Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions will not fine or suspend Lions Raiola

B~Town

So why do you think that is? Solely a function of ESPN?

Personally, I think Belichick makes it hard for people to like the team. He just comes across so dour at time and his PCs are brutal. We are used to him here but I can see how his demeanor and approach would make opposing fans dislike him and by extension the team.

Not sure. I think the whole spy-gate thing gave fans an excuse to dislike Belichick....even though they know it was way over blown. Seems like ever since then the media blows up inconsequential things he does.....his press conferences, his cut off hoody, how he shakes hands after games, etc.. All of it's silly, but it doesn't take much these days to raise fans ire.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yankees and Celtics won far more titles. Pittsburgh won 4 SB's in 6 years. Dallas 3 in 4 years. SF 3 in 6 years.Lakers had a good run. 

Lets stick with football. The Steelers and Dallas have never put together a winning stretch like the Patriots. Not even close. A SB is just one win. The Patriots win much, much more now than in the SB years. I would rather see them win a little less and get some more SB's but no team has ever won like the Patriots. Even more impressive is that it's in the salary cap era.  

Yankees and Celtics won far more titles. Pittsburgh won 4 SB's in 6 years. Dallas 3 in 4 years. SF 3 in 6 years.Lakers had a good run. 

Titles ok. But this 13 year run now going on 14 is unprecedented in the NFL. No team has won as many games every season as the Pats and they have the 3 titles on top ... and they have done in the hardest era, the FA/cap era, where the league is designed for every team to go 8-8 each year.

Not sure. I think the whole spy-gate thing gave fans an excuse to dislike Belichick....even though they know it was way over blown. Seems like ever since then the media blows up inconsequential things he does.....his press conferences, his cut off hoody, how he shakes hands after games, etc.. All of it's silly, but it doesn't take much these days to raise fans ire.

On that note, there was a story out of Pittsburg that Bill orchestrated Blount leaving. Told him to walk off the field so the Steelers would release him and also knew that every team would pass on him via waivers and then signed him. The conspiracy with this guy is endless ... but the suspicion is somewhat self-inflicted.

Titles ok. But this 13 year run now going on 14 is unprecedented in the NFL. No team has won as many games every season as the Pats and they have the 3 titles on top ... and they have done in the hardest era, the FA/cap era, where the league is designed for every team to go 8-8 each year.

Hard to keep up with you Tap and the rest. For years we talk about titles . Then we go a bunch of years where the Pats don't win one and all of a sudden the mark for excellence is consecutive good years. OK ... if we go by the standard of "consecutive good years when there is a salary cap" , you guys are the all time champs.

Oh ....and Tap added that we can only talk football , other sports don't count

Spygate has lost its luster. Everyone just based it on the amount of the fine. Now bigger ones have come along and everyone knows how erratic Goodell can be. There's no rime or reason. After all these years not one person has been able to lay out just how Spygate worked. Weird huh?

Hard to keep up with you Tap and the rest. For years we talk about titles . Then we go a bunch of years where the Pats don't win one and all of a sudden the mark for excellence is consecutive good years. OK ... if we go by the standard of "consecutive good years when there is a salary cap" , you guys are the all time champs.

Oh ....and Tap added that we can only talk football , other sports don't count

You may want to read the sixth sentence again.

Oh stop. 3 titles in four years has only been done one other time by the Cowboys and they did it with two different HCs. Bill is the only HC to have done it himself. And there is also the perfect regular season and most post-season wins all time. They (Bill and Brady) have set mark after mark for winning with division titles, conference championship wins and appearances, SB appearances and of course the best regular season percentage in the history of the game. To me that is more impressive than a 4th or 5th ring. But everyone has a different measuring stick.

Oh stop. 3 titles in four years has only been done one other time by the Cowboys and they did it with two different HCs. Bill is the only HC to have done it himself. And there is also the perfect regular season and most post-season wins all time. They (Bill and Brady) have set mark after mark for winning with division titles, conference championship wins and appearances, SB appearances and of course the best regular season percentage in the history of the game. To me that is more impressive than a 4th or 5th ring. But everyone has a different measuring stick.

Just keep me posted as to the standard of excellence we are going by. Bad that the Cowboys did that with different HC's . Huh ???? on that one. Also let's just urinate on Pitts 4 in 6 years. Is that not better than NE's 3 in the last 47 years ? Please keep coming with this .. it's really humorous . Plus this all backs up some ridiculous premise you Pat people have that NE is held to a different standard than the rest of the sports world. This is really getting funny. Please don't stop. 

Just keep me posted as to the standard of excellence we are going by. Bad that the Cowboys did that with different HC's . Huh ???? on that one. Also let's just urinate on Pitts 4 in 6 years. Is that not better than NE's 3 in the last 47 years ? Please keep coming with this .. it's really humorous . Plus this all backs up some ridiculous premise you Pat people have that NE is held to a different standard than the rest of the sports world. This is really getting funny. Please don't stop. 

No argument if you want to go by titles. I said that from the get go. But I think sustained excellence in the cap/FA is more impressive. All of the other's teams runs came before the cap/FA. I mean 3 titles is nothing to sneeze at either. Only Knoll has more than Bill.

No argument if you want to go by titles. I said that from the get go. But I think sustained excellence in the cap/FA is more impressive. All of the other's teams runs came before the cap/FA. I mean 3 titles is nothing to sneeze at either. Only Knoll has more than Bill.

I really don't have a problem with saying the Pats have been good and if "sustained excellence " is our barometer , then you win . But we do have to say no Yankees , no Celtics , no Lakers , no pre salary cap teams. Does that cover it all ? Now , let's say you win. What does it really have to do with this thread ? Oh... I remember .. you guys are prosecuted by the general public . C'mon... this is so stupid and lame. It really boarders the pathetic.

Yes, Sergio took to Twitter all day on Monday so he could tell the world how well he played even though his team lost.

Stand-up guy, for sure. 

The guy thought he covered Gronk well when it was his responsibility to do so. Big freakinn deal.. let's hang him by his ...s.

I really did work for years with people in Boston and this thread is so typical of how that fan base thinks. I still have a hole in my tongue from biting it on Monday mornings. 

I really don't have a problem with saying the Pats have been good and if "sustained excellence " is our barometer , then you win . But we do have to say no Yankees , no Celtics , no Lakers , no pre salary cap teams. Does that cover it all ? Now , let's say you win. What does it really have to do with this thread ? Oh... I remember .. you guys are prosecuted by the general public . C'mon... this is so stupid and lame. It really boarders the pathetic.

You seem rather salty today. What's wrong? I have not done it in a while but I think you are in desperate need of these:

:kitty:      :heart:    :dog:

All topped off with this - :cake: (I guessed you were a cake guy and not pie)

Who cares what he said, it wasn't the point.

If you're a Colts fan, you should care. 

All he did on Monday, in the aftermath of a very tough loss, was tout his own performance. Put Gronk "in straps," right? So it's OK if the Colts lost as long as he played a solid game? 

You seem rather salty today. What's wrong? I have not done it in a while but I think you are in desperate need of these:

:kitty:      :heart:    :dog:

All topped off with this - :cake: (I guessed you were a cake guy and not pie)

LOL. If you really want to know I had a hydrocele done Friday.  No joke....

All he did on Monday, in the aftermath of a very tough loss, was tout his own performance. Put Gronk "in straps," right? So it's OK if the Colts lost as long as he played a solid game? 

I mean.... are we grading these guys on their play or intelligence. If Gronk was all that smart . he would keep his tongue in his mouth a bit more.

The guy thought he covered Gronk well when it was his responsibility to do so. Big freakinn deal.. let's hang him by his ...s.

I really did work for years with people in Boston and this thread is so typical of how that fan base thinks. I still have a hole in my tongue from biting it on Monday mornings. 

Right because we're all horrible people. I get it.  :(

All I was saying is that the way he handled himself the day after was less than stellar. 

BTW I love Indiana. You gave us Larry Bird.

All I was saying is that the way he handled himself the day after was less than stellar. 

:omg:

I am sorry. I hope you are recovering well. At least you can take your frustrations out on us arrogant Bostonians. ;)

So you see .. you people really are a pain in the b....s

Excuse my while I throw my guts up.

So you don't appreciate textbook football execution? What I do when I don't like a team or player is make a conscious decision to watch the team or player minus my emotions and make an educated assessment of that team or player. You should try it. It will give you better perspective and increase your knowledge and enjoyment of the game. You'll look better on the forum as well. 

Naa .. not horrible people . Really just s few customers that annoyed me. BTW... I'm from Central NY and moved to CA. 

So you don't appreciate textbook football execution? What I do when I don't like a team or player is make a conscious decision to watch the team or player minus my emotions and make an educated assessment of that team or player. You should try it. It will give you better perspective and increase your knowledge and enjoyment of the game. You'll look better on the forum as well. 

BB is the best . Brady is still very good . If I dislike the Pats , it would be because of some arrogance and too many losses to them. But I don't dislike them because they are good.

How did you become a Colts fan then?

Did you vote for the Jets or Giants growing up?

Colts and Pirates since childhood. Saw films of Unitas when I was 10 years old and became a fan. As for the Pirates .. I liked the name Pittsburgh Pirates.

:facepalm:  What he said was stupid, yes. But that wasn't the point. I'm guessing you must have skimmed over the last couple pages or didn't read the comments, I don't know.

I'll try to catch you up to speed.

Basically a couple Patriot fans in here say since Sergio was fine after hitting the television cart, then why should Colts fans even make a big deal of it.

Raiola cut Moore, but Moore was fine and the game ended. That was that.

But all of a sudden it's a big deal and we should punish Moore, bad... because he meant to harm Moore, but didn't.

:loco:

Naa .. not horrible people . Really just s few customers that annoyed me. BTW... I'm from Central NY and moved to CA. 

My wife is from Queens. She thinks she's a Yankees fan but can't name a single player on the team now that Jeter retired.  ;)

She knows better than to mess with the Patriots or Bruins though.  :thmup:

(Hope you and your... boys (?) are on the up-and-up by the way!)

Meh, I find the whole "FA era" argument to be bogus. If you have an elite QB you really have to F it up not to make the playoffs.

Celtics were very popular around here during that time lol.

:facepalm:  What he said was stupid, yes. But that wasn't the point. I'm guessing you must have skimmed over the last couple pages or didn't read the comments, I don't know.

I'll try to catch you up to speed.

Basically a couple Patriot fans in here say since Sergio was fine after hitting the television cart, then why should Colts fans even make a big deal of it.

Raiola cut Moore, but Moore was fine and the game ended. That was that.

But all of a sudden it's a big deal and we should punish Moore, bad... because he meant to harm Moore, but didn't.

:loco:

It's about intent. I'm sorry you don't understand this.

Gronk did not intend to injure Sergio Brown. He didn't say, "Man that guy's been talking for this whole game. I think I'll block him out of bounds on this next play and slam him into a TV cart... if there's even one over there" 

Raiola stated, rather directly, that his intent was to injure someone. 

Pretty clear cut to any person who is actually thinking it through.

My wife is from Queens. She thinks she's a Yankees fan but can't name a single player on the team now that Jeter retired.  ;)

She knows better than to mess with the Patriots or Bruins though.  :thmup:

(Hope you and your... boys (?) are on the up-and-up by the way!)

Believe me when I say it's not an area you want someone slicing and dicing.

Colts and Pirates since childhood. Saw films of Unitas when I was 10 years old and became a fan. As for the Pirates .. I liked the name Pittsburgh Pirates.

I'm native Californian and was a very good baseball player. When I started realizing I was better than everyone my age and baseball could possibly get me though college I was 10 and the team I played for was the Pirates. Roberto Clemente and Yaz were my favorite players. The Angles and Sox were my AL teams and the Dodgers and Pirates in the NL. Dad was a Boston guy so I spent a lot of time back east. Central NY is what NY'ers call the Albany area right?