Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How do you feel about our defense?

BlueCollarColts

Alright so after looking up and down through the first two games, and dominant in the past three games, how do you feel about them as a unit? To me, our defense was good in every area but one, rushing the passer. Art Jones, Redding, Hughes, Chapman, and Jean-Francois can stop the run very well, Jackson and Freeman is a good ILB duo, but they can struggle to defend tight ends well at times, and our secondary looks to be very good against the run, with a top (Yes to me our corners are one of the top in the NFL) CB duo and Mike Adams really coming into his own, and Sergio Brown actually looked GOOD yesterday.

The only issue has been pass rush, now props to Manusky for getting creative with LB blitzes/Safety blitzes and not just relying on Walden/Werner to get to the QB, and I think our pass-rush is really starting to come into its own with Werner and Walden now getting into a groove, and Redding has provided a very good pass-rush as well.... So to me, if we can generate a decent pass-rush the rest of the season, this defense can be a top 10 unit. What do you all think?

Our defense has been really unpredictable the past 3 games and i hope that continues.

My only questions are, can Werner keep producing? Can Sergio Brown keep producing? When will Art Jones come back?

Also i would like to see Montori get more snaps at NT. He looked like an upgrade over Chapman and got some great tackles and penetration in the run game.

On one last note is I hate how people say we had a bad run D against the Ravens. Justin Forsett gained 29 yards on one carry against a prevent defense. If you take that out they got 14 carries for only 61 yards.

So to end my rambling lol, i loved the defense the past 3 weeks. If we can keep this up and get consistant LB play then we will have a dangerous team! Especially with Victor Butlers addition. If he can stay healthy then we got a great rotational guy.

You are probably one of the many here who didnt acknowledge the existence of Doyle, M Hughes, Sergio.

Sticking with guys "just Because". lmao that is so _____ it`s funny!

Lets make a commitment to develop Dewey, how about that. Howell might be playing good now if....

You kids!

You are probably one of the many here who didnt acknowledge the existence of Doyle, M Hughes, Sergio.

Sticking with guys "just Because". lmao that is so _____ it`s funny!

Lets make a commitment to develop Dewey, how about that. Howell might be playing good now if....

You kids!

Can't tell if this post is being sarchastic or applauding. I stand by what I said either way though.