Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Building the Monster Draft

This draft really helps build the monster, as it adds talent and size to the trenches on both sides...

Round 2 Pick 3 (T.B.): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (B+)
Round 2 Pick 20: Lorenzo Mauldin, DE, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (DEN): Josue Matias, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 20: Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 30 (DEN): Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss (B+)
Round 4 Pick 20: Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford (A)
Round 5 Pick 20: Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 6 Pick 20: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (A-)
Round 6 Pick 25: Malcolm Brown, RB, Texas (A)
Round 7 Pick 20: Desmond Hollin, DT, Florida State (C-)

Pretty realistic as to the players we might go after. They all serve needs. Shelton is a need since Chapman isn't the dominant NT we need to make this defense run. Mauldin gives us even more pass rush for the post Mathis era. Matias is a big tough OG who can take over at RG since Thornton is not progressing. Greene would be a great 3rd WR for the Colts. He could be wide or in the slot. Golson would be played at FS, not CB. We like bigger CBs, and Golson could be the next Tyrann Mathieu. Richards competes for the starting SS spot with Brown and allows us to release Landry. Thompson could be the RT of the future and could allow us to release Cherilus in 2016.  

The only thing we would need to sign in FA with this draft is another big CB, and maybe a RB if Bradshaw leaves.

I like Shelton too, but he probably wont get out of the 1st round. What do we trade to get Denver's picks in the 2nd and 3rd? You didn't really explain that.

I traded the Colts 1st rounder for two 2nd rounders, both of which were mid to early 2nds, and then traded the mid 2nd to Denver for their 2nd, 3rd round picks.

The trades on these draft websites are positively, absolutely, almost ALWAYS ridiculous.

I'm not attacking any poster.     All I'm saying is the people who run these websites have no idea -- NONE -- what is a proper or likely trade. 

And then they get their hopes up high hoping for a trade that has no chance of happening. 

When these websites program garbage in,  then it's garbage out at the end....

Sorry to be so harsh,  but there it is.......