Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buffalo (+10) @ Denver (12-7-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Manning underthrow/pick. 3 turnovers for DEN. 

Actually had a pick six earlier negated by a penalty. Unless they're worried about Anderson's health they should run first pass second. Halfway through the year I never thought I'd say that. Manning has been average to bad the last 4 weeks. Certainly bad by the standards he's set. That noodle is brutal.

Another Manning underthrow/pick. 3 turnovers for DEN. 

Actually had a pick six earlier negated by a penalty. Unless they're worried about Anderson's health they should run first pass second. Halfway through the year I never thought I'd say that.

Must be the day for picks how many did Luck have :???: :dunno:

Peyton is playing like S * * T

He's the reason it was a game last week.....kept the other team in it. He's pretty clearly not the QB he was.

The rest of the DEN team has come along though where as long as Peyton doesn't screw it up they have a shot of winning games. The run game is key and they're not using it. Peyton needs to stop these mid-long range throws and just stick to the short stuff unless absolutely necessary.

Hard to hit someone that gets rid of the ball as quick as he does. :thmup:  Wish Luck would do that more instead of taking all those hits.

True. I admire Luck being willing to stand there in the pocket, but sometimes you just got to get rid of the ball.

Do you think something is up with Manning? His throws have looked good for a few weeks now and now this focus on running.

Sorry, I know you're patiently waiting his deterioration for a couple weeks now, but I think they want to get the running game rolling for the playoffs.

Do you think something is up with Manning? His throws have looked good for a few weeks now and now this focus on running.

Getting the run game going is the best thing Denver can do.

Manning has definitely regressed this season, so it's even more important they get all the kinks of the run game worked out for the playoffs. Even if Manning were on fire like his usual self it would still be in Denver's best interest to try running it more.

If Denver gets the run game to carry in to the playoffs, and Manning stops throwing dumb ducks down the field, they have a good shot at a SB. Grind it out on the ground and short Pennington passes are what Denver should stick with. Manning's long arm is just too unreliable and just as likely to be picked as it is to be a completion.

Well hello everyone said you have to have a running game and now that they have a running game people think there is something wrong with Manning since he's not passing more. Geeze can't please everyone I guess. :sarcasm:  At least he can't get blamed for running up his stats. haha

Well hello everyone said you have to have a running game and now that they have a running game people think there is something wrong with Manning since he's not passing more. Geeze can't please everyone I guess. :sarcasm:  At least he can't get blamed for running up his stats. haha

Well they do need to run more, in part because Manning can't reliably go long. The other part being they can't be one dimensional as that gets you killed in the playoffs when teams can stop the pass.

Denver needs the short passing game and run game to supplement each other. The long ball needs to be a last resort, because he just can't do it reliably well anymore. That doesn't mean he can't throw a great long ball every now and then, but just as often it wobbles, quacks, and writhes like a duck and the receiver has to wait for it or it's an INT.

I don't like this new offense.  They have no rhythm.

Wasn't pretty...but everybody asked them not to throw so much against 6 and 7 in the secondary..

That's what they did today......The Thomas' are playing hurt and Sanders kept getting knocked out..Latimer is inactive..Burse was

released....(a move I still don't get)

..so they ran the ball and won. 10-3

Getting the run game going is the best thing Denver can do.

Manning has definitely regressed this season, so it's even more important they get all the kinks of the run game worked out for the playoffs. Even if Manning were on fire like his usual self it would still be in Denver's best interest to try running it more.

If Denver gets the run game to carry in to the playoffs, and Manning stops throwing dumb ducks down the field, they have a good shot at a SB. Grind it out on the ground and short Pennington passes are what Denver should stick with. Manning's long arm is just too unreliable and just as likely to be picked as it is to be a completion.

Everybody's playing them to throw...and daring them to run, Moose..

..and Buffalo leads the NFL in sacks...

What you're seeing opposed to last year is that Demver is facing tougher teams than they did in 2013

Everybody's playing them to throw...and daring them to run, Moose..

That's true, but the defense they're playing as far as coverage goes has nothing to do with the quality of Manning's throws. They're just off.

All the more reason Denver needs to be able to run when teams are daring them to, because you need to be able to play to both.

Well they do need to run more, in part because Manning can't reliably go long. The other part being they can't be one dimensional as that gets you killed in the playoffs when teams can stop the pass.

Denver needs the short passing game and run game to supplement each other. The long ball needs to be a last resort, because he just can't do it reliably well anymore. That doesn't mean he can't throw a great long ball every now and then, but just as often it wobbles, quacks, and writhes like a duck and the receiver has to wait for it or it's an INT.

Agree ^^^^