Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phil Wilson's Long Transcription Peyton's Media Address Re His Injury Update

bayone

Excellent write up ,

also of interest on other topics Peyton near end is asked

( Questions asked R in black )

(Vice chairman) Bill (Polian) said on radio show he spoke with you and you’d be willing to (accept the team drafting a QB) ….

“First, I want to say any conversation that Bill and I have are alone between he and I. I will say he and I have not had a conversation about the 2012 draft

I’ve had no conversation about the 2012 draft. I especially think that’s inappropriate to even think that. I don’t think I would have in the 2011 season even if I was playing.”

He wasn’t being truthful?

“Maybe a couple years ago, he would say, ‘Eventually we’re going to draft your replacement.’”

But that conversation hasn’t been had?

“No. No. I don’t get into personnel. I don’t. I don’t know what was said on the radio show, but that’s not the kind of conversation that would happen between him and I. Whatever Bill has to do for the organization, that’s what he has to do. I just play football.

( i know i thought i previously read Bill said Peyton was fine with it )

http://blogs.indysta...ing-said-today/

Yeah heard about that, not sure but perhaps their is lack of communication between them???

Entire transcript of confereance is excellent, that was a side topic

Here is the video Link g follows

early in it says he can start weight lifting at the 3 minute mark says has been throwing, now can ramp it up and test his throwing ability more, asked if he will end career as a colt he says at the 5 minute mark and basically avoids answering saying understands timing of the ? but inappropriate to ask when a coach is fired this week , people are fighting for their jobs know u r asking because of the draft , asked if he ever wants to coach as TV media says he will do right after retires he says he hasnt thought about it and if hes done any this year hes 0 & 11

or go to hear as was posted as separate topic and merged & has comments by others that are good

Well in Bill Polian's own words, we're all just a bunch of no nothing fans...so i guess maybe he didnt think we were smart enough to notice all of the inconsistencies in the many things he tries to tell us, only for it to come out later that things didnt happend the way he told us...

heck, he cant even remember the Marvin Harrison draft story correctly...or cant be honest about it, anyhow...or maybe he just struggles to remember ANY draft story correctly, meaning that he didnt REALLY talk to Peyton about it...he wasnt REALLY unable to draft Marvin...he didnt REALLY mean to draft Hughes...lol

Until I hear the entire interview in which Bill made (or didn't) that statement, I don't really care about this topic.

Nor am I concerned about it.

If the entire controversy is whether Bill is a liar or not, I could not care less.

Oh no, someone lied to the press =:o

Every player knows they can't play forever, and that the team needs to prepare themselves to replace them when it's over.

Bill will bring in Peyton's replacement when he sees fit.

I don't see Peyton as being one of those players who doesn't understand that.

Beyond that, who cares.

Until I hear the entire interview in which Bill made (or didn't) that statement, I don't really care about this topic.

Nor am I concerned about it.

If the entire controversy is whether Bill is a liar or not, I could not care less.

Oh no, someone lied to the press = :o

Every player knows they can't play forever, and that the team needs to prepare themselves to replace them when it's over.

Bill will bring in Peyton's replacement when he sees fit.

I don't see Peyton as being one of those players who doesn't understand that.

Beyond that, who cares.

I hope u read the transcript & not just this side topic

I hope u read the transcript & not just this side topic

Are you referring to the Phil's blog linked in your original posting in this thread?

Yes, but that tells you nothing.

I'm not as concerned over what Peyton says there, but more in Bill's radio show, where he made those comments.

A recording would be better then a transcript of that show. Is THAT available anywhere?

If you're not referring to that link, please point me in the right direction.

Are you referring to the Phil's blog linked in your original posting in this thread?

Yes, but that tells you nothing.

I'm not as concerned over what Peyton says there, but more in Bill's radio show, where he made those comments.

A recording would be better then a transcript of that show. Is THAT available anywhere?

If you're not referring to that link, please point me in the right direction.

was referring to said link, as far as Polians show only seen transcripts that said it on varying sites

What Polian actually said a couple of weeks back was:

"I guess it’s from people in the media more than fans, the bottom line is if the right person is there, and it has to be the right person, now is the time to consider that. Peyton and I have spoken about that, and he’s fine with it."

But he didn't say when that conversation took place.

Today the media rephrased that to Peyton under the assumption that he was specifically talking about a recent conversation related to his injury and Andrew Luck. Peyton in denying it sounded like he was more concerned with deflecting stories that make it sound like he is running the entire organization than with having a public dispute with Polian. He then said:

“Maybe a couple years ago, he would say, ‘Eventually we’re going to draft your replacement.’”

I would put this together and assume that Polian was referring to the acknowledged previous conversations in that Peyton has understood for at least the two prior drafts that the Colts will draft a "replacement" if they spot "the right person". This is nothing new. Yes, it's perhaps a little disingenuous to allow people to conclude that he sat down recently with Peyton and said "would you mind terribly if we drafted this Luck fellow, please", but he didn't lie, he's just letting people hear what they want to hear. The fact is that it isn't any of Peyton's business who or when the Colts draft anybody. The suggestions to the contrary seemed to make Peyton very uncomfortable - he's just a player. Polian is just letting those of us who have Peyton on a pedestal feel a little better. He could just as easily have said something completely different and dismissed Peyton's concerns from the equation, which would have fed into the "Polian is an egomaniac" theme much better, but perhaps angered those who think that Peyton should be consulted. In other words, he's doing his job. He patted his superstar on the back while deflecting a substantive answer to the future where it belongs. Not a big deal.

Nope I dont have the link for recording but read that after polian said that he al;so said later on , another day that he would of done it last year but like he saidd in a polian corner if the f right person is there this year he will f do it

Here

Q: What is the future of the quarterback situation with the team in terms of the draft?

It’s very, very premature to even mention player’s names. Now, there are a number of players whose names who are being bandied about. Andrew Luck is one of them. (He) can go back to school if he wishes. Those fellows have until January 15 to declare (for the draft), so they’re not even part of the equation at this point. That said, I have said publicly on a number of occasions that if a quarterback, who is the right person was there, we would not hesitate to make that pick. We were prepared to do that last year and came awfully close to doing it. This year I think there is no question that if the right person were there, we would make the pick. Now who is the right person?

http://www.colts.com...a0-11a0c6e3f397

star on the back while deflecting a substantive answer to the future where it belongs. Not a big deal.

was referring to said link, as far as Polians show only seen transcripts that said it on varying sites

Thanks Bayone.

I'm more with MAC on this, and even with the 'so called' controversy that's ensued, I really don't see where this is a big story, even if the press were being completely honest with all of this.

This topic already exists in another thread. As I expressed in that thread:

http://forums.colts....dpost__p__81699

I see no reason to believe that Polian was lying, nor that Peyton's intention was to express disharmony. There is a far simpler explanation, and this is a topic that is once again being twisted by certain media members who don't like Polian.

Losing sucks....

MAC is dead on this one, its looking at layers much deeper than being expressed and make assumptions...IMO Peyton clears the whole thing up at the end with "Bill and Jim do what they have to do" and if that is to slant a perspective to Kravitz than the later has earned it.

MAC is dead on this one, its looking at layers much deeper than being expressed and make assumptions...IMO Peyton clears the whole thing up at the end with "Bill and Jim do what they have to do" and if that is to slant a perspective to Kravitz than the later has earned it.

I've read this four times and I still have no idea whether you agree with me, or whether I need to call my doctor.

MAC I am in agreement with you...it appears like the media is playing like little kids on a playground and trying to pick a fight over nothing. At least that is what I thought you were trying to say :D

Absolultively. I just had trouble getting past the "MAC is dead on this one". One more "on" would have done wonders for my blood pressure. :lol: