Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Not Run It

Colts20593

I listened to the game on the net, and I found myself asking this question too. I thought we should have ran the ball a few times when we passed instead. Even if you don't have a lot of confidence in your run game, I would still rather take my chances on the ground at this point as oppsed to risking an interception by throwing the ball. I think that if there had been just a few different plays called today we would have won the game. Talk about a heart breaker...

I just got back from the game. Why with a minute to go did we throw it twice. Brown ran well and I realize there wasnt much time left but I mean, should of tried it at least once instead of letting Painter throw an almost pick and then throw an actual pick

They were out of timeouts and were probably worried about getting everyone lied up. Also the Panthers were doing a much better job stopping the run once our fullback got hurt. They also probably didn't want to waste a down on spiking the ball which would have had to come if the run didn't get in the endzone.

Had the refs had done their job and thrown the PI flag on the play before the INT we probably would have ran it at least once.

I think what has happened is that over the last 13 years, the Colts could have a bad game or a bad area on their team, and if they just worked on the basics it would get better. Well, usually didn't get better. Manning just covered it up. So I honestly think Caldwell believes that if they continue to just keep pushing the same gameplan, doing the same things, just as before things will turn around. Of course, he is missing the guy who did it.

I just got back from the game. Why with a minute to go did we throw it twice. Brown ran well and I realize there wasnt much time left but I mean, should of tried it at least once instead of letting Painter throw an almost pick and then throw an actual pick

Sorry..I started another thread asking the same thing....

We called those plays as if Manning was QB..and GoColts is right.. Refs ignored clear cut interferencet