Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

COLTS OFFER PRE-CAMP INJURY UPDATE

bayone

Full Participation – DB-David Caldwell (shoulder), TE-Dallas Clark (wrist-will wear splint), WR-Austin Collie (concussion), WR-Anthony Gonzalez (knee), DB-Kelvin Hayden (neck), DB-Brandon King (hamstring), RB-Devin Moore (shoulder), DB-Jerraud Powers (foot), OG-Jamey Richard (hip), DB-Kevin Thomas (knee), DB-Chip Vaughn (ankle/shoulder)

ISN'T IT GREAT THE LOCKOUT PREVENTED COLT STAFF HELP ( ^*%*$&$#@#%!^ )

Limited Participation – LB-Kavell Conner (foot), LB-Cody Glenn (neck)

To Be Determined – TE-Brody Eldridge (knee)

No participation –*QB-Peyton Manning (neck)

*Unsigned

My link

How is anyone limited? (besides Manning obviously) Did they get hurt playing pickup hoops? or kick the can?? Maybe working out?

Athletes hurt themselves just like anyone else, except they work out nearly every day, and are pushing themselves... which makes them prone to injury as all of us are when we work out. Judging from the eye test of what I have observed at the first day of camp through the years, these guys don't sit on the couch eating potato chips all day. Also, I'm sure that some of the guys who got hurt back in December or January, are still rehabbing (like Kavell), and some who have particularly dangerous injuries (like Cody) from the previous year, need to just test things out. Every year, the NFL loses players to injuries that could be very problematic down the road in life if they continue to play.

I was thinking that too. I was expecting the injury report to be completely blank with the exception of Manning

I think,, its been along time so not sure, they were injured last year and still rehabbing on own and thats the issue for limited

& Brody they dont even know about, may mean nothing or going through diagnostic tests, if remember right & think he had rib problem last year not knee

Full Participation – DB-David Caldwell (shoulder), TE-Dallas Clark (wrist-will wear splint), WR-Austin Collie (concussion), WR-Anthony Gonzalez (knee), DB-Kelvin Hayden (neck), DB-Brandon King (hamstring), RB-Devin Moore (shoulder), DB-Jerraud Powers (foot), OG-Jamey Richard (hip), DB-Kevin Thomas (knee), DB-Chip Vaughn (ankle/shoulder)

ISN'T IT GREAT THE LOCKOUT PREVENTED COLT STAFF HELP ( ^*%*$&$#@#%!^ )

ANOTHER concussion for Collie? :( Scary.

It's good see all our IRs last year are fully particpating

Right. But that just means they're 'ready' to participate. No one is participating yet.

I'm waiting to see when #18 starts participating. If he doesn't play 10 snaps in the preseason, I won't mind, as long as he can practice.

Right. But that just means they're 'ready' to participate. No one is participating yet.

I'm waiting to see when #18 starts participating. If he doesn't play 10 snaps in the preseason, I won't mind, as long as he can practice.

There have been varying statements saying he will be ready when he is ready, whenever that is. I remember the quote but forget who said it, & cant find the link

Caldwell on Peyton, From Fridays conference

Caldwell says the #Colts medical staff has had a chance to evaluate Peyton but hes not ready and wont be ready for the start of camp on Mon.

My link

and then there is this from the Indy Star

quarterbackPeyton Manning will not be ready once camp begins July 31 in Anderson as he recovers from surgery on a disk in his neck.

A source familiar with Manning's health situation said Tuesday that Manning will not be able to participate at the outset, and at this point, there's no way of knowing how much time he might miss.

'

It could be a week. It could be a couple of weeks. Or even most, or all, of training camp.

Those questions won't start to be answered until Manning gets to meet with the Colts' rehabilitation staff, a group he has trusted with his health for more than a decade now.

My link

& Irsays says

IRSAY

Manning underwent a neck procedure May and has been recovering. Irsay offered an update.

“I think that he’s progressing. These things vary on how quickly (they) progress. Our hope is that he can be ready for Houston,” said Irsay. “Our hope is that he’s going to keep trending in that direction, to have a great season and to open against Houston to keep his consecutive streak going. It’s going to go day-to-day, week-to-week, but there hasn’t been any sort of setback. There isn’t anything ominous out there about it. The surgery went very well. We have had a chance in the last couple of days to examine him and talk with him. It’s a process where he’s been a fast healer and he's found a way to get on the field. I’m hopeful that he’ll keep progressing and be ready to go when the season opens, meaning that he had plenty of time to prepare and have played football before the opening game.”

My link

Oh man, that would have killed. Just reading "Colts WR Collie Gets Another Concussion in Offseason", that would ruin the offseason

:rolleyes2: I was thinking of the accumulative effects of ALL the concussions he's had recently and he's had a lot.