, and Boldin and Smith at WR all season.

Your Broncos team has problems.

You sound concerned for your team. You are trying your best to block out all the people talking about Manning's health, his diminishing passing skills, his throwing up more and more ducks every week, almost getting knocked out by a block, his IV at half time, his food poisoning or the flu, his offense not being an explosive passing game, the Broncos' bringing in Richie Incognito out of desperation etc.

And the Broncos are not the 2012 Ravens. So please don't compare the Ravens' 2012 super bowl winning team on their emotional high with Ray Lewis announcing his retirement going out on top with the 2014 sputtering Broncos. The Ravens had the mentality and toughness to go into NE and beat the Pats. Peyton has shown with the Colts and Broncos he can't go into NE and beat the Patriots, not in almost 10 years. The Ravens also in 2012 didn't have to desperately rearrange the offense and fundamentally change it mid season to cover and hide Peyton's weakness of playing in the cold and other mental and physical concerns where as the Ravens already had the same offensive line and game plan in place with Ray Rice at RB, and Boldin and Smith at WR all season.

. Where did he compare the 12 ravens and the 14 broncos?

Edited by Nadine
personal shot

If Denver faces the Pats at Foxboro, he will need a 4 TD game ...

What makes you assume that ? I've seen playoff games where the Patriots were held under 20 points like vs Baltimore 2 years ago , Denver last year , Ravens a few years ago I mean what if it's a defensive battle ? Or Brady has a bad game . Anything can happen ...

You sound concerned for your team.  You are trying your best to block out all the people talking about Manning's health, his diminishing passing skills, his throwing up more and more ducks every week, almost getting knocked out by a block, his IV at half time, his food poisoning or the flu, his offense not being an explosive passing game, the Broncos' bringing in Richie Incognito out of desperation etc.

And the Broncos are not the 2012 Ravens.  So please don't compare the Ravens' 2012 super bowl winning team on their emotional high with Ray Lewis announcing his retirement going out on top with the 2014 sputtering Broncos.  The Ravens had the mentality and toughness to go into NE and beat the Pats.  Peyton has shown with the Colts and Broncos he can't go into NE and beat the Patriots, not in almost 10 years.  The Ravens also in 2012 didn't have to desperately rearrange the offense and fundamentally change it mid season to cover and hide Peyton's weakness of playing in the cold and other mental and physical concerns where as the Ravens already had the same offensive line and game plan in place with Ray Rice at RB, and Boldin and Smith at WR all season.

Wow. I have no words for your post I'm ending the conversation .

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 17, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 17, 2014 - quoting removed post

is reading comprehension something you normally struggle with? Where did he compare the 12 ravens and the 14 broncos?

I'm a woman lol but I yeah I don't think he gets it . I'm done with him

what else does your crystal ball say? That statement is ridiculous. If the broncos rush for four tds the score is the same on the scoreboard

lol. They will not rush for anything close to that. Manning threw for 400 yards last time and they still got crushed. If he can't at least duplicate that then they may lose worse.

What makes you assume that ? I've seen playoff games where the Patriots were held under 20 points like vs Baltimore 2 years ago , Denver last year , Ravens a few years ago I mean what if it's a defensive battle ? Or Brady has a bad game . Anything can happen ...

Brady averages 30+ points a game every time he faces Del Rio with last years AFCCG being the only exception. He has had historic playoff games vs Del Rio, check 2008 divisional round vs the Jags. And this year Brady has the number one offense behind him ...

Or just do what they did last January

Not the same team. They don't have that type of explosiveness on O anymore and Brady won't be throwing to Matthew Slater and Austin Collie this time around.  Oh and no Talib to go out injured either .... he is Denver's issue now with his leg injuries creeping up as they always seem to do this time of year.

Not the same team. They don't have that type of explosiveness on O anymore and Brady won't be throwing to Matthew Slater and Austin Collie this time around.  Oh and no Talib to go out injured either .... he is Denver's issue now with his leg injuries creeping up as they always seem to do this time of year.

Bingo. Night and day from last season. Talibs hammy is tender and it isn't going away. The Patriots are much better on both sides of the ball this time around. I'm not sure Denver even makes the AFCCG.

.Where did he compare the 12 ravens and the 14 broncos?

My post was for Cnr324 who I quoted in my post above at post #82.  And she compared the Ravens in 2012 to the Broncos this year as if they're both similar teams or can do similar things if they go to NE...

Difference was all the Pats really had in the secondary in 2012 and 2013 was Talib and he got injured in the first quarter in both AFC title games and after that the Pats' secondary was a mess.  Now in 2014 the Pats have a legit deep secondary with talent.  We saw Kyle Arrington leave the game the other day vs the Dolphins with a hamstring injury and right away the Pats put in another CB to take his place with no problem...

Pats secondary at CB...

Revis

Browner

Ryan

Arrington

Butler

Dennard

Safety...

McCourty

Chung

Ebner

Harmon

Wilson

My post was for Cnr324 who I quoted in my post above at post #82. And she compared the Ravens in 2012 to the Broncos this year as if they're both similar teams or can do similar things if they go to NE...

Difference was all the Pats really had in the secondary in 2012 and 2013 was Talib and he got injured in the first quarter in both AFC title games and after that the Pats' secondary was a mess. Now in 2014 the Pats have a legit deep secondary with talent. We saw Kyle Arrington leave the game the other day vs the Dolphins with a hamstring injury and right away the Pats put in another CB to take his place with no problem...

Pats secondary at CB...

Revis

Browner

Ryan

Arrington

Butler

Dennard

Safety...

McCourty

Chung

Ebner

Harmon

Wilson

please explain where she compared the broncos and the ravens

Alex Smith and the chiefs hung 43 on the patriots. Pretty sure its possible

Yes, with no Browner.  And the Pats' offensive line was one of the worst in the entire NFL in it's first 4 games of the season.

lol @ comparing this current Pats team to the Pats' team at the beginning of the season who had no identity and started off extremely slow.

please explain where she compared the broncos and the ravens

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 17, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 17, 2014 - quoting removed post

jvan is this when you start running to the mods reporting people when you get frustrated when people stand up to you?

All of a sudden I start getting warning posts and IM's from the administrators. lol :D

i don't report anything ever. But I'm guessing this post won't do you any favors either

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 17, 2014 - talking about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, December 17, 2014 - talking about moderation

I've actually gotten warning points and IM's from administrators before for debating here and no foul language was used, no politics, no religion, no inflammatory language at all...... they called it: "Baiting Colts fans."  lol  And actually all I did was disagree with Colts fans and have a different opinion.  

every team can be beat. it doesn't mean the teams are comparable

But she compared the teams and the two scenarios...

no, she mentioned multiple scenarios all of which could happen and have zero to do with the 2012 ravens

And yet she mentions the 2012 Ravens  :D

Denver is running the ball like crazy right now. If they keep that up in the playoffs and are near the goal line, they will run it in most likely.

Denver isn't running the ball because they like to or to show off a "balanced attack."  They have to run the ball out of desperation now because their passing game is a shell of itself from earlier in the season because of some problems which would be Peyton's health mentally or physically and their WR's and TE's being banged up.

If Peyton was healthy and their passing game was on point we know damn well the Broncos would be trying to throw the ball all over the Chargers last sunday.  But here's the thing, they tried to throw the ball around indoors on turf against the Rams and it didn't work.

Denver isn't running the ball because they like to or to show off a "balanced attack."  They have to run the ball out of desperation now because their passing game is a shell of itself from earlier in the season because of some problems which would be Peyton's health mentally or physically and their WR's and TE's being banged up.

If Peyton was healthy and their passing game was on point we know damn well the Broncos would be trying to throw the ball all over the Chargers last sunday.  But here's the thing, they tried to throw the ball around indoors on turf against the Rams and it didn't work.

I don't disagree with you. Still doesn't change the fact that they will probably run it in the endzone in the playoffs.