Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Help at RB

BProland85

Zurlon Tipton, bench Richardson and play Tipton, as long as Richardson plays were doomed.

Richardson has saved luck from many sacks this year, he is a very solid pass blocker... something Luck and the Colts need.   The Colts are a passing team now, a back has to do a lot more than just run.  Boom is a nice change and can hit holes TRich doesn't, but Boom has lost 3 fumbles in the last 2 games and a 4th we didn't lose, all on less than 20 carries.  Until Boom can fix this, he can't be trusted in our end of the field. Tipton looked ok in preseason but is an unknown when they play for keeps.  he may get a few more looks now, especially if Boom fumbles again.

All I'm saying is if the Redskins can bench Griffin after selling their souls to get him, why can't we bench a RB we only gave up a 1st for? We need a no nonsense coach like Gruden & Tomlin. Pagano is TOO nice.

Sure Nicks & Richardson are getting snaps taken from them, but that's still hurting the team when they come in and do NOTHING. 3rd and 8's cause Richardson comes in and gets his 2 yards. That's not helping us!

If Nick's & Richardson continue to play, the games gonna be on Andrew's shoulders. And as we saw last year...... 7ints in 2 playoff games were the result.

We need a firm coach that'll bench those 2. Not take their snaps away piece by piece

We don't bench Trent because we still need Trent.

Boom is #1.    Trent is #2.   

We still need him.    Trent still does things like receiving and pass blocking very well.    We need him.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Pags being too nice.

This is not that hard to understand.....

Maybe Pagano is not overly concerned because they are planning on making this a 3 headed monster like I've been saying for some weeks now.  I think we'll get what we need yardage/time of possesion wise with Tipton and Herron, and then you can still keep Richardson in the mix for whoever has blocking/fumbling issues.  Plus every now and then Richardson will have a 65 to 77 yard game.  We can get the best of all 3 worlds.  With the way things have been going it only takes Herron about 8 to 12 carries a game to get close to 100 yards any way.  Why not add a third back into the mix?

I'm not saying we should go out and sign Ray Rice, but does anyone know who else is out there we could bring in for our playoff run? I fear we could have an early exit again because we cannot run the ball consistently and Boom isn't the answer.

I hate to say this, but this Richardson deal has set the Colts back a full year. They may have gone further in the playoffs last year had they been able to run the ball. We can't keep putting all this pressure on Luck.

Why isn't Boom the answer because he wasn't a high draft pick?

And according to Chuck Pagano....... Trent Richardson is doing a fine job

@KBowenColts: Pagano on Trent Richardson: “I have no level of concern with how he’s playing… some days it’s going to be like that."

I'm glad the coaching staff is still high on Richardson like me!  It doesn't matter what I or anybody else on this forum thinks.  We are all just talking heads!  Pagano and Grigson wears the daddy patch, so the fans can keep complaining, and I will keep wearing my Richardson jersey proudly :)

I'm glad the coaching staff is still high on Richardson like me! It doesn't matter what I or anybody else on this forum thinks. We are all just talking heads! Pagano and Grigson wears the daddy patch, so the fans can keep complaining, and I will keep wearing my Richardson jersey proudly :)

You're definitely high on something

Richardson has saved luck from many sacks this year, he is a very solid pass blocker... something Luck and the Colts need.   The Colts are a passing team now, a back has to do a lot more than just run.  Boom is a nice change and can hit holes TRich doesn't, but Boom has lost 3 fumbles in the last 2 games and a 4th we didn't lose, all on less than 20 carries.  Until Boom can fix this, he can't be trusted in our end of the field. Tipton looked ok in preseason but is an unknown when they play for keeps.  he may get a few more looks now, especially if Boom fumbles again.

So your saying Boom isn't the next AP?  I swear by reading other comments it would be that big of an upgrade to totally ditch Trent and give 100% of the carries to Boom. 

I am very excited about this young talented back, but he has many flaws.  1.  Fumbles  2.  Recognizing Blitzes  3.  Picking up Blitzes  I don't see Trent with any of these problems really.  He just is a little slow and can't squeeze through tight holes. 

Trust me if the holes opened up like it does for true power house run teams like some old school smashmouth run teams, then I'm sure Trent would be able to make it through.  I don't believe he is blind.  Maybe not have the best vision, but he does have eyes.  Most people think he is running with his eyes closed doing a 2 step dance in the backfield.

The NFL is full of HUGE EGO's...  

they have tried to save face with T Rich.    BUT it was not a bad trade.    Cleveland payed 80% of dudes money.    Indy is not on the hook for anything of notice.     It's a wash.        Half of first rounders never make it anyway.    At least Indy got something out of dude.   And he is a serviceable 3rd down back.     But he cannot hit a hole to save his life.

We threw away a number 1 draft choice on a guy with free agent skills. But it wasn't a bad trade?